Brexit Update

Old Oct 20th 2016, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brexit Update

Enough with the US presidential election.

So what do you think is going to happen? What are your predictions?

Mine: negotiations break down primarily over freedom of movement (EU will not accept any limits, UK will not accept full FOM, partly because of ongoing migrant crisis), UK ends up going for a hard Brexit with a couple quickie trade treaties with Canada/US/Japan/Australia going on simultaneously.

EU citizens in Britain will NOT be given permanent residency but temporary residency (because I have a feeling that in the negotiations the EU will end up refusing to guarantee residency for UK nationals).

Your thoughts?
Old Oct 20th 2016, 6:31 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Update

EU will collapse when the Deutsche Bank has no money and quits wall street.

Germany accepts millions of refugees, and from now on will be called Germanistan.

Everyone who voted for Brexit will move to Aus or Canada, and we will be replaced by Browns, Jews and refugees.

The lefties never get a back bone, the country falls apart and asks how did it happen.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

One more: Conservatives win 45+% of the vote in 2019/2020, giving them 400+ seats out of 600 in a reformed Parliament. Labour has around 125.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 6:39 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
One more: Conservatives win 45+% of the vote in 2019/2020, giving them 400+ seats out of 600 in a reformed Parliament. Labour has around 125.
I think they'll get a fair % of 4million odd UKIPers back as well
Old Oct 20th 2016, 7:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Do you reckon Conservative support will be dictated by the success of Brexit negotiations or more that there is literally no credible alternative?
Old Oct 20th 2016, 7:16 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

EU is a sinking ship and has been for years, but that doesn't mean that a hard brexit will be easy nor does it mean the EU will cease to exist. Believing so is naive. Force them to change drastically it might however and if it does hopefully into a more sustainable model.

I agree with DXBtoDOH on freedom of movement. This will affect me, but I'm sure I can deal with getting a visa and if I can be arsed (this time around) getting my UK passport.

I also reckon effort will be put into implementing a freezone covering parts of London.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 7:29 am
Banned

Originally Posted by norsk
E This will affect me, but I'm sure I can deal with getting a visa and if I can be arsed (this time around) getting my UK passport.
Under what pretext do you deserve a British passport?
Old Oct 20th 2016, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

There is no credible alternative.

Also - don't underestimate the message sent out by TM. The "new" Tory party is a different beast under her - at least that's the direction she's pushing it towards - and one much more attuned to the great central bloc of British voters regardless of Brexit.

The people who will vote Tory will be much more understanding and forgiving of the Brexit outcome, whatever it may be. Those who will never forgive May for Brexit (whatever the outcomes) are mostly those who will never ever vote for her regardless of the circumstances. Even for the right wing Europhiles, what are they going to do? Vote for Corbyn? Who himself has never shown great enthusiasm for the EU and Labour cannot risk campaigning on returning to the EU without destroying the party in the process.

Too many people, particularly on the left, underestimate how unpopular or indifferent towards the EU the majority of Brits were, even among many remainers who voted out of economic fears. As long as May is seen as doing the best she can during the negotiations, and the perception is that the EU is utterly and completely unwilling to compromise on anything that also respects Brexit, she will not be penalised for the final outcome. If anything, it will stiffen resolve against the EU.

Originally Posted by Scamp
Do you reckon Conservative support will be dictated by the success of Brexit negotiations or more that there is literally no credible alternative?
Old Oct 20th 2016, 7:39 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iggle
Under what pretext do you deserve a British passport?
I could ask you the same question buddy...

If you must know I qualified years ago, but didn't take it up as my Norwegian one was just as good and still is for the time being. My wife and kids are all British..
Old Oct 20th 2016, 7:44 am
Banned

I could ask you the same question buddy...

If you must know I qualified years ago, but didn't take it up as my Norwegian one was just as good and still is for the time being. My wife and kids are all British..
Born and bred British, nor would i take up a 2nd nationality because it suits me.

Wife and Kids being British does not mean you qualify for a passport (rules have changed), and since your living aboard you will most likely of lost your British Residency. On the limited information you've just given me you won't be able to get a British Passport.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 7:48 am
Banned

Also with all the rules changes (even some one as omniscient as me, don't know) i'd take the assumption it won't go in your favour. Maybe the only saving grace is you might have an NI number so you could come here as EU citizen working in UK and then claim residency after 5 years.

Even then you'll never be British, just a passport holder like the rest
Old Oct 20th 2016, 7:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

There is no credible alternative.

Also - don't underestimate the message sent out by TM. The "new" Tory party is a different beast under her - at least that's the direction she's pushing it towards - and one much more attuned to the great central bloc of British voters regardless of Brexit.

The people who will vote Tory will be much more understanding and forgiving of the Brexit outcome, whatever it may be. Those who will never forgive May for Brexit (whatever the outcomes) are mostly those who will never ever vote for her regardless of the circumstances. Even for the right wing Europhiles, what are they going to do? Vote for Corbyn? Who himself has never shown great enthusiasm for the EU and Labour cannot risk campaigning on returning to the EU without destroying the party in the process.

Too many people, particularly on the left, underestimate how unpopular or indifferent towards the EU the majority of Brits were, even among many remainers who voted out of economic fears. As long as May is seen as doing the best she can during the negotiations, and the perception is that the EU is utterly and completely unwilling to compromise on anything that also respects Brexit, she will not be penalised for the final outcome. If anything, it will stiffen resolve against the EU.
Interesting. I agree about credible alternative. It used to be that most Conservative voters would slide to UKIP only if quite far right of centre or particularly anti-EU.

I've never, ever heard mass debate about the EU and it's effectiveness from the majority of the population. It gets knocked occasionally by the tabloids but my Mum never whined about it until the referendum, then it's become the devil incarnate. Still, at least it got people talking.

TM could come out of this very, very well indeed. I already find her completely palatable, she seems very intelligent and confident. I never disliked Cameron, I feel the shit levied at him to be pointless. Similarly, she could come out in worlds of trouble, but I don't think that will be the case.

Born and bred British, nor would i take up a 2nd nationality because it suits me.

Wife and Kids being British does not mean you qualify for a passport (rules have changed), and since your living aboard you will most likely of lost your British Residency. On the limited information you've just given me you won't be able to get a British Passport.
Lol. Iggle - CEO of UK Border Control, Immigration Services and Passporting Authority.

*Shudders*
Old Oct 20th 2016, 7:55 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Even then you'll never be British, just a passport holder like the rest
I don't think you get the point keyboard-warrior dumbass. I don't WANT a british passport or citizenship. I want to be able to live with my family. And yes I obviously have NI.

Like I said I haven't looked into the rules so they may have changed, but I don't care. The passport is not a requirement for me..
Old Oct 20th 2016, 7:56 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Scamp

Lol. Iggle - CEO of UK Border Control, Immigration Services and Passporting Authority.

*Shudders*
tried to get the Lithuanian a British passport, near impossible. Even tho she's lived there over 5 years

My view on immigration is this.

If you are degree educated and can contribute, (like Norksy) come in
If you look like emily ratajkowski, come in
If your Ajesh's housewife from Islamabad, thank you but no thanks.

Last edited by iggle; Oct 20th 2016 at 7:59 am.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 7:58 am
Banned

I don't think you get the point keyboard-warrior dumbass. I don't WANT a british passport or citizenship. I want to be able to live with my family. And yes I obviously have NI.

Like I said I haven't looked into the rules so they may have changed, but I don't care. The passport is not a requirement for me..
Im just trolling, trying to see if you'll bite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.