Supermarkets

Old Nov 5th 2017, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of
Default Supermarkets

We’re in the UK at the moment and after going to Asda and Morrisons it’s just showed me how crap Dubai supermarkets are.
It’s not just because of the booze and pork but the availability of other stuff is mind blowing.
I know there’s obviously no language barrier (even though we’re staying in Immingam lol) but to be able to ask for something and to be told exactly where it is is amazing.
This all sounds OTT but this is the first time we’ve been here since 2013 so we’re used to buying something from Park n Shop then going the week after to find it’s not there anymore or asking if they’ve got such and such to be met with a blank face which is a major pain in the arse.
Anyway, we’ve bought some beef Space Raiders, Roysters T Bone crisps and two jars of potted dog to bring back. Just need to find Scampi Fries and Cheese Moments.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 2:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supermarkets

Originally Posted by Made in Sheffield 1
We’re in the UK at the moment and after going to Asda and Morrisons it’s just showed me how crap Dubai supermarkets are.
It’s not just because of the booze and pork but the availability of other stuff is mind blowing.
I know there’s obviously no language barrier (even though we’re staying in Immingam lol) but to be able to ask for something and to be told exactly where it is is amazing.
This all sounds OTT but this is the first time we’ve been here since 2013 so we’re used to buying something from Park n Shop then going the week after to find it’s not there anymore or asking if they’ve got such and such to be met with a blank face which is a major pain in the arse.
Anyway, we’ve bought some beef Space Raiders, Roysters T Bone crisps and two jars of potted dog to bring back. Just need to find Scampi Fries and Cheese Moments.
You shop like a ten year old with a five pound note.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Millhouse
You shop like a ten year old with a five pound note.
I didn’t look for the pick n mix. I bought two scratch cards though.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 3:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I'd rather walk around every aisle four times before asking for help in a supermarket, regardless of the country...
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:16 am
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Was making some soup and had a hard time in Lulu asking where the Barley was. I suspect they thought I was meaning the island.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fossildog
Was making some soup and had a hard time in Lulu asking where the Barley was. I suspect they thought I was meaning the island.
It's what internet access on a phone is for. You show pictures.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Spinneys / "Waitrose" aren't bad. They're not as comprehensive as UK supermarkets but you do get most of what you need. You just need to pay well over the odds.

Never been impressed by Park and Shop.

What I missed the most from the UK were tasty produce and good quality chicken.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Made in Sheffield 1
you are so right...I usually shop in Spinneys and the number of times an item is there one week and then not available the following week, is frustrating to say the least....and then you have to wait a good couple of weeks (if not more) until the item is back in stock.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Spinneys / "Waitrose" aren't bad. They're not as comprehensive as UK supermarkets but you do get most of what you need. You just need to pay well over the odds.

Never been impressed by Park and Shop.

What I missed the most from the UK were tasty produce and good quality chicken.
Park n Shop is actually OK for the fresh cut up produce
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mission
Park n Shop is actually OK for the fresh cut up produce
Agree on that...also their pork section is epic.

It's the hardest one to come out having not spent a fortune though...
Old Nov 6th 2017, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

you are so right...I usually shop in Spinneys and the number of times an item is there one week and then not available the following week, is frustrating to say the least....and then you have to wait a good couple of weeks (if not more) until the item is back in stock.
There is a Zoom at the bottom of my office building. I go in and buy the same crisps every morning. They ran out. Started buying a different brand. They ran out. Moved onto brand 3. They ran out..... went postal!

Why are crisps in this country so ******* SHITE?
Old Nov 6th 2017, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jam25mack
There is a Zoom at the bottom of my office building. I go in and buy the same crisps every morning. They ran out. Started buying a different brand. They ran out. Moved onto brand 3. They ran out..... went postal!

Why are crisps in this country so ******* SHITE?
i only ever buy Walkers...i don't like Lays at all
Old Nov 6th 2017, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

i only ever buy Walkers...i don't like Lays at all
what's the difference? Same company / manufacturing process I think?
Old Nov 6th 2017, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Brains1983
the flavour is just totally different, not to mention Lays are way more oily
Old Nov 6th 2017, 10:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Brains1983
About 5-6dhs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.