Atlantis....

Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:10 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Atlantis....

had a look round there today....what an ugly ugly place...apart from a few of the restaurants/bars they have really outdone themselves on making it look tasteless...
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Atlantis....

surely can't be more tasteless than the burj...

the waterpark looks amazing, and i've heard fantastic things about it...and i'm dying to go to nobu...roll on november...

MM, xx
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:36 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
surely can't be more tasteless than the burj...

the waterpark looks amazing, and i've heard fantastic things about it...and i'm dying to go to nobu...roll on november...

MM, xx
not been in the waterpark yet, but the hotel is gross...
Nobu is already open for dinner...
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
not been in the waterpark yet, but the hotel is gross...
Nobu is already open for dinner...
oh yeah i know, just i'm staying there in nov, so we're going to wait...

MM, xx
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1740532.ece
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:54 pm
hmmmm...nice

lol...
the only thing I liked were those fishes....but that statue in the main lobby is just...yuk...and so it the rest...it's truely horrendous...
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lol...
the only thing I liked were those fishes....but that statue in the main lobby is just...yuk...and so it the rest...it's truely horrendous...
don't quite know what to say about that thing in the lobby...what were they thinking...

MM, xx
Old Sep 27th 2008, 5:05 pm
hmmmm...nice

the fish...and the statue....
Attached Thumbnails Atlantis....-029-1.jpg   Atlantis....-052-1.jpg  
Old Sep 27th 2008, 5:11 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

had a look round there today....what an ugly ugly place...apart from a few of the restaurants/bars they have really outdone themselves on making it look tasteless...
speaking of which, I was at JBH for Iftar last week, it was ok but that hotel is so cheesy, its awful, really tacky.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 5:14 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Spugsy
speaking of which, I was at JBH for Iftar last week, it was ok but that hotel is so cheesy, its awful, really tacky.
yeah I agree...
I was in the Al Qasr for lunch today, that's still one of my favorite hotels here...
Old Sep 27th 2008, 5:15 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

christ, that bloke, and the newspaper are nothing but ******.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

you'd expect nowt less from the sun...

MM, xx
Old Sep 27th 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

damn straight, Spugs... which is why I feel actually dirty for (a) reading the whole article :curse:, and (b) agreeing with every word

of course, it's possible that it was written from some general anti-Arab, xenophobic Sun-type bias, and not from a specific anti-cheese, anti-fakeness bias, so I can still rest on my Guardianista laurels and feel contentedly smug
Old Sep 27th 2008, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Dreammaker is an unknown quantity at this point

Typical response, why can't you all say something positive about this place instead of moaning and whinging your way through life here.

Everyone knows this place is Disneyland so do you say that any of that groups places in Paris, HK, Calif or Fl are tacky?

Of course you dont.

Go there enjoy, giggle at the blinged out holidaymakers, while knowing that you get better nosebag at Ravi's.

But if the Beckhams, the Prices and Paris bloody Hilton turned up you'd still want a ticket for the party.

Give the people what they want, you don't like it, enjoy Al Qasr, which, although fantastic, is still vastly overpriced for the quality and service that you get.

(Rant over, I've had a bad day)

Last edited by Dreammaker; Sep 27th 2008 at 8:20 pm. Reason: Mixymefingers
Old Sep 28th 2008, 3:46 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Dreammaker
Typical response, why can't you all say something positive about this place instead of moaning and whinging your way through life here.

Everyone knows this place is Disneyland so do you say that any of that groups places in Paris, HK, Calif or Fl are tacky?

Of course you dont.

Go there enjoy, giggle at the blinged out holidaymakers, while knowing that you get better nosebag at Ravi's.

But if the Beckhams, the Prices and Paris bloody Hilton turned up you'd still want a ticket for the party.

Give the people what they want, you don't like it, enjoy Al Qasr, which, although fantastic, is still vastly overpriced for the quality and service that you get.

(Rant over, I've had a bad day)
errr....the first thing I said when I saw the building is that it looks like a cheap Disney hotel...

I don't come on BE to moan and whinge about Dubai, it's more the opposite in fact...

To find out whether or not I liked Atlantis, I went to have a look and form an opinion, instead of relying on others....but I guess I am weird like that...

so...did you design it then....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.