Reload this Page >

Boat Trailer Manufacturers

Boat Trailer Manufacturers

Old Oct 4th 2008, 1:13 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Boat Trailer Manufacturers

I have a 34' sportsfishing boat, lying in the Oman side of Dibba, the time has come for it to be moved and for the to be hull refurbished etc., so my question is does anyone know of any boat trailer manufacturers? It weighs 6 tonne so I don't want some "we do welding sir" operation. I've tried yellow pages and the like but I'm not getting anywhere.

Anyone help?
Old Oct 4th 2008, 1:19 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boat Trailer Manufacturers

Originally Posted by Kix
I have a 34' sportsfishing boat, lying in the Oman side of Dibba, the time has come for it to be moved and for the to be hull refurbished etc., so my question is does anyone know of any boat trailer manufacturers? It weighs 6 tonne so I don't want some "we do welding sir" operation. I've tried yellow pages and the like but I'm not getting anywhere.

Anyone help?
Have you tried speaking to Keith at DOSC? he can probably give you an idea of where to look.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 1:19 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix

Anyone help?
Usually boat repair yards have their own array of boat trailers or know where to get access to one. I'd try some of the boat repair yards in Oman.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 1:25 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Roadking
Have you tried speaking to Keith at DOSC? he can probably give you an idea of where to look.
I haven't but I'll give him a shout, Thanks
Originally Posted by MacScot
Usually boat repair yards have their own array of boat trailers or know where to get access to one. I'd try some of the boat repair yards in Oman.
I tried that and they weren't forthcoming, it must be they want to keep their suppliers secret!
As I mentioned its some 6 tonne so I want to ensure it's a decent bit of kit.

Thanks again
Old Oct 4th 2008, 2:00 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
I haven't but I'll give him a shout, Thanks

I tried that and they weren't forthcoming, it must be they want to keep their suppliers secret!
As I mentioned its some 6 tonne so I want to ensure it's a decent bit of kit.

Thanks again
You could try the Capital Area Yacht Club - 24 737712... they may know where to hire a 6-tonne capacity trailer. A googlemap view of the Yacht Club looks as though they have a boat lift and laydown area for hull cleaning and anti-foul painting. Though it is a fair trip from Dibba.

Otherwise you might have to hire a trailer from the boat repairers in Dubai or Sharjah.

Some of the larger boats (up to 45 feet) for sale in Muscat have been transported to Dubai on trailers, so heavy load 6-wheel trailers are around.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried around the Gulf Craft area in Ajman?
Are you looking to buy or simply move your boat from Dibba to Dubai?
Old Oct 5th 2008, 5:52 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Vimto
Have you tried around the Gulf Craft area in Ajman?
Are you looking to buy or simply move your boat from Dibba to Dubai?
No, I own it, I need to do some work on the hull after a small accident, also, while it's out I'll get the engines seen to too, it's a pain having to do anything when you need to ferry everything to it in a small inflatable, so a decent trailer's a worthwhile investment.

I'll have a looksy up in Ajman. Thanks