Cold Turkey

Old Nov 8th 2017, 3:10 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cold Turkey

Originally Posted by Scamp
So, I'm thinking, order the bird, cook everything else.
Order the bird from the conveniently located hotel next door to avoid disappointment I guess, or collect myself.
I love cooking so doing shed loads of roasties and pigs in blankets and carrots and and and and is quite exciting.
I wanna come to your gaff Christmas Day.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

Used to order in every year and invite round all our friends who were staying in town and didn’t have family around. As mentioned Room Service usually releases a Christmas brochure with the delivery menus from all the hotels.

Never had any problems or mishaps, I’d recommend it if there’s a large group of you. Plenty of leftovers too. I noticed Jones The Grocer are doing it this year too.

Parents are visiting this year so not sure if we’ll order in or just go out. We’ve got a crappy little oven in our current apartment that will struggle to accommodate a proper turkey. Going out would be easiest but I’d miss all the leftovers to pick at in the following days.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 6:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
You don't need one. Let the turkey rest for up to an hour after it's cooked, keep it wrapped in foil and it'll remain hot. But make sure the dinner plates are piping hot.

(Mother was Gordon Blue)
I meant mainly for veg and things...Turkey resting is critical and the hardest thing for me to do given I like food hot, not warm or very warm etc. Resting steaks, birds, anything...kills me a little inside.

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
Just go out!
Nah, Mummy doesn't want to and most places I expect are hugely overpriced and filled with vacuous ***** on Christmas Day.

Originally Posted by BEVS
I wanna come to your gaff Christmas Day.
Please do.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 6:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Easy. The Eloquent Elephant are doing it with all the trimmings for 795 or 895 or something for 6 people.

I can walk there, have a pint with everyone, collect the food and walk home.

Thanks for help everyone.