Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Another giant mall in Dubai - just what we need!

Another giant mall in Dubai - just what we need!

Old May 28th 2016, 10:38 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another giant mall in Dubai - just what we need!

If this is to be believed there is finally going to be some progress on what I think was going to be the Palm Deira. It it the same place or just the area? Palm Deira started, what eight/nine years ago yet I can't see anything at all palm like in google earth, just the bit sand spits of Deira Islands. The initial construction was visible from the roof of our building in Deira many years ago.

Looks like the start of something on google earth but not much there as of now but plans for yet another giant shopping mall. Anyone seen what's going on over there?

Deira Islands mall is going to be even bigger than Dubai Mall - What's On Dubai
Old May 30th 2016, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another giant mall in Dubai - just what we need!

Originally Posted by Meow
If this is to be believed there is finally going to be some progress on what I think was going to be the Palm Deira. It it the same place or just the area? Palm Deira started, what eight/nine years ago yet I can't see anything at all palm like in google earth, just the bit sand spits of Deira Islands. The initial construction was visible from the roof of our building in Deira many years ago.

Looks like the start of something on google earth but not much there as of now but plans for yet another giant shopping mall. Anyone seen what's going on over there?

Deira Islands mall is going to be even bigger than Dubai Mall - What's On Dubai
I passed over it today, lots of construction materiel (rock and the like). Some groundwork, also the bones of one building which looks like a small warehouse...
Also a couple of islands in 'the world' with new builds, 2 story and looks like houses. Some new ground works on Palm Jebel Ali by the look of it too.

Last edited by Pongo; May 30th 2016 at 12:10 pm.