Anjem Choudry

Old Aug 19th 2016, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anjem Choudry

Now i think he should be locked up and the key thrown away, however, I've just read the following....

Should people be locked up for their beliefs (no matter how repulsive you or i may think they are)?

From here

He’s repulsive, but he shouldn’t be sent to prison.

In Britain in 2016, a man faces jail for what he thinks. For what he says. His crime was not to harm another person or damage property, but to subscribe to a warped ideological view of the world. That is, he committed a thoughtcrime, and he’s being punished for it. His name is Anjem Choudary, the infamous imam, finger-wagger extraordinaire at what he sees as the sinful West and its decadent kuffar inhabitants, and however much it sticks in our craw we must demand that he not be sent to jail, and that his conviction be overturned. Not so much for his benefit as for ours, and for the hard fought-for principle that individuals should never — but never — be punished by the state for what they think and say.

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 20th 2016 at 7:12 am. Reason: sortin' is all
Old Aug 19th 2016, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anjem Choudry

Fair's fair.

If we punish people for Islamaphobia and racial/hate speech crimes, he has to be punished too.

Britain does not have the full freedom of speech in the US. Let's not forget that. We're pretty tolerant but we have, as a society, concluded that there are some limits to freedom of speech.

I'm not entirely sure where I stand. In a sense I'm appealed by the US style freedom of speech. What particularly bothers me about Choudry is that he lived off the state dole. That should be stopped. Behaviour, including hate speech, could be linked to a means-tested benefits scheme to prevent Choudry and others of that ilk from receiving state dole.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

He has acted in a treasonable manner, an offense which used to carry the death sentence, and has been a facilitator to acts of murder and sedition, to say this willl affect free speech is a ridculous argument, especially as his own ideology is against that!
He has had free reign for far to long, and should have been sent down years ago, the manner in which his behaviour has not been punished just goes to show that tolerance is alive and well!
It always makes me laugh that they insist that they want to introduce sharia law, name me one counry practicing sharia law that would have put up with this person as long as the British establishment has done....
Old Aug 20th 2016, 7:10 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
He has acted in a treasonable manner, an offense which used to carry the death sentence, and has been a facilitator to acts of murder and sedition, to say this willl affect free speech is a ridculous argument, especially as his own ideology is against that!
He has had free reign for far to long, and should have been sent down years ago, the manner in which his behaviour has not been punished just goes to show that tolerance is alive and well!
It always makes me laugh that they insist that they want to introduce sharia law, name me one counry practicing sharia law that would have put up with this person as long as the British establishment has done....

in all honesty he would have been picked up by 'someone' and taken somewhere and 'disappeared' a long time ago even in Pakistan as well. We dont want idiots like him spouting hate like that. Ive said it before and Ill say it again, you guys take it too easy with your H&S crap and your free speech and your walking on egg shells around people who might get hurt blah blah
Old Aug 20th 2016, 10:27 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper

in all honesty he would have been picked up by 'someone' and taken somewhere and 'disappeared' a long time ago even in Pakistan as well. We dont want idiots like him spouting hate like that. Ive said it before and Ill say it again, you guys take it too easy with your H&S crap and your free speech and your walking on egg shells around people who might get hurt blah blah
Absolutely. The bastard even had a link to a charity on his Facebook page.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

So, you can't say what you think now? I'm no supporter, in fact I'd have shot him years ago, but, and this is the point, can't he (or others) say what they want?

What does sadden me is that muslims are allowed to spout hate rhetoric, but if someone shouts against them, then they're racists and they do get arrested.

That's not right.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

"You guys"? You're from Yorkshire aren't you? Bradford maybe..... Probably Ilkley
Old Aug 21st 2016, 6:53 am

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
"You guys"? You're from Yorkshire aren't you? Bradford maybe..... Probably Ilkley
Ha! Not even close mate
The term 'you guys' has been hijacked it seems by people who like to get easily offended. Not too long ago that term was meant nothing more than 'them'. In this case the term 'you guys' was meant as those who have to put up with the likes of Anjem Choudry and yet show restraint. Wasn't meant as anything else mate
Old Aug 21st 2016, 12:34 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
That makes no sense. It's like saying you're from London, Lewisham maybe, probably Kensington.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 12:39 pm
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

He isn't British.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by iggle
He isn't British.

He's a hateful, hateful man and deserves to be treated as one....nationality aside.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp

He's a hateful, hateful man and deserves to be treated as one....nationality aside.
Yeah I don't think you two are talking about the same man mate
Old Aug 21st 2016, 1:17 pm
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 21st 2016, 1:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

...apparently not.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
That makes no sense. It's like saying you're from London, Lewisham maybe, probably Kensington.
Oi, nothing wrong with Lewisham... well, actually quite a lot wrong. More I think about it, not a lot right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.