Bulimia

Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bulimia

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Not all entertaining costs would go directly through his ministry. I disagree that the salary is very good. It isn't considering the hours, stress etc associated with it. Yes, it's good if the alternative is an accountancy or similar office-based job. And it's fabulous if the alternative was as a ship-yard labourer or similar.
its a bloody good salary for someone who was a steward on a cruise ship!

he's had a very cushy life having his expenses paid by trade Union members and then the taxpayers!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

I drink alcohol until I am sick, does that make me a bulimic too?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:55 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chris79
I'm with you on this one bud,
Another sick publicity stunt I dare say. Fat tw at.
Bulimia doesn't necessarily make you lose weight. You can be fat and bulimic at the same time. Bulimics are likely to suffer from bad skin, rotting teeth, stomach problems and bad breath because of the acid in the vomit. But it's unlikely that they will lose weight unless they develop anorexia as well (which is more common), which means that they go without food for ages prior to binging and purging every now and again. Eating disorders often orginate from stress as it is a way to excercise control over something when you feel like you're losing control elsewhere. A lot of men have it, but it's not publicised due to age old stereotyping that if you're an anorexic bulimic you must be a teenage girl.

It might be a publicity stunt, but if it raises awareness of this problem among men, then maybe its a good thing...
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Not all entertaining costs would go directly through his ministry. I disagree that the salary is very good. It isn't considering the hours, stress etc associated with it. Yes, it's good if the alternative is an accountancy or similar office-based job. And it's fabulous if the alternative was as a ship-yard labourer or similar.
as Deputy Prime Minister he was earning 127K a year.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:04 am
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
as Deputy Prime Minister he was earning 127K a year.
I wouldn't do that job for such a measly sum
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Bulimia doesn't necessarily make you lose weight. You can be fat and bulimic at the same time. Bulimics are likely to suffer from bad skin, rotting teeth, stomach problems and bad breath because of the acid in the vomit. But it's unlikely that they will lose weight unless they develop anorexia as well (which is more common), which means that they go without food for ages prior to binging and purging every now and again. Eating disorders often orginate from stress as it is a way to excercise control over something when you feel like you're losing control elsewhere. A lot of men have it, but it's not publicised due to age old stereotyping that if you're an anorexic bulimic you must be a teenage girl.

It might be a publicity stunt, but if it raises awareness of this problem among men, then maybe its a good thing...
Okay, I agree with you on the last sentence. Still not sure about the other stuff though. And I suppose I shouldn't really pass too much comment on the subject. I'm lucky to not know anyone or have come in contact with anyone suffering from bulimia
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Slingshot
I wouldn't do that job for such a measly sum
I WOULD!
Get paid to go to meetings, have someone sort 99% of the things out for you, turn up for the occasional opening of a stuff. Get the majority of your expenses paid for etc etc I could go on!
He shouldn't be getting paid anywhere near as much or he should be donating some of it to people that need it. Maybe he should donate some to the Bulimic research charity?!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by benzonar
I drink alcohol until I am sick, does that make me a bulimic too?
Ditto! But before the 'pure people' get on our back. I know it's not big and clever but it feels gd at the time! AND the drink gets it's own back on us in the morning with the hangover from hell!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:17 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, I agree with you on the last sentence. Still not sure about the other stuff though. And I suppose I shouldn't really pass too much comment on the subject. I'm lucky to not know anyone or have come in contact with anyone suffering from bulimia
You're definitely very lucky then, because I have come across it a lot in the "creative world". I guess women are more aware of and knowledgeable on the subject because the publicity is targeted at us through magazines, the internet, tv, newspapers etc as it such a hot topic with the whole "size 0" debate. Whereas men are increasingly suffering from both bulimia and anorexia due to rising society pressure but it just doesn't get publicised. Sorry, communications is my job, can you tell?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
You're definitely very lucky then, because I have come across it a lot in the "creative world". I guess women are more aware of and knowledgeable on the subject because the publicity is targeted at us through magazines, the internet, tv, newspapers etc as it such a hot topic with the whole "size 0" debate. Whereas men are increasingly suffering from both bulimia and anorexia due to rising society pressure but it just doesn't get publicised. Sorry, communications is my job, can you tell?
Yeah,
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:19 am
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

I WOULD!
Get paid to go to meetings, have someone sort 99% of the things out for you, turn up for the occasional opening of a stuff. Get the majority of your expenses paid for etc etc I could go on!
I can tick all those boxes and more and I don't have to please millions of people
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Slingshot
I can tick all those boxes and more and I don't have to please millions of people
Lucky you!
He trys to please millions of people and fails the majority of the time!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky you!
He trys to please millions of people and fails the majority of the time!
what like Darren Day?!!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
what like Darren Day?!!
Not heard anything from him for ages! Wasn't he doing joseph and his coat thing?!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Not heard anything from him for ages! Wasn't he doing joseph and his coat thing?!
what..with his clothes on?!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.