Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Australian on Hajj pilgrimage , to receive 500 lashes in Saudi.

Australian on Hajj pilgrimage , to receive 500 lashes in Saudi.

Old Dec 7th 2011, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australian on Hajj pilgrimage , to receive 500 lashes in Saudi.

An Australian father who was in Saudi on Hajj pilgrimage is set to receive 500 lashes for alleged blashphemy.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/don...-1226216667244

"He couldn't survive 50 lashes let alone 500 lashes."

Mr Almaribe arrived in Australia in 1999 from Iraq as a refugee and brought his family over in 2006.

Isaam said the war in Iraq did not compare with what the family was going through now.

"We had different problems back then but now his life is on the line," he said.

"To be lashed is barbaric and it's really terrifying. Humans shouldn't be treated that way."

Wife Waffa Almaribe has not slept since her husband was detained while making the Hajj pilgrimage to Medina last month.

She collapsed in tears when she heard he would be lashed 500 times and serve a year in jail.
The problem is expecting human qualities from a barbaric culture. I wonder what the chap said or maybee he pissed off some local with wasta who concocted it all up.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 5:19 pm
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of
Default Re: Australian on Hajj pilgrimage , to receive 500 lashes in Saudi.

The guy had a bad back. What's the betting he said something like "I wish I didn't have to do this 5 times a day" as he bent over to pray?
Old Dec 7th 2011, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

And they call us whinging poms!

Man up and take the punishment.

You never know it could cure the back pain...or make him forget about it
Old Dec 8th 2011, 4:04 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
You never know it could cure the back pain...or make him forget about it
Yeah, 500 proper lashes would leave you with pretty much no skin on your back. I bet they won't be pouring rum over it afterwards either...
Old Dec 11th 2011, 10:37 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

A real Australian would only be in Saudi at the head of a tank column attacking Riyadh....in a tank firing crocodiles from the "croc gun" while he drinks Coopers bear and sings about Kookaburras sitting in gum trees.

Trust me, I work with these people...

N.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Serves him right for leaving Australia and putting himself at the mercy of these parasites.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 11:38 am
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
A real Australian would only be in Saudi at the head of a tank column attacking Riyadh....in a tank firing crocodiles from the "croc gun" while he drinks Coopers bear and sings about Kookaburras sitting in gum trees.

N.
Given that this guy was on pilgrimage to Medina and is an Iraqi refugee, it's safe to assume he's not a stereotypical Australian.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk

N.
You have a fairly vague grasp of Australian culture... just like those Brits who are too ashamed to say what their idea of culture is in public?
Old Dec 11th 2011, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
Serves him right for leaving Australia and putting himself at the mercy of these parasites.
The irony is that an Iraqi Muslim (Arab or not), is far far far safer in Australia than in the land of Muhammed.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 8:09 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
You have a fairly vague grasp of Australian culture... just like those Brits who are too ashamed to say what their idea of culture is in public?
I'd explain "tongue-firmly-in-cheek" to you but you never replied to my last PM - you know, shortly after we finally figured out I'm not a BNP voter or member of the EDL.

Of course you could always stop cross referencing unrelated posts if you really wanted to?

N.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
Yeah, 500 proper lashes would leave you with pretty much no skin on your back. I bet they won't be pouring rum over it afterwards either...
Are you suggesting the lashes I receive at the Belgravia Pleasure Garden parties from Madame Whippywinkle are not proper, HK?

Maybe there should be a tongue-in-cheek smiley we could use just to clear up any confusion over posts.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Are you suggesting the lashes I receive at the Belgravia Pleasure Garden parties from Madame Whippywinkle are not proper, HK?

Maybe there should be a tongue-in-cheek smiley we could use just to clear up any confusion over posts.
You'd think mentioning a gun that fires crocodiles would be enough...

N.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 6:23 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

You'd think ...
Old Dec 12th 2011, 10:58 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
An Australian father who was in Saudi on Hajj pilgrimage is set to receive 500 lashes for alleged blashphemy.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/don...-1226216667244

The problem is expecting human qualities from a barbaric culture. I wonder what the chap said or maybee he pissed off some local with wasta who concocted it all up.
It's better than the alternative:

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/saudi-...rcery-1.949401
Old Dec 12th 2011, 11:30 am
Some say, he adores KSA

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I wish they wouldn't keep referring to KSA a "ultra-conservative", as the definition of conservative includes "conventional in style, tending to be moderate"...

Chopping off heads for witchcraft or apostasy is hardly conventional or moderate, ultra-intolerant or ultra-inhuman would be a better epithet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.