Dinner

Old Nov 13th 2017, 7:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Dinner

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Oh dear, you are just sooooo wrong. Probably because you are doing it wrong. I've converted my bf from being completely dismissive, and even derisive of roast chicken, to being the one who insists we have it regularly now. Ok, he does then go and buy the most expensive bird from Spinneys every time but it's always delicious. Roasting a few veggies alongside, including simple things like onions and garlic which take no effort at all, just adds to the treat (and to the ingredients for the left-over stir-fry).
Nope. Chicken is the worst of all the roast options. I don't care how juicy or succulent and how good the skin is, it's still dull.
But then again, all roasts are fundamentally dull.

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Ah, many thanks.

Well, yes, it's personal decision to work late. I'm usually the only one in the office between 5:30 and 8, which I enjoy very much but the work isn't wasted either.

I do make a big pot of something on the weekend and have that for lunches during the week, along with the broccoli. Never felt the need to have a big / heavy meal at night, hence the salads. Sometimes I don't eat anything at all. Just not hungry.
I'm on an anti-work thing at the moment, I'm coming in later and leaving earlier in my own little two fingers up at these helmets.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear, you are just sooooo wrong. Probably because you are doing it wrong. I've converted my bf from being completely dismissive, and even derisive of roast chicken, to being the one who insists we have it regularly now. Ok, he does then go and buy the most expensive bird from Spinneys every time but it's always delicious. Roasting a few veggies alongside, including simple things like onions and garlic which take no effort at all, just adds to the treat (and to the ingredients for the left-over stir-fry).
i'm with MISS, nothing like a delicious chicken roast
Old Nov 13th 2017, 8:32 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Last night - pork chop casserole ... an easy, one dish supper. Tonight - fish pie with a creamy, buttery mashed potato topping.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hnd
Last night - pork chop casserole ... an easy, one dish supper. Tonight - fish pie with a creamy, buttery mashed potato topping.
:blasphemous
Old Nov 13th 2017, 8:46 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
:blasphemous
Yes Mission, but not for the reasons you think just because you've been propagandised about poor little piggies.

Hnd, why would you submerge a poor innocent pork chop in a dank and soggy casserole instead of browning and caramelising their delicious juicy crispy sweetness perfectly on a hot pan?
Old Nov 13th 2017, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes Mission, but not for the reasons you think just because you've been propagandised about poor little piggies.

Hnd, why would you submerge a poor innocent pork chop in a dank and soggy casserole instead of browning and caramelising their delicious juicy crispy sweetness perfectly on a hot pan?
Old Nov 13th 2017, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm...mmm...pork....

It's fascinating how there are many Muslims who will do every possible haram thing but draw the line at eating pork. Which is so beloved by the rest of the world. Never quite figured that bit out.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Hmm...mmm...pork....

It's fascinating how there are many Muslims who will do every possible haram thing but draw the line at eating pork. Which is so beloved by the rest of the world. Never quite figured that bit out.
yep totally and i guess i am one of them.
just the smell of any pig meat makes me heave
Even when i go into spinneys/choitrams/park n shop and i walk past the pork section the smell makes me literally want to be sick.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

How do you find the time to cook? I don't get home most days till after eight, just enough time to pull together a quick salad if I can be bothered to eat something. In bed by 10 and up at 5:30.
Get yourself a slow cooker, bang in veggies and meat bit of water with an Oxo cube, switch on in the morning lovely meal waiting for you!!
Old Nov 13th 2017, 9:08 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

They're not submerged. They sit on layers of thinly sliced potatoes and onions, over which has been poured a tin of Campbells Condensed Mushroom Soup. Put a lid on the dish or cover with foil and bake in a hot oven (230c) for about 50 mins, or until the spuds are just tender then remove the lid and brown the chops/crisp the fat for about 7 minutes. Delicious and, as said, a one-pot meal - and if you've got a timer on your oven it can be prepped in the morning and then stuck into the oven which is set to be ready when you get in from work!!
Old Nov 13th 2017, 9:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by hnd
They're not submerged. They sit on layers of thinly sliced potatoes and onions, over which has been poured a tin of Campbells Condensed Mushroom Soup. Put a lid on the dish or cover with foil and bake in a hot oven (230c) for about 50 mins, or until the spuds are just tender then remove the lid and brown the chops/crisp the fat for about 7 minutes. Delicious and, as said, a one-pot meal - and if you've got a timer on your oven it can be prepped in the morning and then stuck into the oven which is set to be ready when you get in from work!!
I just dribbled. Actually dribbled, ignoring the hateful flavour of soup you suggest, I think I'm going to have to make that meal.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 9:10 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

How do you know it's horrible when you have never tasted it? (I should know better than to go down this rabbithole as I have this same discussion at home ad nauseum....).
Old Nov 13th 2017, 9:13 am
...we killed the flame

Originally Posted by hnd
Ah, so technically that is baked (or maybe braised) pork chops with a potato and onion casserole: now that's a different sounding proposition altogether...
Old Nov 13th 2017, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

How do you know it's horrible when you have never tasted it? (I should know better than to go down this rabbithole as I have this same discussion at home ad nauseum....).
sight and smell is enough to put me off...you know they say you eat with your eyes first and you smell next
Old Nov 13th 2017, 9:16 am
...we killed the flame

yep totally and i guess i am one of them.
just the smell of any pig meat makes me heave
Even when i go into spinneys/choitrams/park n shop and i walk past the pork section the smell makes me literally want to be sick.
Proof that this is all psychological as pork has no discernible smell, certainly not that could be distinguished from any other meat.

Do you like/eat beef bacon or veal bacon? If so, then you like the taste of bacon (or a pale imitation of bacon).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.