Dow Jones Index Up 11%

Old Oct 14th 2008, 6:46 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dow Jones Index Up 11%

Last night the DJI made its biggest single day gain since...1933Am feeling rather pleased with myself, having spent so much on shares the other day. May be looking to sell later this week, however, as I'm not yet totally convinced that the crisis is over but, during these volatile times, there is easy money to be gained by buying on the dips and selling on the peaks.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 6:55 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dow Jones Index Up 11%

Oh bully for you

-
Old Oct 14th 2008, 7:26 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lionheart
Last night the DJI made its biggest single day gain since...1933Am feeling rather pleased with myself, having spent so much on shares the other day. May be looking to sell later this week, however, as I'm not yet totally convinced that the crisis is over but, during these volatile times, there is easy money to be gained by buying on the dips and selling on the peaks.
Do you mind me asking who you use for share trading? I had a look at Internaxx - which seems to fit the bill for expat online share dealing - but I thought their fees were a bit steep.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 8:18 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NedKelly63
Do you mind me asking who you use for share trading? I had a look at Internaxx - which seems to fit the bill for expat online share dealing - but I thought their fees were a bit steep.
Barclays Stockbrokers give instant access and charge GBP6.95 per trade.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 8:35 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lionheart
Barclays Stockbrokers give instant access and charge GBP6.95 per trade.
That sounds very reasonable. Is this an online service? If so, so you have a link for it?

Cheers
Old Oct 14th 2008, 12:44 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Dow Jones Index Up 11%

Good work , it's always nice to see someone doing well given current challenging conditions.

I've been shocked twice over the last two days , rises on the back of government interention?!! There are still quite a lot of problems for banks and the economy generally to overcome so, like you, I wonder how long before a sense of reality sets into the markets.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Good work , it's always nice to see someone doing well given current challenging conditions.

I've been shocked twice over the last two days , rises on the back of government interention?!! There are still quite a lot of problems for banks and the economy generally to overcome so, like you, I wonder how long before a sense of reality sets into the markets.
Of For S'kcuf Sake,

You won't be satisfied until RBS has gone belly up will you?
Old Oct 14th 2008, 8:10 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Dow Jones Index Up 11%

Originally Posted by The Dean
Of For S'kcuf Sake,

You won't be satisfied until RBS has gone belly up will you?
Dean, they have a lifeline . They are saved (well sort of...).

http://www.business-standard.com/ind...?autono=337278

In the end I don't get a say in these things anyway. I'm not a shareholder in RBS, as I said on another thread my money will be in another bank.