Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Character reference- Scamp help please

Character reference- Scamp help please

Old May 6th 2013, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Character reference- Scamp help please

Hi All, namely Scamp,

I have been asked to give a character reference for an ex colleague/friend. Whilst I have given references in the past I haven't been asked to do just a character reference before, what should I be putting in this?

Cheers

KC
Old May 6th 2013, 9:30 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Character reference- Scamp help please

From Google Flowerpot:-

To Whom it May Concern:

I have had the pleasure of knowing Kittycat1 for eight years. During the years of our acquaintance, I have known Kitty in many capacities. She has been my Mother's Maid since the birth of my first child five years ago. Her responsibilities in that capacity have grown with the activity level of a now pre-schooler, and the addition of another child, now a toddler.

She has also been my underwear model, and assisted me with the many tasks required to run a thoroughbred breeding facility. She has spent several summers working in the sweatshop, as well as time during non-paid for vacations, after work, and weekends.

Kitty is an intelligent, capable, dedicated, and personable young bird. She is always quick on her feet, with sensible reactions in all the circumstances I've seen her in. I feel confident in saying that she is capable of handling any situation with thoughtfulness and maturity, and she has a great set of norks.

Kix
Old May 6th 2013, 9:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi All, namely Scamp,

I have been asked to give a character reference for an ex colleague/friend. Whilst I have given references in the past I haven't been asked to do just a character reference before, what should I be putting in this?

Cheers

KC
Pretty much what Kix put.

Google example ones and just bastardise the lot.

Say they are lovely if they are, say they are a tyrant if they are.
Old May 6th 2013, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

give something as bland and factual as possible would be my advice.
Old May 6th 2013, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Damn them with faint praise. Who asks for a character reference nowadays ?
Old May 6th 2013, 9:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by scot47
Damn them with faint praise. Who asks for a character reference nowadays ?
I had to have one for something. Can't remember what. Might have been to get added as a minor to a shotgun license?

That's the only thing I can think of.
Old May 6th 2013, 9:55 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

It to anyone who has a concern

Bertie Thunderpocket

I am willing to know him most, to provide character references personal hang up my butt or people.

I had the pleasure to know Bertie several years, undinting, he aristocracy always straight until now vigorously are ready to provide fast and in order to help to display the characteristics of a gentleman always at that time. House, without being flashy Zu man, he was in charge you do not control it, and go out generous, flambouyant, without separation without secret.

To know many of his fellow, I am a woman and man - embraced in terms of them. In order to find the time and the other idle activities of joy one some of my Bertie, of his colleagues, relax always tying to mop up the mess after, there have been cases when our stone occurs .

There is doubt that it is an asset like any stick of Anaheim and organization, I'll make sure the success of the investment he is what I started.

[Genuine output from a fairly silly character reference wot I wrote, then ran through Google Translate, first to Korean, then from Korean to Japanese, then back to English from Japanese.]