Dinner

Old Nov 13th 2017, 11:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Dinner

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Like venison?
Durrr...much easier to explain. Yeah, a bit like venison. Thanks!
Old Nov 13th 2017, 12:44 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Interesting. Not known anyone who's tried the raw chicken stuff....fair play. Closest I got in Japan was raw horsemeat and mane. The latter was disgusting, just a tiny slab of yellow fat basically.
Mane? Isn't that a horse's hair? (Not being picky this time, just genuinely confused.)

Yeah, I've had horsemeat in Japan -- tough and not particularly tasty.

Also had whale (just for scientific research purposes, you understand): what little taste it had was vaguely unpleasant, and the texture was gross.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 12:48 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

I just dribbled. Actually dribbled, ignoring the hateful flavour of soup you suggest, I think I'm going to have to make that meal.
Me too. Sounds fabulous
Old Nov 14th 2017, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Had horse too in Austria, didn't really notice until someone told me. Not really a fan of venison, too gamey.

I used to got to this Mongolian restaurant in Glasgow (awesome dating venue) and they had loads of weird and wonderful meats - croc, shark, kangaroo, ostrich etc etc. They all taste like chicken! ;-)
Old Nov 14th 2017, 5:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Mane? Isn't that a horse's hair? (Not being picky this time, just genuinely confused.)

Yeah, I've had horsemeat in Japan -- tough and not particularly tasty.

Also had whale (just for scientific research purposes, you understand): what little taste it had was vaguely unpleasant, and the texture was gross.
I'll find the picture and see what it said. I assumed it was the neck fat? Whatever it was it was yellow, chewy and horrid.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I used to got to this Mongolian restaurant in Glasgow (awesome dating venue) and they had loads of weird and wonderful meats - croc, shark, kangaroo, ostrich etc etc. They all taste like chicken! ;-)
I think they were all chicken
Old Nov 14th 2017, 5:33 am
Account Closed

I had burgers with feta and onion on top (no bun), salad and home made wedges last night. Lovely.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

I had burgers with feta and onion on top (no bun), salad and home made wedges last night. Lovely.
Does sound like a nice meal. I like feta a lot. I didn't get home till nine and didn't eat.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 5:40 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Was finished early so decided to treat Mrs Shed. I made Chicken Tikka Massala and Vegetable Jalfrezi from scratch.

Turned out rather well actually. Surprised me, Mrs Shed and the dog as he didn't get any lol
Old Nov 14th 2017, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

We had a dirty doner kebab last night from The Kebab Shop in Disco Gardens. Had it with salad, chilli and garlic sauce.

It's the closest we've found to a British one, not as greasy though. It's the only one we know of that uses lamb as well, all the others only seem to have chicken and veal.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 6:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Does sound like a nice meal. I like feta a lot. I didn't get home till nine and didn't eat.
Everything's better with feta.

Originally Posted by TheShed
Was finished early so decided to treat Mrs Shed. I made Chicken Tikka Massala and Vegetable Jalfrezi from scratch.

Turned out rather well actually. Surprised me, Mrs Shed and the dog as he didn't get any lol
Beautiful. I love a scratch cuzza.

Originally Posted by Made in Sheffield 1
We had a dirty doner kebab last night from The Kebab Shop in Disco Gardens. Had it with salad, chilli and garlic sauce.

It's the closest we've found to a British one, not as greasy though. It's the only one we know of that uses lamb as well, all the others only seem to have chicken and veal.
Did we just become best friends?
Old Nov 14th 2017, 6:11 am
Wannabe Cycling God

Gets my recommendation (and their branch in Media City). Closest to UK and definitely not too greasy. Perfect Friday lunch after a heavy Thursday.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Owww, I love making homemade burgers and throwing different things into the mix. Adding grated cheese, really finesly chopped red onions and curry powder is a nice combo.

Originally Posted by TheShed
Like making the base and all? The ex (BrIndian) makes curries and she always says to make them properly its a half a day event.

Maybe she just wants undeserved appreciation....
Old Nov 14th 2017, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

There's a few decent ones about. The German kebab place is OK too. Have had the Kebab shop ones too, although I need to leave it a few weeks before I order again as last time I ordered online after several beers and may have fallen asleep by the time they tried to deliver....
Old Nov 14th 2017, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

i've had their seekh kebabs with naan - fairly decent. Haven't yet tried their doners....never really been a fan of doners back home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.