Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Bliar who knows everything ...

The Bliar who knows everything ...

Old Sep 9th 2011, 10:48 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Bliar who knows everything ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Al-Qaeda.html

Quote:

Turning to the situation in Syria and the Arab Spring he said that the revolutions had shown that there is a thirst for democracy and freedom.

He said that President Bashar Assad has shown he cannot take Syria through the process of change and must give up power and is unable to invoke reforms.

Mr Blair stopped short of suggesting Libya-style military intervention in the country but implored the international community to 'do everything it can now to hasten that'.

He said: 'His position is untenable. I was saying even two or three months ago, if he genuinely showed that he was prepared to lead a process of reform, then I would give him the chance to make the evolution work.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1XUuGGIXw

Unquote

But quote again:

He said: 'His position is untenable. I was saying even two or three months ago, if he genuinely showed that he was prepared to lead a process of reform, then I would give him the chance to make the evolution work.'

Unquote

Note the phrase, "then I would give him the chance to make the evolution work."

Break this down even further, "then I would" etc etc.

" I " ?
Old Sep 10th 2011, 5:41 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Bliar who knows everything ...

Originally Posted by hnd
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Al-Qaeda.html

Quote:

Turning to the situation in Syria and the Arab Spring he said that the revolutions had shown that there is a thirst for democracy and freedom.

He said that President Bashar Assad has shown he cannot take Syria through the process of change and must give up power and is unable to invoke reforms.

Mr Blair stopped short of suggesting Libya-style military intervention in the country but implored the international community to 'do everything it can now to hasten that'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1XUuGGIXw

Unquote

But quote again:

Unquote

Note the phrase, "then I would give him the chance to make the evolution work."

Break this down even further, "then I would" etc etc.

" I " ?
He doesn't represent anyone anymore. He's speaking from a personal viewpoint.

And bear in mind, the reporter will have asked what HE would do. So 'I' is the natural answer to that.