The Curtain Man!

Old Sep 16th 2012, 3:10 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Curtain Man!

Hello Bored,

I know that we had a thread on this about two or three years ago, but I wanted to get up to date information. As I am shortly moving to my new pad I need to get hold of a reasonably priced but good service curtain supplier.

Anyone have any recent recommendations?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 16th 2012, 5:01 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Curtain Man!

I had my whole 1 bed villa done with curtains which had solar backing, nets (chiffon out here) all the poles & fitting for 2500Dhm from Dragon Mart. There are a couple of dozen places there will do it for you. The only pain being I had to pick the fitter (and materials) up, take him to my place, wait for him to finish (3 hours) and take him back. But a very good job.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 5:05 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
I had my whole 1 bed villa done with curtains which had solar backing, nets (chiffon out here) all the poles & fitting for 2500Dhm from Dragon Mart. There are a couple of dozen places there will do it for you. The only pain being I had to pick the fitter (and materials) up, take him to my place, wait for him to finish (3 hours) and take him back. But a very good job.
Thanks for that Mike. I assume we need to take the window measurements with us to Dragon Mart? I know some of the other curtain firms come out and measure it all for you.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 5:15 am
Wannabe Cycling God

Originally Posted by TheShed
Thanks for that Mike. I assume we need to take the window measurements with us to Dragon Mart? I know some of the other curtain firms come out and measure it all for you.
Mike, how long did it take to order and have fitted? We are moving in two weeks so I suspect that we are a bit short of time.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 5:42 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I took pictures of all the windows, printed them out and wrote the measurements on them and gave them to the Dragon Mart people. They worked out how much material etc. It took them 4 days to make and I collected them on the day they were ready. You could have them quicker though.
Yes companies will come out and measure, then come back & fit etc. but for me it was down to cost. 2.5k versus 6 or 7k!
Old Sep 16th 2012, 5:59 am
Wannabe Cycling God

I took pictures of all the windows, printed them out and wrote the measurements on them and gave them to the Dragon Mart people. They worked out how much material etc. It took them 4 days to make and I collected them on the day they were ready. You could have them quicker though.
Yes companies will come out and measure, then come back & fit etc. but for me it was down to cost. 2.5k versus 6 or 7k!
Thanks for the quick reply Mike. A bit confused as you said that you collected the curtains. Did they come and hang them for you? Ours is a new build apartment so there are no tracks etc and although I can do a bit of DIY, the position of the frames looks a bit more complex than usual and may exceed my skill level
Old Sep 16th 2012, 6:09 am
Account Closed

A bit confused as you said that you collected the curtains. Did they come and hang them for you? :
Yes I went to Dragon Mart, picked them up with the fitter, back to mine where he fitted them, then took him back to Dragon Mart.
Ours is a new build apartment so there are no tracks etc
Mine was a new villa with nothing in it. Poles, rings, tie backs etc. all included in the price.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 6:14 am
Wannabe Cycling God

Yes I went to Dragon Mart, picked them up with the fitter, back to mine where he fitted them, then took him back to Dragon Mart.
Mine was a new villa with nothing in it. Poles, rings, tie backs etc. all included in the price.
Fantastic! Many thanks for the advice - Looks like I am off to DM one day this week.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic! Many thanks for the advice - Looks like I am off to DM one day this week.
Sedar do the whole thing for you......... I know that's a boring and predictable reply but they were superb with our stuff..........
Old Sep 16th 2012, 10:33 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Sedar do the whole thing for you......... I know that's a boring and predictable reply but they were superb with our stuff..........
And pricey! Also avoid Avenue Blinds.

I have always gone to a place in Satwa, but it's a pain when living some distance away.