Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Drugsmuggler released in Dubai

Drugsmuggler released in Dubai

Old Jan 16th 2008, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

dstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nice
Default Drugsmuggler released in Dubai

The custom in Sweden linked a 200 kg cocain consignment to a 47 year old Swede. He was arrested in Dubai but was later released without explanation.

200 kilos of cocaine worth 250 million Dhs was hidden behind sacks of chemicals. The drug was replaced with shredded documents that were put back into the sacks.

The custom carried out a joint operation in December 2007 with collegues from Germany, Holland and Belgium. Investigators were following the truck with the consignment. Three persons were apprehended in Germany when they attempted to retrieve the drug from the containers on the truck. They are now under trial in Germany.

During the operation, they also managed to track the ring leader who had been apprehended in Dubai in October 2007. However, despite being wanted by the Interpol, he was recently released without any explanation.

Full article in Swedish
Old Jan 16th 2008, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drugsmuggler released in Dubai

Originally Posted by dstress
The custom in Sweden linked a 200 kg cocain consignment to a 47 year old Swede. He was arrested in Dubai but was later released without explanation.

200 kilos of cocaine worth 250 million Dhs was hidden behind sacks of chemicals. The drug was replaced with shredded documents that were put back into the sacks.

The custom carried out a joint operation in December 2007 with collegues from Germany, Holland and Belgium. Investigators were following the truck with the consignment. Three persons were apprehended in Germany when they attempted to retrieve the drug from the containers on the truck. They are now under trial in Germany.

During the operation, they also managed to track the ring leader who had been apprehended in Dubai in October 2007. However, despite being wanted by the Interpol, he was recently released without any explanation.

Full article in Swedish
Any particular reason for posting this? You don't say that he was actually smuggling the stuff INTO Dubai - merely that he was arrested here.

What are you saying, exactly?
Old Jan 16th 2008, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Any particular reason for posting this? You don't say that he was actually smuggling the stuff INTO Dubai - merely that he was arrested here.

I think thisdress is talking about that guy who posted on here 2-3 days ago,who claimed to be working for IKEA...
Old Jan 16th 2008, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
I think thisdress is talking about that guy who posted on here 2-3 days ago,who claimed to be working for IKEA...
No idea. Still don't get the point of his post though.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 5:17 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he's trying to tell us is NOT all vegetables are neccessarily healthy and good for us....
Old Jan 16th 2008, 5:20 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

No idea. Still don't get the point of his post though.
where as all your posts make complete sense....
Old Jan 16th 2008, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MataHari
where as all your posts make complete sense....
I may talk bollocks from time to time, but at least there is some semblance of purpose to what I post.

Read once again what dstress posted - then YOU can tell me what he's getting at.

Sometimes picking me to pieces does you little credit.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 5:25 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I may talk bollocks from time to time, but at least there is some semblance of purpose to what I post.

Read once again what dstress posted - then YOU can tell me what he's getting at.

Sometimes picking me to pieces does you little credit.
who cares what he is getting at...lots of people post lots of irrelevant threads all the time, you and I do....no big deal...you are only attracting attention to it now...while others just ignored it.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MataHari
who cares what he is getting at...lots of people post lots of irrelevant threads all the time, you and I do....no big deal...you are only attracting attention to it now...while others just ignored it.
Seemed like an attempt to make a serious point. Misjudged his audience - or I misjudged him.

Not to worry. You and I will be losing approximately the same amount of sleep over it.

Let's go off-topic - you still flooded out?
Old Jan 17th 2008, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

dstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nice

Quite frequently we come across news on the Internet pertaining to Dubai that is not posted in the local news. What is interesting here is that there is a man wanted by Interpol for smuggling drugs and is currently in jail in Dubai for other charges. Despite an international warrant on this man, he is still released from prison in Dubai rather than having him sent to Europe for trial. I find it interesting that a man charged with 200 kilos of cocaine and wanted by the Interpol is released in Dubai while someone with a trace of pot gets jail for 4 years.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dstress
Quite frequently we come across news on the Internet pertaining to Dubai that is not posted in the local news. What is interesting here is that there is a man wanted by Interpol for smuggling drugs and is currently in jail in Dubai for other charges. Despite an international warrant on this man, he is still released from prison in Dubai rather than having him sent to Europe for trial. I find it interesting that a man charged with 200 kilos of cocaine and wanted by the Interpol is released in Dubai while someone with a trace of pot gets jail for 4 years.
Ahhh.

So would you rather they locked up the coke guy as well as the dope-fiend dj?

Or let them both out and announced the legalisation of all narcotics henceforth?

Which side are you batting for, here?
Old Jan 17th 2008, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Ahhh.

So would you rather they locked up the coke guy as well as the dope-fiend dj?

Or let them both out and announced the legalisation of all narcotics henceforth?

Which side are you batting for, here?
I was merely supplying the information as opposed to preaching my opinion. However, if asked, I think putting someone in prison for trace of pot is not doing anything good for society while releasing a prisoner with an Interpol warrant for smuggling 200kg of coke might not be the most sensible option.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

could have been that they simply did not have enough evidence to justify holding him any longer and extraditing him.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:14 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Inselaffen;5804331]could have been that they simply did not have enough evidence to justify holding him any longer and extraditing him.

If there was an Interpol Warrant in force Ins??? -fairly open and shut case.
Never thought finding evidence was a problem here....