Clifford has gone.

Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:11 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clifford has gone.

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
That's a first for you.
I know...I just find it very hard to deal with you when you are in a mood like that...
Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
As someone who flies to all kinds of weird and wonderful places on an almost weekly basis, I can tell you that applies to travel to anywhere in India, Pakistan, A.N. Arab country.

You can guarantee

1, There will be a queue four deep
2, Every four minutes someone will walk to the front and try to check in
3, There will be a look of surprise as they get told that the 17 cases they have put them over the weight limit.

From therein the procedures differs slightly (ie - Indians will walk around asking if other people will check their luggage in. Khaleejis will use Wasta to get their luggage on the plane without paying extra - and I've watched someone get 100kg of excess baggage through with no charge.)

7 times out of 10 you get whole families just sitting where they want to, and arguments starting as the rightful owners of the seats turn up.
And that's just the shuttle buses...
Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
I know...I just find it very hard to deal with you when you are in a mood like that...
Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:13 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
As someone who flies to all kinds of weird and wonderful places on an almost weekly basis, I can tell you that applies to travel to anywhere in India, Pakistan, A.N. Arab country.

You can guarantee

1, There will be a queue four deep
2, Every four minutes someone will walk to the front and try to check in
3, There will be a look of surprise as they get told that the 17 cases they have put them over the weight limit.

From therein the procedures differs slightly (ie - Indians will walk around asking if other people will check their luggage in. Khaleejis will use Wasta to get their luggage on the plane without paying extra - and I've watched someone get 100kg of excess baggage through with no charge.)

7 times out of 10 you get whole families just sitting where they want to, and arguments starting as the rightful owners of the seats turn up.
There were 2 formal queues, but the odd cheeky twat would try and squeeze between them. Tempers were getting frayed. Children were wailing. Then when we finally got to the front we had to lighten the two cases by 3kg each.

I'm going business class when I go back in a few weeks. 5k is more than worth it for the lack of hassle.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:14 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
You make me larf. Arf. Arf.

Mata, I'm sorry. I just miss my wife and kids.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You're unbelievably kind...
Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:19 pm
W10

There were 2 formal queues, but the odd cheeky twat would try and squeeze between them. Tempers were getting frayed. Children were wailing. Then when we finally got to the front we had to lighten the two cases by 3kg each.

I'm going business class when I go back in a few weeks. 5k is more than worth it for the lack of hassle.
Sana'a airport was hillarious, the queue was 5 wide for one counter, people then ended up jumping over the counter to attack the manager when they announced they'd oversold the flight by 20%. Previously mentioned woman getting 100kg off excess on the plane and when on the plane, realising they'd allocated more boarding passes than seats...oh and I, told an Emirati to go **** himself when he tried to push in when I was checking in (if only you could do that here)!!

Damn fcking straight about biz class. If you're flying Qatar then you get to use their biz terminal, which is awesome.

Last edited by W10; Jul 1st 2007 at 1:21 pm.

Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:20 pm
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by Confucius
You're unbelievably kind...
Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:21 pm
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by W10
Sana'a airport was hillarious, the queue was 5 wide for one counter, people then ended up jumping over the counter to attack the manager when they announced they'd oversold the flight by 20%. Previously mentioned woman getting 100kg off excess on the plane and when on the plane, realising they'd allocated more boarding passes than seats!!

Damn fcking straight - If you're flying Qatar then you get to use their biz terminal, which is awesome.
That I am. Do you disembark to that terminal when you arrive from Dubai?
Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:24 pm
W10

Yes - the bus goes to the main terminal first, then to the premium (well it did with me)

It's pure relaxation, the way flying should be

Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:25 pm
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by W10
Yes - the bus goes to the main terminal first, then to the premium (well it did with me)

It's pure relaxation, the way flying should be
I'll probably only get 10 minutes in there. My Manchester flight is 90 minutes after the Dubai one lands. If it's on time, that is.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:26 pm
W10

no time for a massage or a sauna then...

Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:26 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

no need to be sorry....and that's the whole point, nothing any of us say can take that feeling of missing away from you...
Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:37 pm
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by MataHari
no need to be sorry....and that's the whole point, nothing any of us say can take that feeling of missing away from you...
Apart from "All the ME ladies are coming round to your place tonight wearing stockings and suspenders". Perhaps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.