Dishwashers...

Old May 27th 2013, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dishwashers...

actually C4/ LuLu don't fit - they are fitted by the distributor of the product -- so it really is Scamp says, same shit, same toilet.
Old May 27th 2013, 8:10 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have a dishwasher, your dewa bill will go up as it uses far more water than washing dishes by hand. It's only more efficient if you do genuinely have loads of dishes and pots and pans (say, from cooking meals for a family of four 2-3 times a day).

But for one or two people it's a waste of time and money. You'll end up stacking the dishes into the dishwasher for a few days before running it.

How do you cook? A full meal each and every night? Or a big pot of something and have the leftovers for the next three or so nights? When I cook it takes, what, 10-15 minutes at most to thoroughly wash the dishes and pots.

Originally Posted by Scamp
Same shit, different toilet I expect. Just been informed by the mrs that I'm not allowed to buy one off Dubizzle because that's "urgh". Oh well.

Nice try. Not happening.

Live alone.. hmm

I cook proper meals every night, so washing up gets generated. If you don't do it one night then there is a pile the next.

Dishwashe was my job at Mums, along with the bins. I don't mind loading and unloading. There is never any real need to rinse them first - only if there is still loads of crap on them.

Gotta love a BG meme.
Old May 27th 2013, 8:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I don't think we have ever used the dishwasher - even in the UK. Pointless device.
Why not?

Originally Posted by DustyBits
Carrefour fitted ours too. Several months later Mrs DB got a helluva jolt from the metal door. After investigating I found that the live wire wasn't tightened and the resulting heat had slowly burned through the terminal block, plug and facia before welding itself to the earth wire. The whole machine was then live and waiting for a suitable victim.....absolute idiots and would never trust them again.

No long term harm tho....I bought her some fairy liquid!

DB
Oh lordy. Sounds horrible, assume she was alright and was 'just' a jolt?
Old May 27th 2013, 8:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Ethos83
If you have a dishwasher, your dewa bill will go up as it uses far more water than washing dishes by hand. It's only more efficient if you do genuinely have loads of dishes and pots and pans (say, from cooking meals for a family of four 2-3 times a day).

But for one or two people it's a waste of time and money. You'll end up stacking the dishes into the dishwasher for a few days before running it.

How do you cook? A full meal each and every night? Or a big pot of something and have the leftovers for the next three or so nights? When I cook it takes, what, 10-15 minutes at most to thoroughly wash the dishes and pots.
Full, proper meals every night.

Sometimes simple like last night's Chilli Con Helmet...generates a couple of big bowls for eating, forks, big pan, chopping board, knife, glasses, spoons, bowl for home made guac. Not too much, but enough.

I don't deny that it's pure laziness. I bought double cutlery and plates/bowls ready for this eventuality.
Old May 27th 2013, 8:26 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Personally I think they're brilliant, load everything in as you finish whatever you're doing then when it's full switch it on.

As the meerkat says, "Simples".
Old May 27th 2013, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

If you can change a tyre, you can instal a dishwasher.
Old May 27th 2013, 8:43 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Let me just google that.....
Old May 27th 2013, 8:44 am
Account Closed

Never changed a tyre...other than on a push bike.
Old May 27th 2013, 8:46 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear, you've just entered Man Club territory. Unarmed.
Old May 27th 2013, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

DustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really nice

Oh lordy. Sounds horrible, assume she was alright and was 'just' a jolt?
The language was a bit choice for a few minutes, but she was ok. Then the thought of 'doing dishes' kicked in and off she went again....
Old May 27th 2013, 8:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Oh dear, you've just entered Man Club territory. Unarmed.
Only had a flat once, bloke came and changed it. He gave me some stick, but I asked what he did most often as an AA man, he said changing tyres/wheels, so I told him to get on with it. Finished in silence, was a bit awkward but his power tools were a lot quicker than the start I'd made with those shitty bar things.

Some people have the will and desire to do these tasks. I don't. I'll either cock it up by rushing into it or just get bored...let someone else do it.

Originally Posted by DustyBits
The language was a bit choice for a few minutes, but she was ok. Then the thought of 'doing dishes' kicked in and off she went again....
Hahaha, classic.
Old May 27th 2013, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, bloody hell! What are you like?
Old May 27th 2013, 9:14 am
Account Closed

Oh, bloody hell! What are you like?
Too important. Manual labour is for peasants.
Old May 27th 2013, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Too important. Manual labour is for peasants.
You've been in Dubai too long....
Old May 27th 2013, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid, pretentious machines. Could never see the point of them. Like those television thingies - they will never catch on.

Give me a fit young filipina filly any day !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.