Buying a barbecue

Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:36 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Buying a barbecue

Ok,

where's a good place to buy one? Can anyone recommend any particular one which is good, or...

should I just look at dubizzle or somewhere and get one from someone who is going home?

Also, mrs spugsy wants one with the gas, but to me that's not a bbq, it's just a bloody cooker outside, surely you need the coals to get the proper flavour?

What do we say ****ers?

Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:44 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a barbecue

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Ok,

where's a good place to buy one? Can anyone recommend any particular one which is good, or...

should I just look at dubizzle or somewhere and get one from someone who is going home?

Also, mrs spugsy wants one with the gas, but to me that's not a bbq, it's just a bloody cooker outside, surely you need the coals to get the proper flavour?

What do we say ****ers?

there are plenty leaving, I would buy secondhand and then give it a good clean before using. I am with Mrs Spugsy, I would prefer gas too
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:46 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Ok,

What do we say ****ers?

Bought a gas one several years ago and it's been great. Done all sorts on it from usual bangers, hamburgers and hot dogs to roast turkey, leg of lamb and 4kg sirloin. Works really well and consistently.

However, I want BBQ now, gonna built one in the corner of the garden. I really miss the smell of the coals, the cursing getting the fewking thing to light and the burnt fingers moving the coals to one side, aaah BBQ.

However, however, I'm waiting till the middle of summer when they are selling ddiddley squat to buy one jus in time for the new season. That's cause I'm tighter than a ducks arse!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:48 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
there are plenty leaving, I would buy secondhand and then give it a good clean before using. I am with Mrs Spugsy, I would prefer gas too
I brought mine over from the states, and I am with you, Spugs.. I use mine mostly with coals and mesquite chips, but have had the smoker on a couple of times.. Just have to make sure the neighbours dont have washing on the line...lol
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:37 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Ok,

What do we say ****ers?

We used to have a proper one, Weber from Ace. I always said I'd never bother with a gas one.

Then moved to apartment and got a gas one, far better (OK not quite the same taste, but much easier to clean).

The best selection of gas ones I could find was in Carrefour.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:44 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
We used to have a proper one, Weber from Ace. I always said I'd never bother with a gas one.

Then moved to apartment and got a gas one, far better (OK not quite the same taste, but much easier to clean).

The best selection of gas ones I could find was in Carrefour.
great, cheers all.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:10 pm
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

Ok,

What do we say ****ers?

why don't you please both parties, get a great gas one for Mrs Spugsy and for you get the disposable tray ones to cook your stuff on????
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:17 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

great, cheers all.
PM me an invite
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:26 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
PM me an invite
I used to do these lovely swordfish in a lime and vodka marinade skewers back home, mmmm!
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:29 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

I used to do these lovely swordfish in a lime and vodka marinade skewers back home, mmmm!
Sounds just the ticket, take it your meetings finished and your feeling better
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:37 pm
Concierge

aye that'll do nicely
Old Apr 28th 2009, 1:17 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by rowell
Sounds just the ticket, take it your meetings finished and your feeling better
had a big burger and a nice cup of tea and feeling canny, got a footy match at 9pm mind you,

uuurgh.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 1:27 pm
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

You've got to get charcoal - its the only real bbq.

Prawns in lemon and garlic butter still in the shell and butternut scored and marinated in chilli oil and of course borewors and mint lamb chops. I'm so hungry now!
Old Apr 28th 2009, 1:28 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
You've got to get charcoal - its the only real bbq.

Prawns in lemon and garlic butter still in the shell and butternut scored and marinated in chilli oil and of course borewors and mint lamb chops. I'm so hungry now!
I think Spugsy better hurry up and get this BBQ
Old Apr 28th 2009, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, come on Spugs - invite us all round!

I've got a gas barbecue and I have to say, I much prefer the coal ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.