Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Bahrain Night Out! Free Beer!

Bahrain Night Out! Free Beer!

Old Jul 10th 2011, 6:58 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bahrain Night Out! Free Beer!

So who is interested in meeting up for a drink in Bahrain before the start of Ramadan? For the sake of building a community I am being inclusive and inviting anyone to come along, so let's see who answers my call for attention. Depending on who will attend we will meet somewhere fitting and then go wherever the night takes us from there.

This coming weekend is no good for me and probably too short notice anyway, so that leaves two weekends open. Personally I would personally prefer a Thursday night (have to bloody work on Saturday), but will follow the lead of those who respond...

So please reply to the post with your preferred date from the following list and let's see what we can put together;
  • Thursday 21 July
  • Friday 22 July
  • Thursday 28 July
  • Friday 29 July
If you have a suggestion of where to go please mention it, but be sensible.

If nobody wants to come then at least I know that I'm not leaving anything important behind when I bugger off to Dubai in early August..

By the way I was lying about the free beer! It's called false advertising. Sue me!
Old Jul 10th 2011, 6:05 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bahrain Night Out! Free Beer!

It looks like I will be lonely
Old Jul 11th 2011, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
It looks like I will be lonely
Not looking good...

When do you come to sunny dubai?
Old Jul 11th 2011, 8:51 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Not looking good...

When do you come to sunny dubai?
arrive middle of august. got to love ramadan during the hottest period. i'm sure it will be extra lovely this year. i remember sitting by the pool in 48 degrees last year sweating buckets. at least you go out and have a beer in dubai...
Old Jul 11th 2011, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

So who is interested in meeting up for a drink in Bahrain before the start of Ramadan? For the sake of building a community I am being inclusive and inviting anyone to come along, so let's see who answers my call for attention. Depending on who will attend we will meet somewhere fitting and then go wherever the night takes us from there.

This coming weekend is no good for me and probably too short notice anyway, so that leaves two weekends open. Personally I would personally prefer a Thursday night (have to bloody work on Saturday), but will follow the lead of those who respond...

So please reply to the post with your preferred date from the following list and let's see what we can put together;
  • Thursday 21 July
  • Friday 22 July
  • Thursday 28 July
  • Friday 29 July
If you have a suggestion of where to go please mention it, but be sensible.

If nobody wants to come then at least I know that I'm not leaving anything important behind when I bugger off to Dubai in early August..

By the way I was lying about the free beer! It's called false advertising. Sue me!
Hey Norsk, I'm in. The wife and kids will have gone by then so no need to get a night pass either. Of those dates the 21st works best for me and I'm easy on location - how about JJs?
Old Jul 11th 2011, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Norsky

I have my eldest son over from the UK as of a week today so cant run off and get wrecked. Setting an example of a model father and all that.

However walk over in the afternoon that you are on the lash and I will start you off with a few free beers in the back garden to wish you well for the evening
Old Jul 11th 2011, 1:33 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Hey Norsk, I'm in. The wife and kids will have gone by then so no need to get a night pass either. Of those dates the 21st works best for me and I'm easy on location - how about JJs?
JJ's is cool or we could start in Ric's Kountry Kitchen for some food and then move on from there. To be honest I'm not too fussed mate. Let's see if anyone else is around. Tock has already pulled out, but there are others still here over the summer for sure..
Old Jul 11th 2011, 1:44 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Norsky

I have my eldest son over from the UK as of a week today so cant run off and get wrecked. Setting an example of a model father and all that.

However walk over in the afternoon that you are on the lash and I will start you off with a few free beers in the back garden to wish you well for the evening
Let's do an afternoon/evening in Dilmun mate. The last time I had beers with you before going out in Manama I don't actually remember coming home. Granted we had 6 pints of Stella before I went out, but still I have no great urge to do the same again..

My family leave for the UK this weekend so I'm free to go for beers anytime from next week until I leave for Dubai around middle of August.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Let's do an afternoon/evening in Dilmun mate. The last time I had beers with you before going out in Manama I don't actually remember coming home. Granted we had 6 pints of Stella before I went out, but still I have no great urge to do the same again..

My family leave for the UK this weekend so I'm free to go for beers anytime from next week until I leave for Dubai around middle of August.
OK an afternoon in the Dilmun it is. My eldest will be here for 12 days so that takes us into early August.
Also saves me from seeing if my "pulling trousers" still fit as its a shorts and T shirt job in the Dilly
Old Jul 11th 2011, 2:28 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

OK an afternoon in the Dilmun it is. My eldest will be here for 12 days so that takes us into early August.
Also saves me from seeing if my "pulling trousers" still fit as its a shorts and T shirt job in the Dilly
pulling trousers??

Early August is good for me. Nothing like breaking the fast (iftar) with a couple of pints...
Old Jul 11th 2011, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dear Sir
no need to wait for Iftar, we are British after all and the Dilly serves all day long if I remember rightly, though I may be wrong.
Wonder if Mark is still here as I am sure he was getting the beers in
Old Jul 11th 2011, 7:17 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Dear Sir
no need to wait for Iftar, we are British after all and the Dilly serves all day long if I remember rightly, though I may be wrong.
Wonder if Mark is still here as I am sure he was getting the beers in
yes yes. i was referring to the fact that i will be working still and it will be ramadan so enforced fasting for me. as usual i will be eating wine gums and drinking red bull on the causeway, but nothing wrong with a beer after arriving in bahrain. and since i only work until 4 (and no traffic) i can be in dilly at 4.45

mark has gone very quiet so i wonder if he's either buggered off or gone back to the uk for summer hols.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 9:45 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

So is it just me and Ronnie then?

Bloody hell you guys are really a bunch of boring old farts..