Car Re-Reg

Old Mar 5th 2015, 11:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Car Re-Reg

Afternoon all,

Quick one - various different sites saying different things...

Barsha testing centre, there's the RTA one and Tasjeel - what's the difference please?

Also, are either / both open on a Friday can anyone confirm?

Going to do it myself this year, why not eh.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Re-Reg

Originally Posted by Scamp
Afternoon all,

Quick one - various different sites saying different things...

Barsha testing centre, there's the RTA one and Tasjeel - what's the difference please?

Also, are either / both open on a Friday can anyone confirm?

Going to do it myself this year, why not eh.
RTA is a government facility
Tasjeel is a private facility subcontracted by the government
Costs are the same

Tasjeel Barsha is 24 hours, 7 days a week. Apart from 12-2 on a Friday if I recall correctly. And yes, I got there at 12.05 on a Friday. (Friday morning it is empty, it's batshit mental in the afternoon)
Old Mar 5th 2015, 11:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
RTA is a government facility
Tasjeel is a private facility subcontracted by the government
Costs are the same

Tasjeel Barsha is 24 hours, 7 days a week. Apart from 12-2 on a Friday if I recall correctly. And yes, I got there at 12.05 on a Friday. (Friday morning it is empty, it's batshit mental in the afternoon)
I should have just emailed you. Thanks mate.

I'm thinking 0730/0800 on Saturday morning will be nice and quiet?

Last time I did this it was a ****ing nightmare: test, fine. Inside to pay for it - won't take card. Go to ATM inside - not working. ATM outside - working, great. Put card in, select money, wait for card to come out. It does, but by the width of a hair. It sucks it back in, it tries again. It comes out slightly further but not enough to get any purchase on it. Swallowed.

Waited an hour for the mrs to arrive with cash. Go in, pretty ****ed off, to pay - this idiot says I can pay by card. As they were in dishdash I resisted the urge to ape shit. Since then I've got the insurers to do it, but think I might need new tyres because these are two years old.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Pay for the VIP service. Drop car, sit in waiting room, car gets parked outside, pay money, go, mafi stress, mafi jinglies. Mafi mushkla
Old Mar 5th 2015, 7:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Pay for the VIP service. Drop car, sit in waiting room, car gets parked outside, pay money, go, mafi stress, mafi jinglies. Mafi mushkla
Thanks chap. Assume that's Tasjeel and I just say I want that when i turn up?
Old Mar 6th 2015, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks chap. Assume that's Tasjeel and I just say I want that when i turn up?
That's it scamp
Old Mar 6th 2015, 4:03 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Tasjeel in Al Barsha Mall, always quiet so no need for VIP service. Usually in and out in 20 minutes. Rock up to the testing guys, they give you a ticket. Go upstairs and wait for the number to be called. Pay the guy and get your certificate. Take a ticket for the next guy (or just sit at his desk if there is no queue) pay the guy and get the paperwork. Go to the bottom give the guy your paperwork and he gives you the registration card and sticker.
Old Mar 6th 2015, 4:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mikewot
Tasjeel in Al Barsha Mall, always quiet so no need for VIP service. Usually in and out in 20 minutes. Rock up to the testing guys, they give you a ticket. Go upstairs and wait for the number to be called. Pay the guy and get your certificate. Take a ticket for the next guy (or just sit at his desk if there is no queue) pay the guy and get the paperwork. Go to the bottom give the guy your paperwork and he gives you the registration card and sticker.
Barsha Mall?
Old Mar 6th 2015, 4:17 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Barsha Mall?
Yeah, behind MoE inland a bit.
If you are on the road that takes you past the Ramada Chelsea hotel and continue on past the brand new mosque on the left and Emirates NDB on the right Al Barsha mall is right in front of you. Almost always quiet except after 1pm Friday and 10Dhm for car wash.

Last edited by mikewot; Mar 6th 2015 at 4:19 am.
Old Mar 6th 2015, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

double check the terms and conditions of your insurance matey, I'm with RSA and AXA for mine and they'll pick it up from my office and drop it off again afterwards for nowt (well technically it'll be why it was a couple 100dibs more than Oman Insurance). They'll take it once for free, if there's a problem the second one is chargeable. I think you have to settle the fees for it, but you don't need to go yourself.
Old Mar 6th 2015, 6:31 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
double check the terms and conditions of your insurance matey, I'm with RSA and AXA for mine and they'll pick it up from my office and drop it off again afterwards for nowt (well technically it'll be why it was a couple 100dibs more than Oman Insurance). They'll take it once for free, if there's a problem the second one is chargeable. I think you have to settle the fees for it, but you don't need to go yourself.
Ditto - we used AXA for our insurance and not once in seven years in Dubai did we need to get the re-registration done ourselves. Wish it worked that way here in Muscat 😠
Old Mar 8th 2015, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

It’s been a while, but the need for quick and reliable information has drawn me back as I’m tackling a car registration for the first time, joy.

Can I re-register a Sharjah plated car in Dubai? Seems to be conflicting information about this, I think I can...

Should/can I re-register during the 13th month of the insurance, or renew the insurance first and lose the 13th month?

Do I register when the registration expires or when the insurance expires?

I’m being life-taxed hard from a number of angles at the moment so any help would be much appreciated.
Old Mar 8th 2015, 8:45 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
It’s been a while, but the need for quick and reliable information has drawn me back as I’m tackling a car registration for the first time, joy.

Can I re-register a Sharjah plated car in Dubai? Seems to be conflicting information about this, I think I can... no, youd need to export it from sharjah and re import it into dubai technically. that said who the **** knows, a good blag and it may happen but i doubt it.

Should/can I re-register during the 13th month of the insurance, or renew the insurance first and lose the 13th month?the 13 is a months grace free, cant register without 12 months insurance thats registered on the rta system so insure 1st.

Do I register when the registration expires or when the insurance expires? either but you need 12 months insurance registered with the rta to re register the car at all

I’m being life-taxed hard from a number of angles at the moment so any help would be much appreciated.
go to any of the places, pay for vip, dodge the ques and you'll be done in 30 mins or less
Old Mar 8th 2015, 8:49 am
Account Closed

The 13 months is a bit of a red herring. They say it is to give you a one month Grace period to renew the registration. However you need the 12 months insurance to renew and if you drive without renewing you will get fined.
Old Mar 8th 2015, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
The 13 months is a bit of a red herring. They say it is to give you a one month Grace period to renew the registration. However you need the 12 months insurance to renew and if you drive without renewing you will get fined.
but you can re-register the car every 13months. The RTA fine is 10dh per month of delay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.