Adopting a dog

Old Jun 7th 2009, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default Adopting a dog

Im hearing through the grapevine that there will be an influx of unwanted animals due to ppl going home etc etc.... As i am staying here i was considering adopting a dog does anyone know any websites or what you do or where you go etc etc...
Old Jun 7th 2009, 6:32 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adopting a dog

Have a look at Dubizzle. Spugsy advertised two kittens on there for adoption quite recently. http://www.dubizzle.com/classified/pets/

Also you can adopt a pet at: www.k9friends.com
Old Jun 7th 2009, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

buddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nice

I got my beloved Buddy from expatpetfinders. There is also American Vet Clinic in AD, K9 friends, BVC All who have lovely strays and breeded dogs for adoption. So many dogs, so few owners. You are doing a good thing

You better be ready to keep doggie, not just for a whim,.. they are for life!
I can help you find the dog that suits you, pm me if you like
Old Jun 7th 2009, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by buddymom
I got my beloved Buddy from expatpetfinders. There is also American Vet Clinic in AD, K9 friends, BVC All who have lovely strays and breeded dogs for adoption. So many dogs, so few owners. You are doing a good thing

You better be ready to keep doggie, not just for a whim,.. they are for life!
I can help you find the dog that suits you, pm me if you like
I had my last dog for 13 years, i even brought her over here but she passed away due to old age a few months back, i have looked on K9friends but all the dogs seem to be saluki's & i dont really like the look of them
Old Jun 7th 2009, 7:17 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldxb
I had my last dog for 13 years, i even brought her over here but she passed away due to old age a few months back, i have looked on K9friends but all the dogs seem to be saluki's & i dont really like the look of them
Snap.... Never really like the Saluki look, but unsure what breeds would be comfortable out here, other then them...

Keep hearing that K9 are overrun with dogs, yet the list of dogs on the site never seems to change....
Old Jun 7th 2009, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

buddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nice

Try expat pet finder Google it. or Posh paws has a few breeds. What are you loking for?

What was your last dog?
Old Jun 7th 2009, 7:19 am
Account Closed

What about Dubizzle? There are some cute puppies on there.

I would love to get a dog and I am seriously thinking about getting one. My family and I have had both pedigree and pavement specials. The pedigrees are a lot prettier but the pavement specials seem to be a lot "hardier" and resistant to bugs and breeding problems. I have no idea about dogs over here, and I don't want to end up with a the lemon - I've read Marley and Me after all! I noticed on Dubizzle that someone is advertising a Bichon Friese - cute, but noisy and crazy - avoid!
Old Jun 7th 2009, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Honestly I would avoid Dubizzle. I have got some great deals on furniture there, but they have been restricted from selling dogs ,..as it is "ïllegal" A mess if u ask me. They are selling dogs on souq. com as well

I have no problem with proper breeding and seling of animals, but my experience here, ie: buying a "local" rottweiller wasnt that great.

So many people leaving, and I can understand their plight, it is sad, you can get a great dog if you look around, and are patient.

Again, what are you looking for??
Old Jun 7th 2009, 7:32 am
Account Closed

Honestly I would avoid Dubizzle. I have got some great deals on furniture there, but they have been restricted from selling dogs ,..as it is "ïllegal" A mess if u ask me. They are selling dogs on souq. com as well

I have no problem with proper breeding and seling of animals, but my experience here, ie: buying a "local" rottweiller wasnt that great.

So many people leaving, and I can understand their plight, it is sad, you can get a great dog if you look around, and are patient.

Again, what are you looking for??
You cannot buy a dog from dubizzle as it is illegal, but you can adopt one for free, which is what Paul was asking. If you want to buy one, then that is a different story. Personally I would want to check the dog over and look at the parents before I would consider buying a puppy.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Oh Shit, just looked on expatpetforum, and want all the doggies.

A side note, I had a rottie, he was not the best suited to this climate.
I now have a saluki/collie/??? mix who happily goes out in the heat and adapts very well I will post a pic
Old Jun 7th 2009, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
You cannot buy a dog from dubizzle as it is illegal, but you can adopt one for free, which is what Paul was asking. If you want to buy one, then that is a different story. Personally I would want to check the dog over and look at the parents before I would consider buying a puppy.
Yeah, I am not disagreeing, but I hane seen chimps. iguanas, dogs, lions. tigers, and bears for sale on Dubizzle. Hence my response.

We are both on the same page trying to help Paul adopt a doggie to keep him company I think..
Old Jun 7th 2009, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

http://www.expatpetfinder.com/index....tegory/catid/8

Hope this works. They are all cuties
Old Jun 7th 2009, 7:50 am
Account Closed

Yeah, I am not disagreeing, but I hane seen chimps. iguanas, dogs, lions. tigers, and bears for sale on Dubizzle. Hence my response.

We are both on the same page trying to help Paul adopt a doggie to keep him company I think..
Oh yeah I've heard about that - fills me with disgust. I've heard there are pet shops like that in Sharjah. The whole lot should be shut down!
Old Jun 7th 2009, 8:12 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
What about Dubizzle? There are some cute puppies on there.

I would love to get a dog and I am seriously thinking about getting one. My family and I have had both pedigree and pavement specials. The pedigrees are a lot prettier but the pavement specials seem to be a lot "hardier" and resistant to bugs and breeding problems. I have no idea about dogs over here, and I don't want to end up with a the lemon - I've read Marley and Me after all! I noticed on Dubizzle that someone is advertising a Bichon Friese - cute, but noisy and crazy - avoid!
Aye... Have seen that...

They are willing to give the dog away for free... but you have to pay 3000AED for its cage...
Old Jun 7th 2009, 8:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Aye... Have seen that...

They are willing to give the dog away for free... but you have to pay 3000AED for its cage...
I wouldn't pay anything for one of those things - Bichon Frieses are schizo.

Last edited by Emerald_Eyes; Jun 7th 2009 at 8:34 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.