Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

amazed none of you have picked up on this...

amazed none of you have picked up on this...

Old Sep 14th 2012, 12:49 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default amazed none of you have picked up on this...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19595221

What do you reckon?

Is she fair game? Does she deserve privacy whilst so publicly courting publicity? Should she have realised she would always be followed? How classy (or not) is topless sunbathing anyway?
Old Sep 14th 2012, 1:08 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: amazed none of you have picked up on this...

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine

What do you reckon?

Is she fair game? Does she deserve privacy whilst so publicly courting publicity? Should she have realised she would always be followed? How classy (or not) is topless sunbathing anyway?
Crazy thing is, if someone can aim a lens at her they can also aim a gun. Where is the security?
Old Sep 14th 2012, 2:07 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Natch - lens > gun. High pixel super zoom, and then crop out extraneous. You don't need to worry about wind gusts.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate this obsession the world has with celebs and the need to see every aspect of their lives. The paps are a low breed of people who I have little respect for.

Yes they deserve privacy- of course they do- they are only human. I dont want to see the queen having a poo or picking her nose but I am sure she still does those things. I find it all rather boring to be honest, do I want to see Kate sunbathing topless - no I really don't.

Prince William has never tried to hide his feelings towards the paps- and rightly so- I personally like Prince William and Kate, I would hate for him to withdraw from public duty( if he could) because of the press, just because he is in the public eye his life doesnt belong to the public. Leave them alone I say they put enough of their lives in public anyway, let them have some privacy.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 2:26 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I hate this obsession the world has with celebs and the need to see every aspect of their lives. The paps are a low breed of people who I have little respect for.

Yes they deserve privacy- of course they do- they are only human. I dont want to see the queen having a poo or picking her nose but I am sure she still does those things. I find it all rather boring to be honest, do I want to see Kate sunbathing topless - no I really don't.

Prince William has never tried to hide his feelings towards the paps- and rightly so- I personally like Prince William and Kate, I would hate for him to withdraw from public duty( if he could) because of the press, just because he is in the public eye his life doesnt belong to the public. Leave them alone I say they put enough of their lives in public anyway, let them have some privacy.
And her tits aren't all that either...
Old Sep 14th 2012, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

I do not think anybody should be photographed without their consent. Period.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 3:16 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

At least it's taken the heat off Prince Harry, she sure is lovely though, Williams batting way above his league, lol.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

If William hadn't gone and got himself in one or two of the pics, Kate might have bluffed this out - it really isn't easy to see that it's her.

My solution: there would be nothing special for the world to show an interest in if a topless Royal was commonplace - so there's the answer: all Royal females should pose topless for the press, get the pictures circulated to all the media, and there's nothing for the paparazzi to chase after.

So come on Ma'am, get one's tits out for one's lads............

[PS - did anyone else find the official statement (that it has 'turned the clock back 15 years') rather chilling?]
Old Sep 14th 2012, 5:42 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
If William hadn't gone and got himself in one or two of the pics, Kate might have bluffed this out - it really isn't easy to see that it's her.

My solution: there would be nothing special for the world to show an interest in if a topless Royal was commonplace - so there's the answer: all Royal females should pose topless for the press, get the pictures circulated to all the media, and there's nothing for the paparazzi to chase after.

[PS - did anyone else find the official statement (that it has 'turned the clock back 15 years') rather chilling?]
Yes, Wills has already mentioned the press pressure on Diana in the same way, but they are going to sue the magazine under the quite strict French privacy laws.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 5:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean

You can't really expect William to have a high regard for French paparazzi (or any other kind, for that matter). The editor of the French shit sheet which published the photo's says she can't understand what the fuss is about, which indicates a certain amount of either arogance or stupidity. Or both, really...
Old Sep 14th 2012, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
You can't really expect William to have a high regard for French paparazzi (or any other kind, for that matter). The editor of the French shit sheet which published the photo's says she can't understand what the fuss is about, which indicates a certain amount of either arogance or stupidity. Or both, really...
Maybee being French they don't find toplessness on the beach a big deal.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 6:20 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Surely the royal family have money and influence - just send someone to the editors house in the middle of the night with a gun and say 'publish and we'll kneecap you'
Old Sep 14th 2012, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

DM is reporting that the Photog was about half a mile away. Thats an expensive telephoto.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ate-taken.html
Old Sep 14th 2012, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Can you imagine thinking that someone is looking at you all the time no matter where you are, even when you can't see them? Enough to make you paranoid.

The photographer is a sleeze and the editor is worse.

Last edited by al dente; Sep 14th 2012 at 8:35 pm. Reason: to try and make sense
Old Sep 14th 2012, 9:09 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine

What do you reckon?

Does she really court publicity though?? She doesn't have to. Most of the time its official engagements.

On a second point, we say its terrible to do it, but how many people have looked at the pictures?? I certainly had to..............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.