Bahrain F1

Old Apr 25th 2009, 4:37 pm
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all
Default Bahrain F1

Anyone else go to the Bahrain F1 weekend?

I must admit the whole affair seems an even bigger rip off.

No major food outlets, as in McDonalds, Pizza express, Dairy Queen, small water at 500 fils, ice cream at BD2.5.
All outlets replaced by Jawad's, a local supermarket chain.
Entertainment consisting of 6 acrobats, an Arab with a fiddle and guys on stilts riding bicycles.
The highlight today was half a dozen guys parachuting with flags tied to their legs.

Tomorrow we will have a flyby by THE Bahraini Airforce F16 jet

I'm not tight with money but Bahrain need to watch out as BIC is not giving value for money.
Bloody glad I had not travelled from Europe to watch it and staying in one of the newly alcohol free hotels!
Bad enough paying the equivelent of 500 quid for me and the boy just for tickets.

It will be interesting to see Abu Dhabi's version at the end of season.

Your comments..........
Old Apr 26th 2009, 3:25 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bahrain F1

Originally Posted by eylesda

No major food outlets, as in McDonalds, Pizza express, Dairy Queen, small water at 500 fils, ice cream at BD2.5.
Entertainment consisting of 6 acrobats, an Arab with a fiddle and guys on stilts riding bicycles.
The highlight today was half a dozen guys parachuting with flags tied to their legs.

I'm not tight with money but Bahrain need to watch out as BIC is not giving value for money.
Bloody glad I had not travelled from Europe to watch it and staying in one of the newly alcohol free hotels!
Bad enough paying the equivelent of 500 quid for me and the boy just for tickets.

Your comments..........
highly qualified and skilled men who have trained many years for the Armed Services and you think it's a joke? shame on you ..
Old Apr 26th 2009, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Your comments..........
Everything is a rip-off in the M.E. But the suckers keep paying.....
Old Apr 26th 2009, 5:04 am
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
highly qualified and skilled men who have trained many years for the Armed Services and you think it's a joke? shame on you ..
I presume your comment was tongue in cheek.

I think you'll find it's one of the Khalifas using the F16 as his personal toy and with an American pilot in the rear set!

This is a bit different from air displays and the likes at other F1 events, that was the point I was trying to make.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 5:23 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I presume your comment was tongue in cheek.

I think you'll find it's one of the Khalifas using the F16 as his personal toy and with an American pilot in the rear set!

This is a bit different from air displays and the likes at other F1 events, that was the point I was trying to make.
no it wasn't tongue in cheek
Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:22 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

The race started 15 minutes ago. Lewis Hamilton up to third after the start but Jensen Button then passes him so LH back to fourth.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:34 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
The race started 15 minutes ago. Lewis Hamilton up to third after the start but Jensen Button then passes him so LH back to fourth.
Lh is he a one hit wonder?
Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
Lh is he a one hit wonder?
I wonder how he came to be a WC last year in the first place!!! Damn posterboy...
Old Apr 26th 2009, 5:08 pm
Banned

Will he go from "National British Hero" to "Black Bast*rd" in one season? I hope not but it was interesting to see the mixed loyalties at the race today.

My son was clocking him all the way but still pleased a Brit won. It's the way we bring them up I guess.

If Brawn had been quicker off the mark merchandise wise they would have sold out.

Next year though I am buying the best tickets but only for race day.

Blue cat, my apologies, we had FOUR F16's fly past plus the Bahrain Defense Force band, 3 helicopters and a dance troup but all at the same time as a world record attempt for holding one's breath for 21 minutes. Guess which held the attention of the crowd and cameramen? 21 minutes, freeking incredible!!!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:27 am
Concierge

Will he go from "National British Hero" to "Black Bast*rd" in one season? I hope not but it was interesting to see the mixed loyalties at the race today.

My son was clocking him all the way but still pleased a Brit won. It's the way we bring them up I guess.

If Brawn had been quicker off the mark merchandise wise they would have sold out.

Next year though I am buying the best tickets but only for race day.

Blue cat, my apologies, we had FOUR F16's fly past plus the Bahrain Defense Force band, 3 helicopters and a dance troup but all at the same time as a world record attempt for holding one's breath for 21 minutes. Guess which held the attention of the crowd and cameramen? 21 minutes, freeking incredible!!!
there you go, I think a friend of mine's husband was involved in this
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:36 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

no it wasn't tongue in cheek
well it should have been, they are a waste of (air)space...
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:35 am
Banned

there you go, I think a friend of mine's husband was involved in this
How long can your friends husband hold his breath?

How does he train, by holding his breath in the bath tub or in the swimming pool? How many hours per day does he practice?

It must take an emmense amount of wiilpower. I have trouble holding mine in the shower, my breath that is.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 9:25 am
Just Joined

pocahontas is an unknown quantity at this point

How long can your friends husband hold his breath?

How does he train, by holding his breath in the bath tub or in the swimming pool? How many hours per day does he practice?

It must take an emmense amount of wiilpower. I have trouble holding mine in the shower, my breath that is.
How very British of you guys. Last year when LH was doing well everyone praised him and now he's a 'one hit wonder'. One would think he had earned no points and he had crashed out on every single race!!

If you follow F1 you would know the Brawn team have a faster car and all the other teams are trying to adapt their cars to be the same. I would say don't rule him out we are only 3 races in.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 10:22 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pocahontas
How very British of you guys. Last year when LH was doing well everyone praised him and now he's a 'one hit wonder'. One would think he had earned no points and he had crashed out on every single race!!

If you follow F1 you would know the Brawn team have a faster car and all the other teams are trying to adapt their cars to be the same. I would say don't rule him out we are only 3 races in.
We appreciate that it was only your second post on here but, next time you use the Quote facility, it would help if your reply had some relevence to the post actually being quoted. As for the point you were trying to make, I agree with you wholeheartedly as I suspect most posters on here do also. Welcome to the BE forum..
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
We appreciate that it was only your second post on here but, next time you use the Quote facility, it would help if your reply had some relevence to the post actually being quoted. As for the point you were trying to make, I agree with you wholeheartedly as I suspect most posters on here do also. Welcome to the BE forum..
BUt still...It doesn't make me like Lewis...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.