Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Coming to Visit in August! drink anyone?

Coming to Visit in August! drink anyone?

Old Apr 24th 2008, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

steelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nice
Default Coming to Visit in August! drink anyone?

Hey guys not posted for a while, Hope everyone is well.
now its nearer the time for us visiting we were wondering if in august anyone would be kind enough to meet up with me and sarah for a drink and discuss the best way for us to get the ball rolloing with our move to dubai, ideally sarah my wife would like to meet up with a teacher to talk about what she needs to do and maybe even get some good contacts.
anyways if anyone would be kind enough just let us know.

Tom & sarah

we are coming over on august 25th and are there for a week

cheers guys!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:09 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Coming to Visit in August! drink anyone?

Must be the hottest month of the year so a good opportunity to see if you can cope with the humidity and heat while most sensible British expats will be off to the UK to cool off, teachers included.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

steelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nice

yeah I know well see the thing is its te only time we can come due to the summer holidays over here we just really wanna get the ball rolling as soon as we have visited to make sure we like it(cant see a reason for us not to be fair)
if no 1 can meet up with us if anyone could give any advice on where to visit to maybe take a look at a school or maybe look at some houses or apartments
or even a good recruitment agancy for myself and my teacher wife lol

cheers
Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

Charterhouse may be worth speaking to for you as a recruitment agency. Not sure they would be right for teaching posts. Get in touch before you come out and set up a meeting with them. I wouldn't suggest doing it yet otherwise you will be forgotten about.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

great stuff can you give me any other info about them website ect?
and if anyone knows of any teaching agencies for my wife who we could also set up meetings with that would be great.
cheers
Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

Yep, although Google is a pretty good tool

http://www.charterhouseme.ae/
Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

or of course the old favourites... http://www.michaelpage.ae/
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the help! il get in touch
what about housing obviously we are gonna be looking at renting, are there any firms out in dubai we could maybe visit when we come over and discuss some options.

again any advice would be good?

cheers
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:45 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

has Sarah been in touch with some of the schools yet?

property - check out www.gulfnews.com.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

if you dare meet non-teachers, i'm sure there will be loads of us still around in august...

MM, xx
Old Apr 25th 2008, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

sarahs not been in touch with any schools as yet BC what do you suggest?
I was gonna PM you to be fair to see what your thoughts were.

if there are plenty of you guys round in august you tell us where and when lol

like i say if we can meet up with anyone who would be willing to give any advice that would be great. Im sure I have read on here somwhere that somtimes all you guys get together or is that just me imagining it?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steelertom
sarahs not been in touch with any schools as yet BC what do you suggest?
I was gonna PM you to be fair to see what your thoughts were.

if there are plenty of you guys round in august you tell us where and when lol

like i say if we can meet up with anyone who would be willing to give any advice that would be great. Im sure I have read on here somwhere that somtimes all you guys get together or is that just me imagining it?
we have quiz night every monday, and then meet up for a night out about once a month...

i'll defo be here in late august, and i'm sure others will, so would be great to meet you guys...

MM, xx
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

yeah for sure MM well il be sure to keep my eyes on here from now on as i guess we really need to get the ball rolling
our target is early next year to make the move. sounds like ages when you say it like that but its not that far away to be fair.

cheers x
Old Apr 26th 2008, 7:16 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steelertom
yeah for sure MM well il be sure to keep my eyes on here from now on as i guess we really need to get the ball rolling
our target is early next year to make the move. sounds like ages when you say it like that but its not that far away to be fair.

cheers x
she needs to get applications out to all the schools now. Try GEMS Education first they are the biggest. Then do a search on Emaar Education (Raffles).
Old Apr 26th 2008, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Must be the hottest month of the year so a good opportunity to see if you can cope with the humidity and heat while most sensible British expats will be off to the UK to cool off, teachers included.
Most teachers are back around this time as they have pre 'season' inductions, training etc...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.