Codeine in the UAE

Old Apr 27th 2009, 2:45 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Codeine in the UAE

Am I right in thinking that codeine is banned in the UAE? Been asked to take back Tylenol from the US for a mate and am pretty sure that, being codeine based, Ill be in trouble if caught.

Anyone help out?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Codeine in the UAE

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Am I right in thinking that codeine is banned in the UAE? Been asked to take back Tylenol from the US for a mate and am pretty sure that, being codeine based, Ill be in trouble if caught.

Anyone help out?
Codeine!!! Are you kidding??? Mate, I wouldn't be bringing in no Tylenol if I were you!!!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.dubai.ae/en.portal?topic,...pageLabel=home
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:06 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi
Codeine!!! Are you kidding??? Mate, I wouldn't be bringing in no Tylenol if I were you!!!
but you can buy it here? I got some for Mitten when she were a baby? are you sure it isn't paracetamol based?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

I always used tyleonol when I was in Dubai and it was available over the counter. Maybe the rules have changed ? You'd have to be pretty unlucky to get caught - we travel with restricted drugs and often forget the prescription and doctors letter - never been stopped. Altho there is always a first time . . . .

N
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
but you can buy it here? I got some for Mitten when she were a baby? are you sure it isn't paracetamol based?
Tylenol the brand name for paracetamol in the US...it does not contain codeine. Codeine is a controlled substance in the US...you cannot buy it at the pharmacy. Codeine can only be obtained via a doctor's prescription in the US...even then only small amounts are given.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 27th 2009 at 3:36 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:15 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Tylenol the brand name for paracetamol in the US...it does not contain codeine. Codeine is a controlled substance in the US...you cannot buy it at the pharmacy. It can only be obtained via a doctor's prescription...even then only small amounts are given.
thought I was going mad! was just going to ring the Pharmacy to find out if it is available here, I can do that tomorrow if you want me to doublecheck TGF?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:38 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

'when she were a baby'?

What's going on here then?

Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:45 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Spugsy
'when she were a baby'?

http://primetime.unrealitytv.co.uk/w...ion-street.jpg
I was watching corra when I posted
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:46 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

thought I was going mad! was just going to ring the Pharmacy to find out if it is available here, I can do that tomorrow if you want me to doublecheck TGF?
Thanks all.. Ill check the packet when I get to Walmart and check the ingredients. Was sure that Tylenol had codeiine but I may be pleasantly surprised...
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Thanks all.. Ill check the packet when I get to Walmart and check the ingredients. Was sure that Tylenol had codeiine but I may be pleasantly surprised...
You will see the active ingredient is acetaminophen. Acetaminophen is the North American name for paracetamol. If you're in the US it will be cheaper for you to buy acetaminophen rather than the brand name Tylenol.

Some Tylenol brands have added active ingredients ie for colds, flu, migraine etc...but non will contain codeine.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 27th 2009 at 4:00 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Jerseygirl;7519295]You will see the active ingredient is acetaminophen. Acetaminophen is the North American name for paracetamol. If you're in the US it will be cheaper for you to buy acetaminophen rather than the brand name Tylenol.

Without doubt codeine is a no no in UAE. A few years back some brit woman in jail with her prescribed codeine, but she was a bit wild at airport also!!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:17 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I thought this was another thread about some has been crappy band coming to play in the UAE. Good name for a grunge band though.

As you were!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

'when she were a baby'?

I say, I say I am only a back street butcher....
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

'when she were a baby'?

now that's not nice, he's dead...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.