Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Attesting UK certificates in the UAE

Attesting UK certificates in the UAE

Old Feb 10th 2016, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Attesting UK certificates in the UAE

Hi all

Does anyone have any experience in getting certificates attested here in the UAE please? I have already got some certificates attested which were done in the UK prior to moving here but needing to get work appropriate ones done in order to obtain a visa!. Any companies that do it for you over here that don't take too long. TIA
Old Feb 10th 2016, 7:36 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attesting UK certificates in the UAE

What kind of certificates do you wish to attest?
Old Feb 11th 2016, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
What kind of certificates do you wish to attest?
Qualification certificates
Old Feb 11th 2016, 3:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Can't your PRO just do it for you?
Old Feb 11th 2016, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scamp
Can't your PRO just do it for you?
Apparently not! Joys of the UAE
Old Feb 11th 2016, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

If I remember rightly mine had to be done in the UK (something about them having to be attested in the UAE Embassy in the country they were issued). So first they were attested by a notary public and then they were sent to the UAE Embassy in London.

All in all it was a ball ache and cost me a fortune in couriers. Thankfully my mum sorted out all the UK side for me.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=jam25mack;11864072]If I remember rightly mine had to be done in the UK (something about them having to be attested in the UAE Embassy in the country they were issued). So first they were attested by a notary public and then they were sent to the UAE Embassy in London.

All in all it was a ball ache and cost me a fortune in couriers. Thankfully my mum sorted out all the UK side for me.[/QUOTE
Yeah they do have to be sent to the UK which is a pain. There are companies that do it all for you though which yes cost more but it's cheaper than a flight n hassle of sorting myself!
Think I've found a company 😊
Old Feb 11th 2016, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
If I remember rightly mine had to be done in the UK (something about them having to be attested in the UAE Embassy in the country they were issued). So first they were attested by a notary public and then they were sent to the UAE Embassy in London.

All in all it was a ball ache and cost me a fortune in couriers. Thankfully my mum sorted out all the UK side for me.
Originally Posted by Rubydo
Yeah they do have to be sent to the UK which is a pain. There are companies that do it all for you though which yes cost more but it's cheaper than a flight n hassle of sorting myself!
Think I've found a company 😊
That's good. Just remember to make lots of copies and keep the attested ones somewhere safe. I needed mine this year and nearly had kittens when I couldn't find them!
Old Feb 11th 2016, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

That's good. Just remember to make lots of copies and keep the attested ones somewhere safe. I needed mine this year and nearly had kittens when I couldn't find them!
I put them in a"safe place" to then never be found when needed ha! Getting the copy attested and not the original so if lost its no biggy just have to go through all this again!
Old Feb 11th 2016, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting the copy attested and not the original
Are you sure you can do that?
Old Feb 11th 2016, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Are you sure you can do that?
Yeah they just send them to a solicitor to be verified that it's a real copy of original and then send to Milton Keynes n london and all that jazz!
Old Feb 11th 2016, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah they just send them to a solicitor to be verified that it's a real copy of original and then send to Milton Keynes n london and all that jazz!
I'm sure I had to send the originals too. Agreed they put the stickers, stamp and ribbon etc on a copy, but I could have sworn the original had to be with them for inspection.

Maybe worth confirming before you send em.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm sure I had to send the originals too. Agreed they put the stickers, stamp and ribbon etc on a copy, but I could have sworn the original had to be with them for inspection.

Maybe worth confirming before you send em.
Yeah when I take them maybe so but if verified by a solicitor that they are copies of an original after solicitor seeing the original then the copy is fine. The company have sent me the info so should be alright I hope
Old Feb 11th 2016, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah when I take them maybe so but if verified by a solicitor that they are copies of an original after solicitor seeing the original then the copy is fine. The company have sent me the info so should be alright I hope
Ahh OK, well good luck!
Old Feb 11th 2016, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Ahh OK, well good luck!
Thanks, I think I'll need it with the go slow attitude here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.