Al Jazeera card

Old Jun 14th 2010, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

Mr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to all
Default Al Jazeera card

So, I blew AED660 on this damn card. Survived the loss of signal on day one, now I am being told I don't have access to the channels (hence couldn't watch those loveable aussies getting dicked last night)

Anyone else had this problem? I read somewhere about needing to do a re-scan. What on earth does that mean?

I tried the Al Jazeera number on the card. "you put card in wrong way". No. No I didnt. He was then fresh out of suggestions.

Any ideas?
Old Jun 14th 2010, 5:03 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Jazeera card

Mine took about 15 minutes to settle itself. The other channels (JSC sports +3 thru' +7) were working fine straight off, I think the system just had to sort itself out. Didn't need to rescan or anything.

Plenty of suggestions re Al J, none I'd care to put down in writing.

Good luck!
Old Jun 14th 2010, 7:09 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

They put some re-tuning advice up the other day...second day of the tournament I think. My neighbour (I live in a compoundy style thing with colleagues) has a card which we have been sharing. It seems to work intermittently on his decoder, but works fine on mine (different make).
Old Jun 14th 2010, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Mr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Mine took about 15 minutes to settle itself. The other channels (JSC sports +3 thru' +7) were working fine straight off, I think the system just had to sort itself out. Didn't need to rescan or anything.

Plenty of suggestions re Al J, none I'd care to put down in writing.

Good luck!
Were you getting the "you dont have a valid subscription" message?

I can watch 1 thru 8. I now dont have 9 and JSC world cup which sis where all the football is (I believe). So for my AED660 I get re-runs of the 1991 grand national on Al J 4. Which is nice

I've just got the bog standard decoder that came with my OSN subscription (think it is a Coship)
Old Jun 14th 2010, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Moleskins

I can watch 1 thru 8. I now dont have 9 and JSC world cup which sis where all the football is (I believe). So for my AED660 I get re-runs of the 1991 grand national on Al J 4. Which is nice

I've just got the bog standard decoder that came with my OSN subscription (think it is a Coship)
retune to 11240 and 11488
Old Jun 14th 2010, 8:51 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

So, I blew AED660 on this damn card. Survived the loss of signal on day one, now I am being told I don't have access to the channels (hence couldn't watch those loveable aussies getting dicked last night)

Anyone else had this problem? I read somewhere about needing to do a re-scan. What on earth does that mean?

I tried the Al Jazeera number on the card. "you put card in wrong way". No. No I didnt. He was then fresh out of suggestions.

Any ideas?

We had numerous problems but is working fine now. If still no joy, let me know & I can get Mr Meow to talk you through what he did to make ours work.

-
Old Jun 14th 2010, 9:42 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

No, I was getting "this channel is scrambled". Al J card didn't do anything in my standard OSN HD box--had to go and buy a Humax box. My OSN box has an additional slot above the normal slot, which will accept a cam (an adapter into which you put the Al J card), but I didn't try that.