Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The advantages of a beaten up car...

The advantages of a beaten up car...

Old Jul 29th 2008, 2:54 pm
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of
Default The advantages of a beaten up car...

Okay, living in a major city like Amsterdam has it's ups and downs. Years ago I bought this beaten up old Ford Mondeo Station car to drive around in and around Amsterdam with. Yeah... I admit, if it was an animal I would have given it it's mercy shot a long time ago. But the dents and rust spots give it style, and due to lack of water and soap it turned from a light green into a partly grey and black color. The damn thing is like a whore on Monday morning, she always works.

So I come out of the supermarket with two bags of groceries about to break and I see this fat Mercedes with German number plates parked in such a way three cars can't get out. Okay... As my Ford can't float on water, I can't go forwards. So waiting for nearly 30 minutes until Uncle Fritz finally shows up to open his own trunk he tells me in f**king German language to wait as he isn't finished yet. Wait!?!?!?!? My blood is reaching the boiling point but I get a grand idea. I see a garbage truck. Ask the guy if he wants to earn a six pack of beer "Sure... What do you want?" With a smile on my face "Just reverse without looking in your rear view mirror okay? A meter will be enough..." So I'm looking around to see if I have witnesses to this all. And with a smile on my face I hear the cracking sounds come off that German piece of shit called a car. Did leave my business card behind the window wiper, with written in perfect DUTCH... Welcome to Amsterdam. Arrogant bastards...

Dutchie

Last edited by Dutchie; Jul 29th 2008 at 2:56 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The advantages of a beaten up car...

Originally Posted by Dutchie
Okay, living in a major city like Amsterdam has it's ups and downs. Years ago I bought this beaten up old Ford Mondeo Station car to drive around in and around Amsterdam with. Yeah... I admit, if it was an animal I would have given it it's mercy shot a long time ago. But the dents and rust spots give it style, and due to lack of water and soap it turned from a light green into a partly grey and black color. The damn thing is like a whore on Monday morning, she always works.

So I come out of the supermarket with two bags of groceries about to break and I see this fat Mercedes with German number plates parked in such a way three cars can't get out. Okay... As my Ford can't float on water, I can't go forwards. So waiting for nearly 30 minutes until Uncle Fritz finally shows up to open his own trunk he tells me in f**king German language to wait as he isn't finished yet. Wait!?!?!?!? My blood is reaching the boiling point but I get a grand idea. I see a garbage truck. Ask the guy if he wants to earn a six pack of beer "Sure... What do you want?" With a smile on my face "Just reverse without looking in your rear view mirror okay? A meter will be enough..." So I'm looking around to see if I have witnesses to this all. And with a smile on my face I hear the cracking sounds come off that German piece of shit called a car. Did leave my business card behind the window wiper, with written in perfect DUTCH... Welcome to Amsterdam. Arrogant bastards...

Dutchie
Do you have "Wind" in your last name???
Old Jul 29th 2008, 4:03 pm

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Confucius
Do you have "Wind" in your last name???
Nope... And I paid for the damages, okay my insurance will I mean . I only wanted the guy to learn a lesson in decent behavior.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Nope... And I paid for the damages, okay my insurance will I mean . I only wanted the guy to learn a lesson in decent behavior.
You spiteful bastard...
Old Jul 29th 2008, 4:06 pm

You spiteful bastard...
You German by any chance ?
Old Jul 29th 2008, 5:59 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

You German by any chance ?
I would have just broken one of his bones...seems a pity to waste money seeing your insurance premiums go up

N.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 7:07 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Dutchie

If you want to be an honorary BE on this board...you can't go around doing things like that...so un-British !

You just have to put up with the German's selfishness but...at the same time...give him hell verbally...until he sees sense...else phone the cops !!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by MacScot
If you want to be an honorary BE on this board...you can't go around doing things like that...so un-British !

You just have to put up with the German's selfishness but...at the same time...give him hell verbally...until he sees sense...else phone the cops !!
Well to give you a prime example? If I came to the UK (or England or GB) and just simply stated "This is a suburb of Holland" I assume, no know you would feel slightly insulted. That's how the Germans think they are allowed to treat the Dutch....
Old Jul 29th 2008, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I would have just broken one of his bones...seems a pity to waste money seeing your insurance premiums go up

N.
In my line of work I pay an annual rate that is higher then normal anyhow. So what the heck, this guy will never forget me, that was worth it to me.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 4:15 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Dutchie
By Golly, I like the cut of your jib....

Bit of a rum thing to do but its one in the eye for old Jerry, eh?????
Old Aug 1st 2008, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Well to give you a prime example? If I came to the UK (or England or GB) and just simply stated "This is a suburb of Holland" I assume, no know you would feel slightly insulted. That's how the Germans think they are allowed to treat the Dutch....
You obviously haven't been to the Uk recently..

Over the passed three decades it has become a suburb of India, Pakistan and Somalia. More recently it has also become a suburb of Poland.

Wave a UK flag in some places in the Uk and you are likely to get arrested.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by admon
You obviously haven't been to the Uk recently..

Over the passed three decades it has become a suburb of India, Pakistan and Somalia. More recently it has also become a suburb of Poland.

Wave a UK flag in some places in the Uk and you are likely to get arrested.
I know what you mean, was in London about three weeks ago. It's hilarious to see the old fashioned type Brit with ball hat and umbrella standing next to a few Indians and Pakistani people waiting for public transport. And I thought Holland was a suburb of Poland. Only 200.000 estimated to be walking around here.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Do you have "Frans" in your first name???
Old Aug 1st 2008, 7:19 pm

Do you have "Frans" in your first name???
No, may I ask why you're asking this?
Old Aug 1st 2008, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No, may I ask why you're asking this?
Just a feeling...
Annoying isn't it???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.