This could run...

Old Jul 31st 2013, 1:42 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default This could run...

Primary school dinner lady sacked for 'negligence, carelessness or idleness' after she accidentally served gammon to a Muslim pupil.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lim-pupil.html

The girl's parents were then told how close their daughter had come to eating the meat, which is banned in their religion.

Oh FFS.

They complained to the school's catering firm and Ms Waldock, a dinner lady for 11 years, was suspended pending an investigation.

And if her father's ever had a pint, smoked a fag, not observed Ramadan fasting without a proper reason, or kissed anyone other than his wife then he ought to be outed as a ****ing hypocrite.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 3:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This could run...

Interesting - the dinner ladies are expected to be the ultimate guardians of who-can-eat-what? Can't they have a Spinney's-style 'Not For Muslims' section of the serving area? Talking of Spinney's - there's a thought: the check-out girls are now responsible for making sure Muslims haven't bought pork by mistake.......
Old Aug 1st 2013, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

In the article Nigel Farage has a point that were this a case of a vegetarian being served meat, she wouldn't be fired.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

so, if little Edward is allergic to..let's say mushy peas, and the lady served those to him and he "almost' ate them, would she be fired and would there be an investigation?
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

In that situation, there's a case for the school having to answer for not having a system in place under H&S to protect allergy sufferers. Not for the employee to suffer.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 5:22 am
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that the family who asked for her to be sacked are moving to Sharjah this month in order to provide their kids with an upbringing more in line with their religious beliefs. Seems very vindictive to ask for someone to be sacked, not something I would like on my conscience

Hmmmmm

link to the article

Last edited by Fossildog; Aug 2nd 2013 at 5:31 am.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fossildog
Interesting that the family who asked for her to be sacked are moving to Sharjah this month in order to provide their kids with an upbringing more in line with their religious beliefs. Seems very vindictive to ask for someone to be sacked, not something I would like on my conscience

Hmmmmm

link to the article
They asked for her to be sacked despite knowing they were moving overseas?? Vindictive spiteful bastards. And cowardly spineless officials who agreed to their request to sack the woman? No polite words to describe them. The school who failed to ensure Muslim kids were properly directed to the non-pork food selection? Incompetent morons.

The only person to emerge from this disgrace with any dignity or credibility is the dinner lady herself............

Shameful - utterly shameful.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 7:28 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Hmmmmm

link to the article
Great pic though - I'm sure this is what was served up in the canteen!

Old Aug 2nd 2013, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

Wants to move to Sharjah so the children grown up knowing their muslim beliefs? or, the fact he tried to diddle the taxman out of half a million?
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

A dodgy recruitment consultant. He should do well in Sharjah
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
so, if little Edward is allergic to..let's say mushy peas, and the lady served those to him and he "almost' ate them, would she be fired and would there be an investigation?
Above is a healthy safety issue while the OP is merely cultural; the little bugger wouldn't suffer biological ill effects because a desert voice/s thousands of years ago proscribed pork. My nephew is allegeric to peanuts, and in his case he could seriouly be in bad shape were he to inadvertently injest anything with nuts.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hmmmmm

link to the article
He'll fit right in.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Above is a healthy safety issue while the OP is merely cultural; the little bugger wouldn't suffer biological ill effects because a desert voice/s thousands of years ago proscribed pork. My nephew is allegeric to peanuts, and in his case he could seriouly be in bad shape were he to inadvertently injest anything with nuts.
Indeed, not the best example i gave.
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute

There has to be more to this than we have been told thus far. Are dinner ladies these days supposed to know what every individual kid is allowed and not allowed to eat ? or did she knowingly give the kid the gammon and make a joke about it ? I cannot believe that she would (or could in the UK) be sacked for basically doing her job, i.e. dishing out the food to the kids !!! If she was then she ought to get herself a good lawyer and get down to the labour tribunal smartish and take her employer to the cleaners.
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 3:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by hong_konger
There has to be more to this than we have been told thus far. Are dinner ladies these days supposed to know what every individual kid is allowed and not allowed to eat ? or did she knowingly give the kid the gammon and make a joke about it ? I cannot believe that she would (or could in the UK) be sacked for basically doing her job, i.e. dishing out the food to the kids !!! If she was then she ought to get herself a good lawyer and get down to the labour tribunal smartish and take her employer to the cleaners.
Thank you for rewording my post (#7).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.