Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

BBC get something right for a change

BBC get something right for a change

Old Oct 14th 2016, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default BBC get something right for a change

Old Oct 14th 2016, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC get something right for a change

Well you are the "Inselaffen". Maybe they used a clip of one of your relatives by mistake !
Old Oct 14th 2016, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

lightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Well you are the "Inselaffen". Maybe they used a clip of one of your relatives by mistake !
Scot, from both the timing and content of all the posts I have seen from you, I assumed you wrote them in that brief time between getting back from the bar and passing out.

But no, with that one single post I now get you...

good work
Old Oct 15th 2016, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I am teetotal. No booze for me ! I did a lot of that in my youth but then saw the folly of strong drink !
Old Oct 15th 2016, 10:46 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
I am teetotal. No booze for me ! I did a lot of that in my youth but then saw the folly of strong drink !
Presumably you don't drive, either.
Old Oct 15th 2016, 1:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Your logic is beyond me.
Old Oct 16th 2016, 4:16 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Go Fish....
Old Oct 16th 2016, 5:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Hilarious from the BBC.

She is a funny one. I honestly can see no benefit for anyone with Scotland going for independence again. These referendum should be generational, not every 5 years.
Old Oct 17th 2016, 6:21 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Hilarious from the BBC.

She is a funny one. I honestly can see no benefit for anyone with Scotland going for independence again. These referendum should be generational, not every 5 years.
No benefit for the rest of the UK, that is for sure.. I posted the below last year and, if anything, it is even more correct than it was then. Last time it was just the vow of more powers that was a sham. Now, its a strong economy and full EU membership that has been eroded...

In the last days before the next Gen election, the Tories promise everyone the earth. Tories win.

In the days, weeks and months after, it becomes obvious that the Tories cannot deliver.

In the UK, you can either wait till the net Gen Election to get rid of them, or call for a vote of no confidence (Interestingly enough, the tactic used by the Tories in '79 to get Maggie into power!!).The point is, the UK gets to decide who governs it in a couple of different ways, most often a vote held every four or so years.

Scotland just had a vote to determine not only who governs it, but how it is perceived in a Global perspective. A far more wide-ranging and important vote than a GE. One from where, if Independence is chosen, there is no going back from (Thank God!!).

If the Unionist parties are found wanting in producing on their 'vows' to the Scottish people, then, yes, re-run the referendum. If Cameron et al. had told us before the vote that there were some serious caveats that were not made clear in the original vow, as they did in the weeks after the vote, can we honestly say that people had a clear picture of what they got either way?
Old Oct 17th 2016, 6:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
No benefit for the rest of the UK, that is for sure.. I posted the below last year and, if anything, it is even more correct than it was then. Last time it was just the vow of more powers that was a sham. Now, its a strong economy and full EU membership that has been eroded...

In the last days before the next Gen election, the Tories promise everyone the earth. Tories win.

In the days, weeks and months after, it becomes obvious that the Tories cannot deliver.

In the UK, you can either wait till the net Gen Election to get rid of them, or call for a vote of no confidence (Interestingly enough, the tactic used by the Tories in '79 to get Maggie into power!!).The point is, the UK gets to decide who governs it in a couple of different ways, most often a vote held every four or so years.

Scotland just had a vote to determine not only who governs it, but how it is perceived in a Global perspective. A far more wide-ranging and important vote than a GE. One from where, if Independence is chosen, there is no going back from (Thank God!!).

If the Unionist parties are found wanting in producing on their 'vows' to the Scottish people, then, yes, re-run the referendum. If Cameron et al. had told us before the vote that there were some serious caveats that were not made clear in the original vow, as they did in the weeks after the vote, can we honestly say that people had a clear picture of what they got either way?
I don't think this demand for another referendum is because of promises being broken, it's to do with the EU, which is a mistake and not a reason for another referendum.

Incidentally, what promises have been broken? Or have some just not come through yet? What has gone through that was promised?
Old Oct 17th 2016, 6:41 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Scotland wouldn't last a week without England paying for it. That little troll needs to be taken out. And i don't mean to the cinema.
Old Oct 17th 2016, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Quite why it was only scotland could vote on them leaving, and not England, Wales and NI is beyond me, surely it would effect every person living in the Union.

Maybe if it was a UK wide vote we'd have voted to kick the miserable stingy twats out.
Old Oct 17th 2016, 6:55 am
Account Closed

If I could, I would vote for Scotland to remain part of the Union, but I doubt I can (even though I have a Scottish Father).

Anyway, I think it's a really dangerous time. Scotland voting again may not play well for the UK's negotiations for Brexit.
Old Oct 17th 2016, 6:58 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
If I could, I would vote for Scotland to remain part of the Union, but I doubt I can (even though I have a Scottish Father).

Anyway, I think it's a really dangerous time. Scotland voting again may not play well for the UK's negotiations for Brexit.
A pole in Scotland could vote, but a Scot in Corby could not.

It was a shame, they don't deserve another referendum. I read the other day that the SNP are spending way over there budget, with out England's cash they'd be bankrupt quicker than Greece.

PS Oil and Gas is low. You have nothing to sell or offer the world. Shut up and and just eat your haggis.
Old Oct 17th 2016, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Go Fish....
caught one or 2 big ones

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.