Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Drum & Bass Legendry Female DJ Storm comes to Dubai!!

Drum & Bass Legendry Female DJ Storm comes to Dubai!!

Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:02 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Drum & Bass Legendry Female DJ Storm comes to Dubai!!

GlobalFunk rumbles back to Alpha on Friday 22nd August with the World's #1 female Drum n Bass DJ, the legendary DJ STORM.

Storm has always been one of the most influential DJs within drum and bass, known for tight mixing skills and exclusive selection. As one of the Metalheadz label’s chief selectors, she represents the crew at their residencies, label nights and tours as well as countless solo gigs.
<<snipped>>
For those of you who missed the Doc Scott gig back in June - SHAME ON YOU. But you have a chance to make it up by coming to witness the Middle Easts Original Drum n Bass night in its full glory.

Powered by PUMA and the mighty Funktion One rig this GlobalFunk is set to be another roadblock so make sure you get down early and also register at www.platinumlistdubai.com for a 50% concession. ALL Ladies get in free before midnight...! nice

It's gonna be heavy.

Bison

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 10th 2008 at 10:13 am. Reason: Don't push your luck
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drum & Bass Legendry Female DJ Storm comes to Dubai!!

I notice "Bison" is appearing........ there are site rules about advertising, I believe........

...... And so there should be on this occasion - what a load of crap..........

Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:09 am
W10

Decent DJ (from a while back) but Alpha is such a crappy venue. It's awful.

Also - why get a metalheadz resident on and then have Charl Chaka also DJing

Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Dean
I notice "Bison" is appearing........ there are site rules about advertising, I believe........

I noticed previously that Bison's posting about the last night was allowed to stay on the forum, but other posts were removed as they contained advertising...
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:59 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

The BE site moderator Sue was fine with my postings as I do not own or work for the nightclub.

I am not making any money from this, I do this for the love of Drum and Bass and DJ'ing.

I am simply letting like minded individuals know about something they might be interested in.

I do no see a problem with this, that is what forums are for as well as having discussions on topics that may be of interest to people, such as certain famous DJ's visiting the area.

What really annoys me is certain people are always trying to spoil other peoples fun! There were over 438 people that viewed that last post about a clubnight, which tells me there are people interested in this type of thing and that not everyone thinks it's a "load of crap" as suggested by the Dean.

Please be reminded that it is not just old gits that are past it and have no life that are frequenting these forums.

Bison :curse:
Old Aug 10th 2008, 10:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison
The BE site moderator Sue was fine with my postings as I do not own or work for the nightclub.
Yes, Sue was fine with your previous posting, however there is a limit and the post you put on there was blatant OTT advertising. I have removed the poster and cut back the blurb, and will now leave it for Sue to review.

Where do you think the forum would end up if we allowed that kind of advertising from everyone?
Old Aug 10th 2008, 10:39 am
100% British Beef

Where do you think the forum would end up if we allowed that kind of advertising from everyone?
I am a member of a lot of Forums, both here and in the UK. No other forum that I have been on has had a problem with this and in fact on a lot of forums this sort of thing is normal and not a big issue. I can understand the issues with spam but I think that this is totally different.

I think it is the duty of a forum like this to let their members be able to share events and such with other members who may have a similar interest (especially when you cater for expats who are away from home and may want to meet like minded people).

If I posted something along the line of 'Motor Racing Legend Nigel Mansell is coming to Dubai' and in the post gave details of him racing at the autodrome I don't think you guys would have the same issues, that would be advertising as well. As I said I am not working for the Club, I do not own the club and I am not getting paid.

I think you guys should be a bit more lenient with this types of posts. If people like the Dean think it's a "load of crap" then he/she doesn't have to read it.

PS - Thankyou for not deleting the whole post.

Regards

Bison

Last edited by Bison; Aug 10th 2008 at 10:48 am.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 10:54 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison
I am a member of a lot of Forums, both here and in the UK. No other forum that I have been on has had a problem with this and in fact on a lot of forums this sort of thing is normal and not a big issue. I can understand the issues with spam but I think that this is totally different.

I think it is the duty of a forum like this to let their members be able to share events and such with other members who may have a similar interest (especially when you cater for expats who are away from home and may want to meet like minded people).

If I posted something along the line of 'Motor Racing Legend Nigel Mansell is coming to Dubai' and in the post gave details of him racing at the autodrome I don't think you guys would have the same issues, that would be advertising as well. As I said I am not working for the Club, I do not own the club and I am not getting paid.

I think you guys should be a bit more lenient with this types of posts. If people like the Dean think it's a "load of crap" then he/she doesn't have to read it.

PS - Thankyou for not deleting the whole post.

Regards

Bison
I don't mind the post or really see the harm in it, there's stacks of posts, you can see what it is then not view it again.

Let the man speak...
Old Aug 10th 2008, 12:01 pm