Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Middle East / The Sand Pit

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Sep 13th 2017, 10:30 pm   #196
I still dont believe it..
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: 12 degrees north
Posts: 1,277
uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Negotiations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
What's interesting is how the "Project Fear" tag became attached exclusively to the Remain side. Why is that? Leave didn't only promise an easy Brexit that would shower us all with unicorns and gold, it actively tried to scare people with lies about what would happen if we didn't leave the EU.
You have to understand, in govt project fear was a real actual project persued with lies innuendo and half truths in really a scandalous way for politicians in power to behave. The brexit stuff was later and not an official policy - but an attempt at a fightback.

I feel that In other jurisdictions there would be a case to take these liars in power to court but not in the uk.
__________________
Just over 64.3% of statistics are made up, the rest are lies.
uk_grenada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 5:05 am   #197
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 18,714
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Negotiations

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_grenada View Post
You have to understand, in govt project fear was a real actual project persued with lies innuendo and half truths in really a scandalous way for politicians in power to behave. The brexit stuff was later and not an official policy - but an attempt at a fightback.

I feel that In other jurisdictions there would be a case to take these liars in power to court but not in the uk.
What you have just posted is such rubbish it's offensive.

Why do you bother? Do you really believe this garbage?
__________________
"When you ain't got no money, you gotta get an attitude" - Richard Pryor.
Scamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 8:33 am   #198
Gold-Helmeted Member
 
captainflack's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Setubal-ish
Posts: 526
captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Negotiations

I guess project fear got to be a thing because remain was inevitably suggesting things that *might* happen in the future, rather than trying to claim things that already were. The lies on the other side were primarily to do with whipping up low skilled, poorly educated people because those were the core demographic needed to get the vote in. Hence the focus on £350m for the NHS, suggestions that the country was swamped with immigrants, that they were taking jobs from UK citizens, etc.

Low skilled people are always going to earn sh1t money. That's a fact of life. It's not because of immigrants, it's because they have no skills as a result of being lazy and having a poor attitude at school, spending most time bunking off and wandering the streets in shell-suits vandalizing things and smoking. The reason EU workers are taking unskilled jobs in London, is because these lazy, useless people complaining there are no jobs in their sh1thole former mining village in Wales won't get on a train and go move to London, because they think it's the state's job to provide them a high paid job at the end of their street, because they are British.

Far from kicking immigrants out, we'd be far better off figuring out a way to offload the useless, lazy members of the UK population, and top up our gene pool with hardworking people who are not scared of hard work, and quickly learn the language and fit in. Especially the hot girls from eastern and southern Europe.
captainflack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 8:42 am   #199
Eeyore 
Soupy twist
Premium Member
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,251
Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Negotiations

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_grenada View Post
You have to understand, in govt project fear was a real actual project persued with lies innuendo and half truths in really a scandalous way for politicians in power to behave
So what semi-literate extensively-tattooed "we want are cuntry back" social media hellhole did you learn that particular piece of bullshit from?

And if you want real lies, innuendo and half-truths, look no further than the Leave campaign and the preceding decades of drip-drip-drip anti-EU mythologising.
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 8:59 am   #200
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,710
Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Negotiations

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainflack View Post
Far from kicking immigrants out, we'd be far better off figuring out a way to offload the useless, lazy members of the UK population, and top up our gene pool with hardworking people who are not scared of hard work, and quickly learn the language and fit in. Especially the hot girls from eastern and southern Europe.
Brains1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 9:06 am   #201
Excess Baggage
Premium Member
 
littlejimmy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: In between a wok and a hard plaice
Posts: 5,162
littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Negotiations

Project Fear (or Better Together) worked for the UK in the Scottish Independence Referendum. I find it interesting that many who voted against Scottish Independence voted to leave the EU. Yes, I'm opening that can of wurrums.
littlejimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 9:16 am   #202
BE Forum Addict
 
IKnowNothing's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
Location: Abu Dhabi via Barcelona
Posts: 1,148
IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Negotiations

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejimmy View Post
Project Fear (or Better Together) worked for the UK in the Scottish Independence Referendum. I find it interesting that many who voted against Scottish Independence voted to leave the EU. Yes, I'm opening that can of wurrums.
It's because the vast majority of scots are:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainflack View Post
It's not because of immigrants, it's because they have no skills as a result of being lazy and having a poor attitude at school, spending most time bunking off and wandering the streets in shell-suits vandalizing things and smoking.
And Buckfast. Obviously.
__________________
.
"If you're sat in Grimsby with 3 screaming kids and a wife on Prozac on a soaking wet Monday, Saudi Arabia will seem like [email protected]@@ing Barbados".
IKnowNothing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 9:19 am   #203
I still dont believe it..
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: 12 degrees north
Posts: 1,277
uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Negotiations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
What you have just posted is such rubbish it's offensive.

