Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Beach Road and Al Wasl one way system

Beach Road and Al Wasl one way system

Old Jan 19th 2016, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold
Default Beach Road and Al Wasl one way system

April comes early One-way plan for Dubai's Al Wasl Road and Jumeriah Beach Road | GulfNews.com
Old Jan 20th 2016, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beach Road and Al Wasl one way system

What an absolute shit shower that is going to be. Let's face it Dubai has made some crass decisions in it's time but this one takes the biscuit as far as I'm concerned.

Still rents should drop in Jumeriah and Um Seq as you won't be able to get moved.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 3:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Saw this on Meow's facebook, assumed it was a joke, read it, shook head in disbelief, started thinking of all the nice things that I will no longer be going anywhere near.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

At a guess they will have had a traffic study done to determine if this will work or not..... (well you'd hope). They will have to improve and increase the number of cross streets to get it anywhere close to reasonable solution.

Can't help thinking how much of a ball ache JLT with its one way system is.....

Lets just hope they planning for each of them to flow in different directions..... I wouldn't put it past them!
Old Jan 20th 2016, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I assume it will help get rid of the zillion traffic lights as the circuit would only have 'free rights' and no left turns.

It may speed things up quite a bit. Painful going that way right now due to the constant traffic lights.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

I can see the benefit of a one-way street on the upper part of Al Wasl, from Safa Park towards Satwa.

But I'm not sure why the rest of Al Wasl or the Beach road needs to be converted to one-way streets. It does get crowded during rush hour but the rest of the time it's fine. If the Beach road is slow it's because of multiple lights and speed bumps.

My director lives in Umm Suqeim and he's livid. He thinks it'll only mean more people cutting through the residential blocks to avoid having to take long detours.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 9:53 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I can see the benefit of a one-way street on the upper part of Al Wasl, from Safa Park towards Satwa.

But I'm not sure why the rest of Al Wasl or the Beach road needs to be converted to one-way streets. It does get crowded during rush hour but the rest of the time it's fine. If the Beach road is slow it's because of multiple lights and speed bumps.

My director lives in Umm Suqeim and he's livid. He thinks it'll only mean more people cutting through the residential blocks to avoid having to take long detours.
Exactly this. I am really pissed off with this bloody stupid idea.

One of the reasons Al Wasl gets busy is due to Salik dodgers and that has also shifted down to the Beach Road. If this goes ahead some of the nice quiet back streets will become like rat runs so forget being able to let your children play out or walking your dog as idiot drivers won't make allowances.

Making both roads one way means having to remove the central sections, so all the trees on Al Wasl would have to be dug up, ultimately making the air quality worse too.

Old Jan 20th 2016, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

but it will make beach road a nice wide drag strip for the patrol and landcruiser brigades
Old Jan 20th 2016, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

The Tunbridge Wells of the UAE has been torn up.

I am disgusted.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 11:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow
Exactly this. I am really pissed off with this bloody stupid idea.

One of the reasons Al Wasl gets busy is due to Salik dodgers and that has also shifted down to the Beach Road. If this goes ahead some of the nice quiet back streets will become like rat runs so forget being able to let your children play out or walking your dog as idiot drivers won't make allowances.

Making both roads one way means having to remove the central sections, so all the trees on Al Wasl would have to be dug up, ultimately making the air quality worse too.

All of this makes sense.

This idea of one way stuff doesn't to me. Surely it just means that coming up from Knowledge Village etc means it's even easier to dodge salik?
Old Jan 20th 2016, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
All of this makes sense.

This idea of one way stuff doesn't to me. Surely it just means that coming up from Knowledge Village etc means it's even easier to dodge salik?
And quicker too, with less or no traffic lights.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 12:16 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
The Tunbridge Wells of the UAE has been torn up.

I am disgusted.
I should have typed in green like a proper NIMBY.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 12:18 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
And quicker too, with less or no traffic lights.
As I am in green ink mode it's fewer traffic lights, not less.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Meow
As I am in green ink mode it's fewer traffic lights, not less.
Just for you....

Edited to add, OK, Why can't I add a picture attachment?
Old Jan 20th 2016, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
Edited to add, OK, Why can't I add a picture attachment?
Maybe because you didn't click on the 'Picture'icon to invoke the functionality. Or it could be you're a bit thick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.