Brexit Negotiations

Old Sep 14th 2017, 10:27 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Negotiations

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
And the same to you
And I mean it!

But deary me...the Express? Come on. The Mail's shriller sister. Have you seen the stuff on their website? Conspiracy nut stuff everywhere. They have an unhealthy obsession with the weather and Diana and try their best to scare the shite out of their OAP readership.

As for JRM...the Hon member for the 18th Century...a man whose Christian values don't extend to helping the poor and needy.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 10:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Because its true, just read any serious uk newspaper [no not the sun or the guardian.] if you cant see that you are either highly politically motivated or blind to it.

Did you not see the press coverage at the time about the level of this misinformation? For a few weeks before the vote it was as though fake news had suddenly become the norm for government.

Ps - plenty of descriptions in the times but you have to have my subs to read them, heres the indie - but dyor - just google it. Brexit: Project Fear had reason on its side, but anti-experts caught public mood | The Independent
What's always made me laugh is the remain campaign pointing out that there might be economic (for example) damage to the UK by leaving the EU. Which there might very well be....the pound tanked and hasn't recovered and we haven't even left yet....so where are the lies in predictions that can't be proved either way yet?

However.

350m to the NHS?
Bananas can be straight again?
Heaps of bullshit fear-mongering about the EU and lies about what it does and doesn't control and how leaving we will be 'taking back control' which we might not actually be able to.

See?
Easy to spin these things either way.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 10:55 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
What's always made me laugh is the remain campaign pointing out that there might be economic (for example) damage to the UK by leaving the EU. Which there might very well be....the pound tanked and hasn't recovered and we haven't even left yet....so where are the lies in predictions that can't be proved either way yet?

However.

350m to the NHS?
Bananas can be straight again?
Heaps of bullshit fear-mongering about the EU and lies about what it does and doesn't control and how leaving we will be 'taking back control' which we might not actually be able to.

See?
Easy to spin these things either way.
That was what was in my dot above before I deleted it all. I said it was just going round and round in circles but can't bloody help myself by biting on another issue!

Where's Meow these days anyway?
Old Sep 14th 2017, 11:07 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Because its true, just read any serious uk newspaper
That's a classic fudge of a response - keep it vague and hope that people take you at your word. Come on, give specific cites.

if you cant see that you are either highly politically motivated or blind to it
Politically motivated and blind - a perfect encapsulation of Leavers, there

Ps - plenty of descriptions in the times but you have to have my subs to read them, heres the indie - but dyor - just google it. Brexit: Project Fear had reason on its side, but anti-experts caught public mood | The Independent
Did you actually bother reading the article in that link? It does not say that Remain lied. It actually says that Remain "had reason on its side" (it's even in the headline and the URL!), but that the 37% of the electorate who voted to leave weren't interested in listening to reason. Which calls back to what I said earlier - Leave voters preferred to believe the myths and lies rather than the truth.

You're talking in tabloid cliches and quoting the Express, the newspaper that's even more delusionally pro-Brexit than the Mail and was even more in the vanguard of Leave's own Project Fear than the Mail was, reaching its nadir just before the vote when the front page basically said that if the UK voted to remain on Thursday, Turkey would be admitted to the EU on Friday and all 75 million Turks would be on their way to the UK on Saturday to take everybody's jobs.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 11:14 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
That was what was in my dot above before I deleted it all. I said it was just going round and round in circles but can't bloody help myself by biting on another issue!

You're manning the barricades dutifully and comfortably seeing off all the Brexit brigands. I'm sure reinforcements will be along soon. Anyway, the Brexiteers are firing blanks - albeit getting louder and louder presumably to drown out the sound of the crumbling of their fantastical edifice.

The reality is that the EU has already moved on and dealing with Brexit is a sideshow, while in the UK it is the all-consuming obsession.

This article sums it up well - and it's based on fact rather than just opinion so might be difficult for some to comprehend.
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...in-eu-european
Old Sep 14th 2017, 11:18 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

350m to the NHS?
It was £350m a week, let's not forget that non-trivial little detail.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 11:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by littlejimmy

I wish I hadn't bothered.

Saw her at the weekend. Will let her know about the upcoming meet.
Bit far for you to join though!

Originally Posted by Eeyore
It was £350m a week, let's not forget that non-trivial little detail.
My mistake. £350 a week to the NHS.
I can't wait for this to start, will be excellent. My Granny wouldn't have had to pay for her knee replacement to get it done this millennium.
Especially excited because they've all stood by it as fact and didn't swerve it the morning after the vote.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Arnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to behold

It's easier to invent villains rather than tackle actual opponents head on. That way you have full control over the narrative. "Snowflakes" and "Libtards" but one minor example.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 12:11 pm
Excess Baggage

I wish I hadn't bothered.

Saw her at the weekend. Will let her know about the upcoming meet.
Bit far for you to join though!
Well maybe this one, but who knows in future...
Old Sep 15th 2017, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

The way I sum it all up is this way........It was like a great big piss up, there we all were singing Jerusalem and waving our flags because we were getting our borders back yeeeeee top up my beer!!!!

Next day hangover...what the **ck did we do last night...well we basically told the people that buy over 40% of our goods and services to piss off, and we might have a bit of apologising to do!!
Old Sep 15th 2017, 11:03 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

There is a statistic that says the internet weighs about the same as a strawberry. Well brexit has made it grow visibly! :-)
Old Sep 15th 2017, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Will I still be able to get a more powerful Hoover?
Old Sep 15th 2017, 1:14 pm

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Will I still be able to get a more powerful Hoover?
Yes once we leave the eu.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 1:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yes once we leave the eu.
My polish housekeeper didn't see the positives for some reason.

I'm sure the Indian replacement will like it though.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse
My polish housekeeper didn't see the positives for some reason.

I'm sure the Indian replacement will like it though.
The devices efficiency is a big factor rather than brute horsepower [ford mustang vs bmw m3] - i would recommend a dyson, they do work well, even the rechargeable ones are good, the technologies are real, just a bit pricey. Read about helmholtz cavity use - as found in dyson vacuums and aircraft jet engines...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.