Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Anyone know anyone senior at Du?

Anyone know anyone senior at Du?

Old Apr 15th 2014, 8:26 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone know anyone senior at Du?

After nearly 9 years of actually OK service from Du for TV, internet and landline, we decided to take them up on their iPhone offer, including porting our numbers over from Etisalat.

Foolish.

I went and signed the forms two weeks ago. Since then, nothing. Okay, we were called to come in and pick up our new SIM cards about three days after signing the forms, but we're still no nearer to actually getting our new phones. The entire process is only supposed to take about 48 hours max.

I went in to the Du shop at Ibn Battuta on Saturday and gave the poor underpaid Filipino on the counter some grief, and he wrote and sent an email to the back orifice (pun intended) asking what the delay was. Of course, we've heard nothing back.

So if anyone knows anyone senior at Du who might just have a f*****g clue about getting things done, I'd be delighted to hear from you
Old Apr 15th 2014, 10:03 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone know anyone senior at Du?

Carrier portability is a mofo I am afraid
Got the same done for my father and it is going to take a week no matter how many calls you make or no matter how many poor Filipinos you rattle
Just give it time, yanni mafi mushkil
Old Apr 16th 2014, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried the Du office in MOE (on the way to the Metro), I have always found them very helpful, and they always seem to have someone senior on duty.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 9:52 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

+
Originally Posted by Eeyore
After nearly 9 years of actually OK service from Du for TV, internet and landline, we decided to take them up on their iPhone offer, including porting our numbers over from Etisalat.

Foolish.

I went and signed the forms two weeks ago. Since then, nothing. Okay, we were called to come in and pick up our new SIM cards about three days after signing the forms, but we're still no nearer to actually getting our new phones. The entire process is only supposed to take about 48 hours max.

I went in to the Du shop at Ibn Battuta on Saturday and gave the poor underpaid Filipino on the counter some grief, and he wrote and sent an email to the back orifice (pun intended) asking what the delay was. Of course, we've heard nothing back.

So if anyone knows anyone senior at Du who might just have a f*****g clue about getting things done, I'd be delighted to hear from you

I have contacts at Du so I can probably assist. I deal with their PR people for issues for readers so I can mediate if you would like. Few companies like the idea of getting bad press.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Foolish.
I was thinking of taking up this offer - perhaps I won't now!
Old Apr 16th 2014, 2:20 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

In fairness, if we'd been willing to go with new Du numbers, we'd have probably had our phones two weeks ago. It's the porting that seems to be causing the holdup, even though their promotions for it explicitly state that it's an easy process that takes 48 hours maximum.

Originally Posted by Meow
I have contacts at Du so I can probably assist. I deal with their PR people for issues for readers so I can mediate if you would like. Few companies like the idea of getting bad press
If you'd be willing to help, that'd be great. It's just the standard problem here of zero communication causing frustration. I'm sure if I go back in to the Du shop at the weekend, I'll just encounter the exact same situation - apologies, an email written to the back office, but no actual response or even insight into why it's taking so long. You'd think, since we'll be paying them an extra 600 AED or so per month, they'd be quite keen to get us set up sooner rather than later.

Last edited by Eeyore; Apr 16th 2014 at 2:24 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 2:24 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

In fairness, if we'd been willing to go with new Du numbers, we'd have probably had our phones two weeks ago. It's the porting that seems to be causing the holdup, even though their promotions for it explicitly state that it's an easy process that takes 48 hours maximum.

If you'd be willing to help, that'd be great. It's just the standard problem here of zero communication causing frustration. I'm sure if I go back in to the Du shop at the weekend, I'll just encounter the exact same situation - apologies, an email written to the back office, but no actual response. You'd think, since we'll be paying them an extra 600 AED or so per month, they'd be quite keen to get us set up sooner rather than later.
Can you email me with details? Keep it to the point with fact and dates and I'll get the case in front of my contact. Can't promise anything, but worth a try.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 2:26 pm
Soupy twist

Will do, cheers.