Why do you bother? Do you really believe this garbage?
Because its true, just read any serious uk newspaper [no not the sun or the guardian.] if you cant see that you are either highly politically motivated or blind to it.

Did you not see the press coverage at the time about the level of this misinformation? For a few weeks before the vote it was as though fake news had suddenly become the norm for government.

Ps - plenty of descriptions in the times but you have to have my subs to read them, heres the indie - but dyor - just google it. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7101841.html
__________________
Just over 64.3% of statistics are made up, the rest are lies.

Last edited by uk_grenada; Sep 14th 2017 at 9:25 am.
uk_grenada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 9:42 am   #204
Excess Baggage
Premium Member
 
littlejimmy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: In between a wok and a hard plaice
Posts: 5,162
littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Negotiations

.

Last edited by littlejimmy; Sep 14th 2017 at 9:49 am. Reason: Going round and round in circles.
littlejimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 9:51 am   #205
I still dont believe it..
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: 12 degrees north
Posts: 1,277
uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Negotiations

Interesting

Juncker will NEVER understand Brexit! Jacob Rees-Mogg slams EU chief after major speech | Politics | News | Express.co.uk
__________________
Just over 64.3% of statistics are made up, the rest are lies.
uk_grenada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 9:52 am   #206
I still dont believe it..
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: 12 degrees north
Posts: 1,277
uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Negotiations

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejimmy View Post
.
And the same to you
__________________
Just over 64.3% of statistics are made up, the rest are lies.
uk_grenada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 9:55 am   #207
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,930
DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Negotiations

Anyone listen to Juncker's recent speech on the EU? He called for a directly elected EU president and a EU fiscal minister among other things.

It's pretty obvious that the EU is hellbent on one thing and one thing only: much closer integration and transfer of more and more powers from the states to the EU itself. Is that something you all want? Just wondering....

The one thing many remainers continue to ignore is that voting remain was not voting for the status quo, because there is no status quo with the EU.
DXBtoDOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 9:57 am   #208
I still dont believe it..
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: 12 degrees north
Posts: 1,277
uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Negotiations

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH View Post
Anyone listen to Juncker's recent speech on the EU? He called for a directly elected EU president and a EU fiscal minister among other things.

It's pretty obvious that the EU is hellbent on one thing and one thing only: much closer integration and transfer of more and more powers from the states to the EU itself. Is that something you all want? Just wondering....

The one thing many remainers continue to ignore is that voting remain was not voting for the status quo, because there is no status quo with the EU.
See link above...
__________________
Just over 64.3% of statistics are made up, the rest are lies.
uk_grenada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 10:02 am   #209
...we killed the flame
 
Miss Ann Thrope's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Location: Dubai
Posts: 633
Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Negotiations

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH View Post
Anyone listen to Juncker's recent speech on the EU? He called for a directly elected EU president and a EU fiscal minister among other things.

It's pretty obvious that the EU is hellbent on one thing and one thing only: much closer integration and transfer of more and more powers from the states to the EU itself. Is that something you all want? Just wondering....

The one thing many remainers continue to ignore is that voting remain was not voting for the status quo, because there is no status quo with the EU.
Well by that definition there is no status quo for anything as the world keeps changing. But to bite on your straw man (while noting that that mixed metaphor sounds like something you might have seen in the dodgier bits of Berlin), any such changes would require the approval of all members so if the UK didn't agree it could have stopped it.
Miss Ann Thrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 10:25 am   #210
I still dont believe it..
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: 12 degrees north
Posts: 1,277
uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Negotiations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope View Post
Well by that definition there is no status quo for anything as the world keeps changing. But to bite on your straw man (while noting that that mixed metaphor sounds like something you might have seen in the dodgier bits of Berlin), any such changes would require the approval of all members so if the UK didn't agree it could have stopped it.
At this point why would britain care about this, british mep's are hurriedly trying to get back into uk politics or find a further gravy train in the commission. I do like the way that involving the electorate or even mep's is avoided in these plans, so democratic.
__________________
Just over 64.3% of statistics are made up, the rest are lies.
uk_grenada is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Middle East / The Sand Pit


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 2:09 pm.


Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com