Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

chamas rest at Inter Cont Abu Dhabi

chamas rest at Inter Cont Abu Dhabi

Old Jun 14th 2009, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default chamas rest at Inter Cont Abu Dhabi

Anyone been there lately? Any comments, Thanks
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all
Default Re: chamas rest at Inter Cont Abu Dhabi

Not recently - got a bit expensive. House wine was 180 a bottle and that was a while ago now.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkhead
Not recently - got a bit expensive. House wine was 180 a bottle and that was a while ago now.
FH, 180 for house wine.

Where else is good for a group with a bit of atmosphere, was looking at Chamas as its got a band, any ideas HH?
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Trouble with groups is that so many places try to insist on a set menu and/or deposit....
Somewhere with a bit of atmosphere...that is actually not easy. Leftbank? Though I must admit I've not eaten there of an evening and is prob also expensive. Traders? Not a personal fave but always good for the old cocktails and does also have a band. There're some restaurants at the new one to one hotel. I went to the Asian which was hit and miss to say the least but decent Chilean sauvignon blanc was only 60dhs!! Yes, 60!! The steak restaurant is supposed to be good there.
What kind of group is it - mates/work...?
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Trouble with groups is that so many places try to insist on a set menu and/or deposit....
Somewhere with a bit of atmosphere...that is actually not easy. Leftbank? Though I must admit I've not eaten there of an evening and is prob also expensive. Traders? Not a personal fave but always good for the old cocktails and does also have a band. There're some restaurants at the new one to one hotel. I went to the Asian which was hit and miss to say the least but decent Chilean sauvignon blanc was only 60dhs!! Yes, 60!! The steak restaurant is supposed to be good there.
What kind of group is it - mates/work...?
18 year olds, lads and lasses, oh and a few oldies as they like to call us.
Needs to be a restaurant rather than a bar set up due to their age.

Traders might be an idea, although its too bleeding dark in there.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambu? Cheap & cheerful but should keep everyone happy (as long as nobody needs to use the loo).
The Noodle House at Shangri La?
Old Jun 14th 2009, 5:18 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahaha I was in bambu on Fri night. WTF are the toilets all about..YEUCK!!
I love the 3 rollers parked by the pool..
Food was alright though..No MSG which is a rarity here.and as much bitburger as I would stomach.

Apparenty that one2one brunch you can chose food from any of the 3 restuarants..

Grace, what about the meat company out by the Souq?
Old Jun 15th 2009, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Went to the meat co once here - wouldn't go back!!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 6:35 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Went to the meat co once here - wouldn't go back!!
really? i have not been to the one here...

whats wrong (apart from the prices)
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Well yeah exactly - it was really expensive. But on top of that, the steaks were crap and the service terrible. So I wouldn't be rushing back.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by commander
Hahahaha I was in bambu on Fri night. WTF are the toilets all about..YEUCK!!
I love the 3 rollers parked by the pool..
Food was alright though..No MSG which is a rarity here.and as much bitburger as I would stomach.

Apparenty that one2one brunch you can chose food from any of the 3 restuarants..

Grace, what about the meat company out by the Souq?
I like the meat company I go there for lunch quite a bit, its a bit far, the teens all live in AD
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:25 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

What about Vista at The Club?
Always had good purvey there and it's a lovely setting/atmosphere
Used to have music on the beach dependant on which night-....
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:30 pm
banned

Originally Posted by Eva
What about Vista at The Club?
Always had good purvey there and it's a lovely setting/atmosphere
Used to have music on the beach dependant on which night-....
yea, its nice and there are a few bars also for a post meal drink
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:32 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
yea, its nice and there are a few bars also for a post meal drink
Can you still hire the Dhow Commander? Used to be able to for small dinner parties......
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:42 pm
banned

Originally Posted by Eva
Can you still hire the Dhow Commander? Used to be able to for small dinner parties......
believe so, but im a bit sceptical of the safety of these things...Just my opinion..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.