blood tests?

Old Aug 9th 2009, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

mart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nice
Default blood tests?

Hello all

Was led to beleive I need blood test in Qatar upon arrival, but now employee says this is only for work permits and not visas. Is this true? What are the differences between a work permit and a visa please
Old Aug 9th 2009, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of
Default Re: blood tests?

Originally Posted by mart1000
Hello all

Was led to beleive I need blood test in Qatar upon arrival, but now employee says this is only for work permits and not visas. Is this true? What are the differences between a work permit and a visa please
A visa, as in an entry visa, allows to get into the country but not to work there. I was in Qatar last week and I did not have to do any test. However, if you are planning to work there and your employer will provide you with a residence visa/work permit, you will need a blood test.

cheers,
Old Aug 9th 2009, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

mart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nice
Default Re: blood tests?

Originally Posted by klaus3974
A visa, as in an entry visa, allows to get into the country but not to work there. I was in Qatar last week and I did not have to do any test. However, if you are planning to work there and your employer will provide you with a residence visa/work permit, you will need a blood test.

cheers,
mmm yes thats what I thought, the visa has all been setup by employer - I will be there for maybe 1 year, but the guy there and he is an senior arab project manager working in saudi, dubai and qatar says no blod test required