Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Classic British TV Series

Classic British TV Series

Old May 23rd 2010, 6:03 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Classic British TV Series

Whilst thinking about my favourite films, it occurred to me how many great British TV series we used to watch in our younger days at home with our parents. Some that spring to mind include the following;

Till Death Us Do Part
The Avengers
Fawlty Towers
Taggart
Steptoe and Son
The Champions
Some Mothers Do Have Em
Inspector Morse
The Darling Buds of May
Shoestring
Only Fools and Horses
The Professionals
Dr.Who
Black Adder
The Good Life
Dads Army
Man About The House
Bergerac
Last of the Summer Wine
Poirot
The Likely Lads
Wycliffe

What was that one with Wendy Craig as your typical mum trying to raise a family?
Any others spring to mind?

Last edited by lionheart; May 23rd 2010 at 6:06 am.
Old May 23rd 2010, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Classic British TV Series

Originally Posted by lionheart
What was that one with Wendy Craig as your typical mum trying to raise a family?
Butterflies
Old May 23rd 2010, 6:30 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

How could you possibly have left out 'Are You Being Served?'.......
Old May 23rd 2010, 6:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Butterflies
Not that one. Butterflies was more about married life rather than about kids. It was "And Mother Makes Three", having cheated by looking it up on the internet. As for the omission of "Are You Being Served", you will see that I also left out "Please Sir" and "On The Buses", simply personal preference. Perhaps "To The Manor Born" should have been included.

Last edited by lionheart; May 23rd 2010 at 6:36 am.
Old May 23rd 2010, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

and

The Sweeney
On the Buses
Love thy Neighbour
Old May 23rd 2010, 6:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
and

The Sweeney
On the Buses
Love thy Neighbour
Yes, I couldn't remember the name of "The Sweeney", definitely a British classic. How about "Lovejoy"?
Old May 23rd 2010, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Not that one. Butterflies was more about married life rather than about kids. It was "And Mother Makes Three", having cheated by looking it up on the internet. As for the omission of "Are You Being Served", you will see that I also left out "Please Sir" and "On The Buses", simply personal preference. Perhaps "To The Manor Born" should have been included.
bit before my time that

used to enjoy the Comic Strip Series - Mr Jolly Lives Next Door, Funseekers and The Yob being three of my faves

oh and I love the reruns of Allo Allo
Old May 23rd 2010, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm currently downloading 'In sickness and in Health'

fantastic.
Old May 23rd 2010, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

oh I loved Please Sir. What was the name of the series that Terry Venables wrote.... Oh and Widows and Prime Suspect
Old May 23rd 2010, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

oh god brings memories back, a lot of these programs i wasn't allowed to watch, my mam was quite old fashioned, she thought Pans People and Hot Gossip were sinful, I used to watch through the crack of the lounge door from the stairs. Or i would arrange a sleep over at one of my friends so i could watch.
Old May 23rd 2010, 7:25 am
Account Closed

oh I loved Please Sir. What was the name of the series that Terry Venables wrote....
Do you mean "Hazell"?
Old May 23rd 2010, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Do you mean "Hazell"?
lol thats it
Old May 23rd 2010, 8:17 am
Account Closed

lol thats it
But did you know that Nicholas Ball was once married to Pamela Stephenson, until she met and ran off with Billy Connolly? Not alot of people know that.

Another classic comedy series...The Young Ones.
Old May 23rd 2010, 8:40 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Sutherland's Law
Budgie
Dr Finlay's Casebook
Callan
Ivanhoe
Robin Hood
Old May 23rd 2010, 8:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MacScot
Sutherland's Law
Budgie
Dr Finlay's Casebook
Callan
Ivanhoe
Robin Hood
Father Ted?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.