Celebrate!

Old Sep 12th 2011, 1:31 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Celebrate!

If there's anybody out there who a) writes the drivel that is most radio ads, and b) reads this drivel too, you need a bloody good slapping.

Three consecutive ads on the radio this morning told me to celebrate: First, who will I celebrate the Yas Island F1 with? Second, I should celebrate a new brand of washing powder (or something). Third, I should celebrate Caltex's new lubricant.

Are you off your ****ing rockers? I celebrate my kids' birthdays, Murdoch getting pied, Man U stuffing Arsenal, Thursdays, each morning that I wake up still alive, and—just occasionally—having the wisdom to know the difference between the things I can change and those I can't, and then accepting those I can't and having the courage to change those I can.

But celebrate a new frigging washing powder? Go bollox yourselves.

Last edited by Bahtatboy; Sep 12th 2011 at 1:33 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Elmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud of
Default Re: Celebrate!

You may want to use the lubricant on the ad writers in ways not intended by the ad by the sound of it
Old Sep 12th 2011, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elmer Fudd
You may want to use the lubricant on the ad writers in ways not intended by the ad by the sound of it
I'm sure that Caltex's new lubricant will assist in placing a car radio up an appropriate orifice!
Old Sep 13th 2011, 4:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

The radio adverts here are appalling.

In fact, worse than that, the fat ****ing idiot that presents 104.4 (i think, don't know what station it is) had a blinder this morning.

They were talking about Miss Universe and Miss Angola won it. He then went through the following train of thought;

Angola?
Where's Angola?
Angola, where is that?
(get's told by the British bloke it's in Africa somewhere)
Oh right, I don't know about Angola
What do you call someone from there? An Angolian?
When I get food from Mongolia they are Mongolian so I assume that people from Angolia (yes, he changes the name of the country) are Angolian.

The worst bit is that the female co-presenter agrees with his logic and changing the name of the country.

Jesus.****ing.christ.
Old Sep 13th 2011, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

'Avail yourself of......" is far too overused in adverts here.

In fact I don't think the word 'avail' is ever used in the Western world?

'The needful' is frequently used here at work too, I often use it here just for a laugh (I find it amusing anyway, no-one else notices the joke).
Old Sep 13th 2011, 12:50 pm
Mary Poppins 4evah!

Umbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really nice

Oh....

I thought this was going to be a Kool 'N The Gang thread....

U.
Old Sep 13th 2011, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Here is confirmation of a point made in an earlier post, namely that a beautiful African lady has become the first Miss Universe from her continent for thirteen years. A story and image for Dean and Lionheart to smile about.
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...crown/1?csp=hf
Old Sep 13th 2011, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Elmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Umbrella
Oh....

I thought this was going to be a Kool 'N The Gang thread....

U.
I thought this was the umbrella ella ella thread?
Old Sep 13th 2011, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland

'The needful' is frequently used here at work too, I often use it here just for a laugh (I find it amusing anyway, no-one else notices the joke).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do_the_needful and http://query.nytimes.com/search/site...&more=date_all

I happen to love hearing that phrase. Not only does it bring a smile to my face, it also gives absolutely no direction to a person who, most likely, needs absolute explicit direction and instruction. In fact, I find watching two people communicate in pigeon English extremely fascinating.

I particularly like the office boy at work who doesn't understand a bloody word I say (although we often have a good chat about the girls in Ahlan) and needs translation (in pigeon English) from the other office boy.

The comedy writes itself.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do_the_needful and http://query.nytimes.com/search/site...&more=date_all

I happen to love hearing that phrase. Not only does it bring a smile to my face, it also gives absolutely no direction to a person who, most likely, needs absolute explicit direction and instruction. In fact, I find watching two people communicate in pigeon English extremely fascinating.

I particularly like the office boy at work who doesn't understand a bloody word I say (although we often have a good chat about the girls in Ahlan) and needs translation (in pigeon English) from the other office boy.

The comedy writes itself.
Another phrase I like here is "and what is your good name?". I always feel like telling them my bad name instead.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

I always smile at the casual/formal combination of "Hi, Sir"
Old Sep 14th 2011, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
'Avail yourself of......" is far too overused in adverts here.
That's definitely the worst one though...
Old Sep 15th 2011, 5:05 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
If there's anybody out there who a) writes the drivel that is most radio ads, and b) reads this drivel too, you need a bloody good slapping.

Three consecutive ads on the radio this morning told me to celebrate: First, who will I celebrate the Yas Island F1 with? Second, I should celebrate a new brand of washing powder (or something). Third, I should celebrate Caltex's new lubricant.

Are you off your ****ing rockers? I celebrate my kids' birthdays, Murdoch getting pied, Man U stuffing Arsenal, Thursdays, each morning that I wake up still alive, and—just occasionally—having the wisdom to know the difference between the things I can change and those I can't, and then accepting those I can't and having the courage to change those I can.

But celebrate a new frigging washing powder? Go bollox yourselves.
Celebrate turning off the radio like I do...

N.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 7:02 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk

N.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 7:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Norm_uk

N.
True. I am ever so pleased I remembered my Jamie T. collection.