Curtains / Blinds

Old Nov 6th 2017, 3:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Curtains / Blinds

Hello helpful people,

I have two options:

1. Get someone round to re-hang the curtains we have (came with the apartment) because I didn't pay attention to how it was done, think there are hooks missing and each time I've tried they've looked awful.
OR
2. Get some new curtains / blinds made and hung / fitted.

So, my question to you lovely folks is: anyone done either of these and can recommend a reasonably priced yet reliable firm please? Or do I just start ringing any on the internet I can find?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 4:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Curtains / Blinds

You're in Dubai: Definitively you need to buy new when you lose a few hooks.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 4:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
You're in Dubai: Definitively you need to buy new when you lose a few hooks.
I should have added, the curtains aren't great. In fact, they're right in between bang average and shit....so putting them back up is an acceptable option if new is a silly expensive option.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I should have added, the curtains aren't great. In fact, they're right in between bang average and shit....so putting them back up is an acceptable option if new is a silly expensive option.
new can be cheap, or expensive: anywhere between 300dh (dragonmart) or 4000dh (Sedar). You'd struggle to tell the difference.

Oh, and they are curtains. In a rented flat.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Oh, and they are curtains. In a rented flat.
Shit. You're right. I'll let mum wake up with blinding sunlight instead then. I'm sure she'll love that.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

SCAMP i've used the same guy/company for the last few years...he'll come over to you with samples, take measurements of your window/s and once you agree on what you want and the price, he'll get them made and installed. He is very good.
Make sure to get curtains with blackouts.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have curtains or blinds. Never have issues with the sun waking me up. Try it?
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I don't have curtains or blinds. Never have issues with the sun waking me up. Try it?
oh jeeze that would do my head in...i need completeness darkness to be able to sleep.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mission
SCAMP i've used the same guy/company for the last few years...he'll come over to you with samples, take measurements of your window/s and once you agree on what you want and the price, he'll get them made and installed. He is very good.
Make sure to get curtains with blackouts.
Please can you tell me who they are? Either on PM or here....thanks Mission.

Cool. I imagine you sleep on the floor and don't have doors and hang meat outside because it's cheaper than having a fridge too.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Please can you tell me who they are? Either on PM or here....thanks Mission.

Cool. I imagine you sleep on the floor and don't have doors and hang meat outside because it's cheaper than having a fridge too.
I had the curtains taken down in the bedroom when I moved into the flat. I like light. I crave light. Always up at 5:30 every day.

I don't buy meat FYI.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:06 am
Account Closed

I had the curtains taken down in the bedroom when I moved into the flat. I like light. I crave light. Always up at 5:30 every day.

I don't buy meat FYI.
I honestly don't care. I'm not in the slightest bit interested.

I'd rather you took the piss or cracked some jokes than suggest I don't buy the thing I need and want to buy. It's the most deliberately unhelpful thing in the world.

Now, pull yourself together.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=Scamp;12375721]Please can you tell me who they are? Either on PM or here....thanks Mission.sure yaar - will PM you with his details
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

I honestly don't care. I'm not in the slightest bit interested.

I'd rather you took the piss or cracked some jokes than suggest I don't buy the thing I need and want to buy. It's the most deliberately unhelpful thing in the world.

Now, pull yourself together.
Don't get all holier than thou and patronising Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Besides, I did give you a suggestion. Your body will eventually adjust and get used to the light. That was my good deed for the day.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:31 am
Account Closed

Don't get all holier than thou and patronising Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Besides, I did give you a suggestion. Your body will eventually adjust and get used to the light. That was my good deed for the day.
It wasn't meant to be patronising it was meant to be taken just as it was, I'd rather you took the piss than suggested stupid things.

The curtains are for the living room where my Mum might spend a few nights over Xmas, so it doesn't matter if my body will adjust or not I'm afraid.

I think I'll just stick to google.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

It wasn't meant to be patronising it was meant to be taken just as it was, I'd rather you took the piss than suggested stupid things.

The curtains are for the living room where my Mum might spend a few nights over Xmas, so it doesn't matter if my body will adjust or not I'm afraid.

I think I'll just stick to google.
Man up and give your mum the proper bedroom while you sleep in the sitting room.

Anyway, Ikea does curtains on the cheap. Even Carrefour sells them. Just be sure you have the right rods and all that. My sister recently bought one of these old Victorian houses with 12'ft ceilings and she went out and got basic Ikea curtains and it actually looks half decent.

Last edited by DXBtoDOH; Nov 6th 2017 at 6:46 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.