Comoros Islands

Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Comoros Islands

Anyone been/worked/passed through there?

Any thoughts appreciated.

thanks
Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comoros Islands

remember reading a blog from someone who had visited a while back.

Not an easy place to visit and I understand that the bubbling earthquake on the main island is just abiding it's time to commit mass murder.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
remember reading a blog from someone who had visited a while back.

Not an easy place to visit and I understand that the bubbling earthquake on the main island is just abiding it's time to commit mass murder.
Lol think the last eruption was 75, i seem to remember reading it somewhere

I cant find anything decent on google?
Old Jun 1st 2009, 10:05 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley

thanks
Been to Mayotte to work, I think it is still part of them?

Was a riot a few weeks before I arrived, some local people killed a couple of, and I quote 'whites' so they cut of power for a few days.

Was warned to not leave hotel at night, but I actually liked the place.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 10:08 am
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of

thanks
I stoped there once in '95 on an Emirates flight to J'burg, however the dodgy looking security types wearing mirrored sunglasses and guns would not let us transit passengers off the plane. The islands looked nice from the air/plane steps and at the time Emirates was trying to push the Comoros as a stop over tourist destination. From what I understand now, corrupt governance and military coups are the main leisure activies.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 10:09 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

I'm better with the Comotose Islands..Ibiza,Kos etc but this link might help.
Also notice the C Islands have their own link in CIA Library.....a lot of coups it seems and not a Fresian in sight.

www.lonelyplanet.com/comoros
Old Jun 1st 2009, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Been to Mayotte to work, I think it is still part of them?

Was a riot a few weeks before I arrived, some local people killed a couple of, and I quote 'whites' so they cut of power for a few days.

Was warned to not leave hotel at night, but I actually liked the place.
jeez sounds like a nice place!
Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:45 am
Just Joined

dalkarl is an unknown quantity at this point

jeez sounds like a nice place!
I speak swahili, seems to be used on Comoros! Can accompany you there if I'm around!