The Ashes

Old Dec 4th 2017, 6:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default The Ashes

Thank **** I'm not still in Australia.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ashes

Would you emigrate to Australia if given the chance?
Old Dec 5th 2017, 6:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Would you emigrate to Australia if given the chance?
I'm in a lucky position that if I say I want it, I could move in January.

But I don't think so, for a number of reasons.

1. The money won't be great. It will be good but it won't be amazing.
2. It's hard for the Mrs to get work as a teacher, you have to convert something and get experience and all round ball ache, I believe.
3. She doesn't want to move there. Full stop.
4. Nothing else really matters after point 3....but I'll continue.
5. It's a long way from anywhere. Not just home but anywhere.
6. Australia for our business isn't a few years, it's a move and live and forever sort of place.

My Dad says I should just go and that she'll follow regardless (she did to Dubai when she didn't really want to) but we're in a different relationship to then, I can't expect her to be dragged around the world after me when she's successful in her own right and in the process of accepting a fantastic new role that she's worked hard for. Why should she sacrifice these things for me to move to Oz.

Fundamentally, apart from being unhappy in this office and with the company here (much cooler in Oz and London for example), I'm 'well' paid (I'm not in my opinion but in the grand scheme of things it's a lot of money), I'm comfortable, we have a nice life, I'm busy and needed, I have 5+ years of gratuity built up, I'm not under any great threat, I get to work on some amazing projects and in varied locations with a bit of travel so in reality, all of my down points are silly because I'm in a very good place.

So, Oz, nah. Not right now, we both want to see our families and whilst it's a very realistic option, I don't think it suits us yet - I won't say ever, but not yet.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm in a lucky position that if I say I want it, I could move in January.

But I don't think so, for a number of reasons.

1. The money won't be great. It will be good but it won't be amazing.
2. It's hard for the Mrs to get work as a teacher, you have to convert something and get experience and all round ball ache, I believe.
3. She doesn't want to move there. Full stop.
4. Nothing else really matters after point 3....but I'll continue.
5. It's a long way from anywhere. Not just home but anywhere.
6. Australia for our business isn't a few years, it's a move and live and forever sort of place.

My Dad says I should just go and that she'll follow regardless (she did to Dubai when she didn't really want to) but we're in a different relationship to then, I can't expect her to be dragged around the world after me when she's successful in her own right and in the process of accepting a fantastic new role that she's worked hard for. Why should she sacrifice these things for me to move to Oz.

Fundamentally, apart from being unhappy in this office and with the company here (much cooler in Oz and London for example), I'm 'well' paid (I'm not in my opinion but in the grand scheme of things it's a lot of money), I'm comfortable, we have a nice life, I'm busy and needed, I have 5+ years of gratuity built up, I'm not under any great threat, I get to work on some amazing projects and in varied locations with a bit of travel so in reality, all of my down points are silly because I'm in a very good place.

So, Oz, nah. Not right now, we both want to see our families and whilst it's a very realistic option, I don't think it suits us yet - I won't say ever, but not yet.

Mate go , you're the breadwinner she'll follow
Old Dec 5th 2017, 6:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Mate go , you're the breadwinner she'll follow
If I was desperate to I might force the issue, but I'm not desperate to go and live there.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

If I was desperate to I might force the issue, but I'm not desperate to go and live there.
I would have gone 20 years ago and probably should have , had a decent offer but canned it for cash in some shithole.

Love the country but it's a touch more difficult now as you need a few bob to set up. You do get an over riding detached feeling that you are a million miles away though , which in effect you are.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 7:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I would have gone 20 years ago and probably should have , had a decent offer but canned it for cash in some shithole.

Love the country but it's a touch more difficult now as you need a few bob to set up. You do get an over riding detached feeling that you are a million miles away though , which in effect you are.
Shoulda woulda coulda mate. It's a cool city Sydney and I expect the country has a vast amount to offer for years before you'd need to leave and explore elsewhere but it's too far.

The only nagging thing in my mind is that it's ****ing boom time down there and I should go back agency side and make a fortune....
Old Dec 5th 2017, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

If I didn't have family in the UK I'd easily emigrate to NZ. If I found a decent paying job, which is the tricky bit. Still a bit of a fantasy to make a fortune and then buy a plot of land with stunning views in Otago and build a house.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

My 2 nano cents, probably worth that, but Farkin DO IT!!!

Offered a lifetime opportunity with work, and a chance to do SOOoooooooooOOOOOooooo much more.

You're gonna want kids at some point. School them in Oz, or Dubai, not exactly a choice if you have their best interests in mind, init!

She will love you for it, not at first maybe, but ... You go she/he will follow, that's how it works.

Stay too long in one place and you'll just be another bar helmet twat who shoulda woulda coulda. Get on with it already. You've got two hands and one chance, grab it!
Old Dec 5th 2017, 10:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by martinbkk
My 2 nano cents, probably worth that, but Farkin DO IT!!!
Nah, I'm not that desperate to at the moment and it doesn't really suit.

Anyway.

Cricket.

What. A. Day.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 8:20 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to go to NZ but I'm getting old. 50 isn't far off. Oz doesn't really appeal other than as a place to tick off.

You've got to do what you think is right and hope you don't regret it in years to come. I had a big chance in the USA 20 years ago but family issues stopped me taking the leap for good and I do regret it.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 4:43 am
Account Closed

Cricket.

What. A. Day.
Today's version
Old Dec 6th 2017, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Where are you going to end up, Scamp? Five years from now? Ten years from now?

What do you really want?
Old Dec 6th 2017, 7:16 am
Account Closed

What do you really want?
Another payrise and to win the Ashes.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you going to end up, Scamp? Five years from now? Ten years from now?

What do you really want?
If he is really lucky and plays his cards right, he might be able to end up in Doha.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.