Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Converting negatives to DVD

Converting negatives to DVD

Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold
Default Converting negatives to DVD

Does anybody know anywhere in the UAE that does this to (almost) professional standard? And how much it is likely to cost?

I want to make a book of old photos for my Mum's 70th birthday.

Thanks
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:05 am
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Converting negatives to DVD

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi
Does anybody know anywhere in the UAE that does this to (almost) professional standard? And how much it is likely to cost?

Thanks
DIY
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by zamboooka
DIY
Er, how???
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:12 am
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

Er, how???
get them printed.. scan em.. burn em...

how else...??? *PERVERTED STARE*
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

get them printed.. scan em.. burn em...

how else...??? *PERVERTED STARE*
You would lose a lot of the clarity doing it like that... thanks for the suggestion, anyway.

Oh, and can you stop staring - it's making me feel rather uneasy...
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:23 am
Viva la revolucion..

You would lose a lot of the clarity doing it like that... thanks for the suggestion, anyway.

Oh, and can you stop staring - it's making me feel rather uneasy...
Go to Kinko's in Bur Dubai. Dunno if they have a kinkos in AD.. but im sure they do this kinda stuff...
luck....

PS. if Im staring at you like a pervert..do u really think it'll bother me that it makes you uneasy!?!?
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Go to Kinko's in Bur Dubai. Dunno if they have a kinkos in AD.. but im sure they do this kinda stuff...
luck....

PS. if Im staring at you like a pervert..do u really think it'll bother me that it makes you uneasy!?!?
Thank you kind weirdo.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:29 am
Viva la revolucion..

Thank you kind weirdo.
iz all gud

*PS*
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:49 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Thanks
you can get a very (very!) good job done by buying a simple scanner w/ a negative holder. it'll zap it into your machine with a couple of clicks, render it the right color, and you can put it onto a DVD without any problems.

in fact, the place where you'll lose the most quality is the tv you display the DVD on.

why not to do it at kinkos... you may get a "oops! sorry! *shrug*" when the accidentally fumble, cut, destroy your negs and that's it.

Last edited by still.unsure; Apr 25th 2009 at 10:53 am. Reason: spelling
Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by still.unsure
you can get a very (very!) good job done by buying a simple scanner w/ a negative holder. it'll zap it into your machine with a couple of clicks, render it the right color, and you can put it onto a DVD without any problems.
Really? I have never heard of that. Can you send me a link to one, please. Thanks.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:59 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Really? I have never heard of that. Can you send me a link to one, please. Thanks.
here's one by canon... http://www.canon-me.com/For_Home/Pro...600f/index.asp

canon comes with a bunch of good software to import the pictures and makes it all pretty straight forward. they used to have software that would "backup" your pictures to cd or dvd and you could select it to be a "picture cd" which would play in most dvd players.

but once you've got the images into the computer, i'd recommend you get something like nero or some freebie software (google!) to make a picture dvd. there's even tools where you can add a soundtrack to your slideshow.

i'm not sure how much the scanner will cost in the UAE, but they're around AED240 - 350 here in the magic kingdom

haz saeed!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 5:16 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
negatives eh? old school Bambi, old school.

you can get scanners but they are a bit crap, you'd still need to colour correct the images, I'd ring round and find out if anyone can do it for you, there must be places that do it, and just get them to whack them onto a CD or DVD for you once they are done.