Big Gate

Old Sep 4th 2012, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Big Gate

I love this sort of thing.

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...-for-president
Old Sep 4th 2012, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Gate

Only in Abu Dhabi!

What about the worlds biggest off licence, cant they build that?
Old Sep 5th 2012, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal

What about the worlds biggest off licence, cant they build that?
The one in Um Al Quain must be close. Biggest booze shop I've ever been in
Old Sep 5th 2012, 4:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by saudiflares
The one in Um Al Quain must be close. Biggest booze shop I've ever been in
Tell me more about this...
Old Sep 5th 2012, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Tell me more about this...
The Barracuda...well worth a visit but be careful if tracking back through Sharjah
Old Sep 5th 2012, 4:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by saudiflares
The Barracuda...well worth a visit but be careful if tracking back through Sharjah
Sorry, didn't realise they were one and the same. Not been though. Got a license so not feeling the need to go to Barracuda.

Might go though just to stock up and see it.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 7:00 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, didn't realise they were one and the same. Not been though. Got a license so not feeling the need to go to Barracuda.

Might go though just to stock up and see it.
Much cheaper and much better selection than the Dubai rip-off shops (worst being Dubai Duty Free)...
Old Sep 5th 2012, 7:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Much cheaper and much better selection than the Dubai rip-off shops (worst being Dubai Duty Free)...
Are you kidding me?

A litre of Captain Morgan's rum (alright it's not my fave but it's good) for 8 quid in Duty Free.

That's a steal.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 7:23 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you kidding me?

A litre of Captain Morgan's rum (alright it's not my fave but it's good) for 8 quid in Duty Free.

That's a steal.
QR128 here for that. Even in QDC (Our booze shop) its expensive.

Last night cost QR1500, Guinness is QR264 for a case, Savannah Dry is QR199

Still Its better than QR50 a can of Guinness in the Rotana
Old Sep 5th 2012, 7:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britexpat76
QR128 here for that. Even in QDC (Our booze shop) its expensive.

Last night cost QR1500, Guinness is QR264 for a case, Savannah Dry is QR199

Still Its better than QR50 a can of Guinness in the Rotana
**** a duck. I refuse to go to Yacht Club anymore after I found out Guinness was 42 dibs a pint.

Savannah Dry is a great shout. Might go hunting for that.

I usually buy a crate of whatever is on offer....normally Heineken and a few bottles of London Pride.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 7:27 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

**** a duck. I refuse to go to Yacht Club anymore after I found out Guinness was 42 dibs a pint.

Savannah Dry is a great shout. Might go hunting for that.

I usually buy a crate of whatever is on offer....normally Heineken and a few bottles of London Pride.
They never have offers here either. The best Value is the Dry Wine, 5 litres for QR120 so I just drink that by the pint instead.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 7:29 am
Account Closed

They never have offers here either. The best Value is the Dry Wine, 5 litres for QR120 so I just drink that by the pint instead.
Ever thought about becoming a full time alcoholic?
Old Sep 5th 2012, 7:33 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you kidding me?

That's a steal.
Must be a loss leader. DDF prices in general, not just for booze, are a rip-off. Certainly all the wine I have compared is far more expensive there.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 7:35 am
Shark Fisherman

Ever thought about becoming a full time alcoholic?
Work gets in the way unfortunately and the fact I can only last about 3 days on the beer and I need a day off.

And to be a proper alcoholic you need to be able to down a bottle of spirit for breakfast. If I did that I would have a scrap then fall asleep for the rest of the day.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 7:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Must be a loss leader. DDF prices in general, not just for booze, are a rip-off. Certainly all the wine I have compared is far more expensive there.
Hmm, I don't buy wine at DDF, only if I've done a day trip to Qatar or something, then I get a couple of bottles of red and just take the hit.

Work gets in the way unfortunately and the fact I can only last about 3 days on the beer and I need a day off.

And to be a proper alcoholic you need to be able to down a bottle of spirit for breakfast. If I did that I would have a scrap then fall asleep for the rest of the day.
Scrap with yourself?

I bet you, the first pint, that you can't down 3 pints for breakfast one day.

PS: Love the fact a thread about a giant gate turned into a booze discussion at post #2.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.