AMA thread

Old Aug 24th 2017, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default AMA thread

I'm active on another forum where AMA threads are not uncommon. We never do them on here. I have a few hours to kill this afternoon, due to the sudden and unexpected extension of a deadline that was to keep me busy right up to the flight.

Perhaps it's ego, perhaps it's curiosity, perhaps it's even a genuine attempt at being entertaining but I thought I'd give it a try. Go ahead, ask me anything and I'll answer as best as I can (within reason).
Old Aug 24th 2017, 11:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: AMA thread

Are you the same in real life as you are on here or is this a persona?
Old Aug 24th 2017, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

A persona of what?

Originally Posted by Scamp
Are you the same in real life as you are on here or is this a persona?
Old Aug 24th 2017, 11:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
A persona of what?
Are you as you are on here in the real world? OR is this a bit of an act?
Old Aug 24th 2017, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

The anonymity probably allows slight exaggeration in character but that is likely true for all of us. For example, I'm sure Millhouse is a perfectly nice chap in real life and not a sarcastic and rude misogynist who takes pleasure in ruthlessly belittling innocent newbies.

Truth be told I wasn't aware of giving off the aura of a contrived personality.

Are you as you are on here in the real world? OR is this a bit of an act?
Old Aug 24th 2017, 11:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
The anonymity probably allows slight exaggeration in character but that is likely true for all of us. For example, I'm sure Millhouse is a perfectly nice chap in real life and not a sarcastic and rude misogynist who takes pleasure in ruthlessly belittling innocent newbies.

Truth be told I wasn't aware of giving off the aura of a contrived personality.
He is nice in real life, you're right. I sometimes have to remind myself that it's easy to take things very much the wrong way in written. Inflection, context, speed of delivery, tone type things etc are impossible on a forum.

OK.

Next.

How many women have you slept with?
Old Aug 24th 2017, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

OK.

Next.

How many women have you slept with?
Old Aug 24th 2017, 11:53 am
Account Closed

What's your least attractive quality?

I think it's just us by the way.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

I know. This AMA is falling flat on its face. But I don't mind. I'm leaving on holiday tonight

As regards the least attractive quality (not including internet misogyny that seems to affect all of us on BE) probably impatience. I hate situations where I have a lack of control or options, such as flight journeys, and when something goes wrong or is delayed I can be very rude to the poor staff even though it's not their fault. I've worked on overcoming this. This also applies to other areas in everyday life.

What's your least attractive quality?

I think it's just us by the way.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't possible contribute to your self indulgence, but will settle a point of clarification.

I'm super calm and nice in real life, but incredibly direct and honest. If you're an idiot, I will tell you to your face. I have no fear of the consequences. So far this strategy has worked very well for me.

I love woman and would never be misogynistic. Quite the opposite in fact. I also find gay men the most misogynistic people on earth that feel the need to flag all instances of potential misogyny wherever they can - almost in an act of denial.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Millhouse, you were unnecessarily rude to the girl who asked about salaries in Qatar by mocking her spelling and grammar and you have done this to quite a few other new posters who, no surprise, never return. You claim you're direct and honest but that's the typical excuse used by misogynists. It's akin to someone claiming they're forthright when in reality they're just rude.

You are probably right about some gay men to a degree. There is a streak of.... well, we'll call it misogyny for now as it's a convenient term (I'd have used something else). It is primarily the consequence of having been shunted to the sidelines of life for so long, always an outsider, so you come to think the social rules that smoothen the rough edges of human interaction in this messy world of ours don't apply to you. Glad to say this is not true for most gay men I know.

The same reaction can also be seen in certain types of other people. So it's not just a gay thing.

I don't care if you love women. Good for you. But that alone does not make you not a misogynist.

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I couldn't possible contribute to your self indulgence, but will settle a point of clarification.

I'm super calm and nice in real life, but incredibly direct and honest. If you're an idiot, I will tell you to your face. I have no fear of the consequences. So far this strategy has worked very well for me.

I love woman and would never be misogynistic. Quite the opposite in fact. I also find gay men the most misogynistic people on earth that feel the need to flag all instances of potential misogyny wherever they can - almost in an act of denial.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

You're on the roids
Old Aug 24th 2017, 12:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
You're on the roids
Emma Roids not Stella Roids, unfortunately.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

misogynist
mɪˈsɒdʒ(ə)nɪst/Submit
noun
1. a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women.

It seems quite extreme that we would have people who genuinely feel this strongly towards women, doesn't it?
Old Aug 24th 2017, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah, you're right. I don't know what I was thinking. I was using the completely wrong term. Misanthrope is the correct word

But let's all be peace and chill out for the weekend. Wish someone would delete this thread.

misogynist
mɪˈsɒdʒ(ə)nɪst/Submit
noun
1. a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women.

It seems quite extreme that we would have people who genuinely feel this strongly towards women, doesn't it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.