Reload this Page >

Burj Al Arab Dining or Drinks

Burj Al Arab Dining or Drinks

Old Dec 10th 2008, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

alexalexa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Burj Al Arab Dining or Drinks

Hi,

I have a guest in town and want to go dining or for drinks in Burj Al Arab. They have quite a few bars, restaurants, afternoon tea. Since I don't plan to go there every day I wanted to know how the different places are and how much they cost (some are buffet)? Thanks for your answers. Cheers!
Old Dec 10th 2008, 1:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Burj Al Arab Dining or Drinks

http://www.burj-al-arab.com/special_...dining_offers/
Old Dec 10th 2008, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alexalexa
Hi,

I have a guest in town and want to go dining or for drinks in Burj Al Arab. They have quite a few bars, restaurants, afternoon tea. Since I don't plan to go there every day I wanted to know how the different places are and how much they cost (some are buffet)? Thanks for your answers. Cheers!
i really wouldn't bother going for dinner...it's totally overpriced for what it is. afternoon tea is ok, pricey, but you get a glass of bubbly and unlimited sandwiches and cakes etc. i'd book for the skyview bar and go for cocktails, you can then get a buggy to the madinat, get an abra from there, and go somewhere to eat...guests love that...

you need to book though, even just to go for a drink...

MM, xx
Old Dec 10th 2008, 2:02 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Was there with guests a few weeks ago, in the skybar, we never booked?? We just drove up and was dropped off at the front door.

Totally loved the golf buggy to mina a'salam, then the abra to the main madinat
Old Dec 10th 2008, 2:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Was there with guests a few weeks ago, in the skybar, we never booked?? We just drove up and was dropped off at the front door.

that's odd, you don't normally get through the front security unless you have your name on the list or a gold card...mind you, someone told me they only have 40% occupancy over christmas and new year, so maybe they are relaxing the rules...??

MM, xx
Old Dec 10th 2008, 4:05 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander

An abra???.Commander, you don't have your own vessel???
Old Dec 11th 2008, 2:58 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Have been for afternoon tea and evening meal in the rooftop restaurant, afternoon tea is pricey but very enjoyable and as someone said it is one of those things visitors want and must do. The evening meal was vey good but although I didn't pay as it was a gift from work, it was expensive and certainly would not go back as far as value for money goes, the drinks vary between expensive and extortionate but the bar was surprisingly busy . The roof top bar for me is a cross between a glorified burger bar and a night club, the decor is just so dated, the interior designer wants shooting.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 4:47 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
that's odd, you don't normally get through the front security unless you have your name on the list or a gold card...mind you, someone told me they only have 40% occupancy over christmas and new year, so maybe they are relaxing the rules...??

MM, xx
we went to the one and only royal mirage about a week ago and the barman there told me they had 25% occupancy.

25%, jesus.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Spugsy
we went to the one and only royal mirage about a week ago and the barman there told me they had 25% occupancy.

25%, jesus.
yeah, seems like that across the board, the fairmont is apparently 20%, it's dead in there at the mo...

MM, xx
Old Dec 11th 2008, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy

25%, jesus.
Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
yeah, seems like that across the board, the fairmont is apparently 20%, it's dead in there at the mo...

MM, xx

And yet they still keep their prices high...
Old Dec 11th 2008, 2:36 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
And yet they still keep their prices high...
I know wouldn't you think they would throw some special offers out to the residents of Dubai
Old Dec 11th 2008, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I know wouldn't you think they would throw some special offers out to the residents of Dubai
The sad truth is, that they realise that an empty room brings in much profit than a discounted room...
Old Dec 11th 2008, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

alexalexa is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for all the replies :-)
Old Dec 11th 2008, 7:22 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alexalexa
Hi,

it is over priced rubbish - save your money for something better