Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Animal Cruelty in Dubai

Animal Cruelty in Dubai

Old Jul 20th 2009, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default Animal Cruelty in Dubai

Can you report this & if so to who ?

In case of any comebacks as the family are locals is it safer to be anonymous ? They have 8 young puppys are they are kept outside in pens 24hours a day and with temperatures reaching 45 degrees this week I dont think they mean to be cruel i think its more a lack of education regarding animal welfare. The family are from AD & they use this place at weekends only.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 5:22 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Animal Cruelty in Dubai

I remembered this article from last year, which might help: http://www.gulfnews.com/Nation/Society/10233837.html

Apart from the police, you could also call the International Fund for Animal Welfare which is based in Dubai and covers animal protection for the whole of the UAE.

Tel: +971 4 354 0460
[email protected]
Old Jul 20th 2009, 5:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Dubai Municipality 04 2891111

Khalid... Dubai Municipality (animal cruelty officer) 050 8565018
Old Jul 20th 2009, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Thanks EE & BC i hope the authorities are starting to take this serious BUT more likely they do it to just look good to the International community, i guess i should remain annonymous when complaining right ?
Old Jul 20th 2009, 6:53 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldxb
Thanks EE & BC i hope the authorities are starting to take this serious BUT more likely they do it to just look good to the International community, i guess i should remain annonymous when complaining right ?
apparently Khaled is brilliant, they were talking about him on EW so I wouldn't be worried about remaining anonymous, just tell him the situation and see what he advises.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:29 am
Just Joined

DrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really nice

I would hope that the police/ welfare office should deal with this well.
Since muslims were specifically warned by the prophet muhhamad (pbuh) not to be cruel to animals.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:48 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by DrMatt
I would hope that the police/ welfare office should deal with this well.
Since muslims were specifically warned by the prophet muhhamad (pbuh) not to be cruel to animals.
well they musn't have been listening properly then ...
Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
well they musn't have been listening properly then ...
but they don't like dogs do they...can't have dogs in the house, as i understand it...

MM, xx
Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:59 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
but they don't like dogs do they...can't have dogs in the house, as i understand it...

MM, xx
no they don't like dogs because it is alleged that one dug up the grave of Prophet Mohammed. However, if you go to the dog show it is the Emirati's who have some of the best breeds in the show. Not sure about them not being allowed indoors though.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

DrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really nice

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
Dogs saliva is najis (unclean)so you cannot pray in a room where there is dog saliva, so as a precaution, most will not allow a dog indoors, but will use it as a guard dog/ outside pet.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

buddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nice

My 2 fils. I think it depends on the individual. My dh's friend who is very local has eaten and prayed in our home many times.

We have a dog in the home.
Paul have you tried talking to them? Personally? I would go about it like saying if you need someone to feed, water, keep them in shade, I can find some help for you....bring a box of dates and just try talking to them.

Also, if they are desert type pups, they do tolerate the heat better than breeds not born here. I have to sometimes bribe my desert boy to come in the house in the heat of the day. He just sits in the sun, and loves it.

Anyhoo, good luck
Old Jul 21st 2009, 3:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to see REAL animal welfare issues, try visiting Kabul Zoo in Afghanistan, as the military son of one of my mates did recently...........

Have a look at the effect of the grenades (!!!!) that were tossed into various animal enclosures by 'the young Taliban'..........
Old Jul 21st 2009, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Dean
If you want to see REAL animal welfare issues, try visiting Kabul Zoo in Afghanistan, as the military son of one of my mates did recently...........

Have a look at the effect of the grenades (!!!!) that were tossed into various animal enclosures by 'the young Taliban'..........
lovely im sure
Old Jul 21st 2009, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by buddymom
My 2 fils. I think it depends on the individual. My dh's friend who is very local has eaten and prayed in our home many times.

We have a dog in the home.
Paul have you tried talking to them? Personally? I would go about it like saying if you need someone to feed, water, keep them in shade, I can find some help for you....bring a box of dates and just try talking to them.

Also, if they are desert type pups, they do tolerate the heat better than breeds not born here. I have to sometimes bribe my desert boy to come in the house in the heat of the day. He just sits in the sun, and loves it.

Anyhoo, good luck
Good idea, i havnt seen the dogs it was the mrs who told me
Old Jul 21st 2009, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

buddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nice

Living in Al Ain for 2 years, we had nothing but locals in our hood.

A lot of the kids liked playing with the dog, but they always said "We have to go wash our hands now

Even when our rottweiller bit one of the kids, we talked the the neighbor, and they brought a peace offering. They slaughtered a lamb, and brought us some.
Its a gesture to thank Allah the kid wasnt badly hurt, and to express no hard feeling to us.
That was quite a day...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.