Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Channel 4 on demand - VPN or remote IP needed?

Channel 4 on demand - VPN or remote IP needed?

Old Dec 25th 2007, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

lofty1 has a spectacular aura aboutlofty1 has a spectacular aura aboutlofty1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Channel 4 on demand - VPN or remote IP needed?

Hi all

I have downloaded the channel four internet TV software 4oD. It will not allow me to watch streaming TV or download as it can see i'm not in the UK. What do i need to do to get round this? Do i need to get a VPN sorted or can i use a remote IP address (in the Uk obviously) to get round it?

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 26th 2007, 4:26 am
Camel Spotting

Bubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud of
Default Re: Channel 4 on demand - VPN or remote IP needed?

Originally Posted by lofty1
Hi all

I have downloaded the channel four internet TV software 4oD. It will not allow me to watch streaming TV or download as it can see i'm not in the UK. What do i need to do to get round this? Do i need to get a VPN sorted or can i use a remote IP address (in the Uk obviously) to get round it?

Thanks in advance
You will need to get a UK Ip address, VPN would be the best way to do that. If you find a company that supplies a UK one let me know cos all the ones I have found are either US or German.

Good luck
Old Dec 26th 2007, 4:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bubbauk
You will need to get a UK Ip address, VPN would be the best way to do that. If you find a company that supplies a UK one let me know cos all the ones I have found are either US or German.

Good luck
also try uknova.com to download british tv. you might have to keep trying and trying to register though as they limit the numbers of new members
Old Dec 26th 2007, 4:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

proxy that is UK based, but for the bandwidth needed, most free ones will be utterly shite...your best off as mentioned and doing the torrents