Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

93% return on your investment!!!

93% return on your investment!!!

Old Feb 17th 2009, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default 93% return on your investment!!!

Fantastic!!! Unbeatable!!!

Earn 93% per annum on your life savings.................

............... all you have to do is buy the Nakheel sukuk bond that matures in December this year!!!

The market is so sure Nakheel won't be able to repay the maturing debts that they have driven the bond price down to such a low level that it will yield 93% p.a. to anyone brave enough to buy it, and lucky enough to get his money back!!!

Go on - what are you waiting for???
Old Feb 17th 2009, 3:30 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 93% return on your investment!!!

Originally Posted by The Dean
Fantastic!!! Unbeatable!!!

Earn 93% per annum on your life savings.................

............... all you have to do is buy the Nakheel sukuk bond that matures in December this year!!!

The market is so sure Nakheel won't be able to repay the maturing debts that they have driven the bond price down to such a low level that it will yield 93% p.a. to anyone brave enough to buy it, and lucky enough to get his money back!!!

Go on - what are you waiting for???
hmm, yeah... gosh, now I don't know whether to go for that or this business proposal!

Dear Friend,
My name is EMMANUEL SAMUEL, I am the manager of bill and exchange at the foreign remittance department of BANK OF AFRICA (B.O.A) here in OUAGADOUGOU, BURKINA FASO.
In my department we discovered an abandoned sum of US$30m dollars (THIRTY Million US dollars) in an account that belongs to one of our foreign customer (ENGR. STEVEN MOORE from AUSTRALI) who died along with his entire family in Jully 2005 in a plane crash. Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless some body applies for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as indicated in our banking guidlings and laws but unfortunately we learnt that all his supposed next of kin or relation died alongside with him at the plane crash leaving nobody behind for the claim.
It is therefore upon this discovery that I now decided to make this business proposal to you and release the money to you as the next of kin or relation to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it and I don't want this money to go into the bank treasury as unclaimed bill. The banking law and guidline here stipulates that if such money remained unclaimed after four years, the money will be transfered into the bank treasury as unclaimed fund.
I agree that 40% of this money will be for you as a respect to the provision of a foriegn account , 10% will be set aside for expenses incurred during the business and 50% would be for me Thereafter,
You should contact me immediately as soon as you receive this letter for more information.
Yours Faithfully,
EMMANUEL SAMUEL

Old Feb 17th 2009, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
hmm, yeah... gosh, now I don't know whether to go for that or this business proposal!

Dear Friend,
My name is EMMANUEL SAMUEL, I am the manager of bill and exchange at the foreign remittance department of BANK OF AFRICA (B.O.A) here in OUAGADOUGOU, BURKINA FASO.
In my department we discovered an abandoned sum of US$30m dollars (THIRTY Million US dollars) in an account that belongs to one of our foreign customer (ENGR. STEVEN MOORE from AUSTRALI) who died along with his entire family in Jully 2005 in a plane crash. Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless some body applies for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as indicated in our banking guidlings and laws but unfortunately we learnt that all his supposed next of kin or relation died alongside with him at the plane crash leaving nobody behind for the claim.
It is therefore upon this discovery that I now decided to make this business proposal to you and release the money to you as the next of kin or relation to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it and I don't want this money to go into the bank treasury as unclaimed bill. The banking law and guidline here stipulates that if such money remained unclaimed after four years, the money will be transfered into the bank treasury as unclaimed fund.
I agree that 40% of this money will be for you as a respect to the provision of a foriegn account , 10% will be set aside for expenses incurred during the business and 50% would be for me Thereafter,
You should contact me immediately as soon as you receive this letter for more information.
Yours Faithfully,
EMMANUEL SAMUEL

Only 40 pct for you, Kitty?

These Nigerians are getting greedy...............
Old Feb 17th 2009, 3:37 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon you'd get far more feedback on the progress of your 'investment' from Burkina Faso.....
Old Feb 17th 2009, 3:50 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
hese Nigerians are getting greedy...............
Nigerians? aren't they Burkinabes?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 3:53 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Nigerians? aren't they Burkinabes?
Good point, he wouldnt want to be likened to those mugu Nigerians... They will scam you and ask you for money, you know... Not like this nice banker......

But if that doesnt work out for you, could I interest you in a wonderful new development in Dubai? All we need is your life savings and, every month, Ill take a picture of another block that is actually under construction and imply its your one....
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:03 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Good point, he wouldnt want to be likened to those mugu Nigerians... They will scam you and ask you for money, you know... Not like this nice banker......

But if that doesnt work out for you, could I interest you in a wonderful new development in Dubai? All we need is your life savings and, every month, Ill take a picture of another block that is actually under construction and imply its your one....
Despite being a consultant in the oil and gas industry...Nigeria is one country I have written off and have barred email from that country. My potential loss, but no worries !
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:06 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Despite being a consultant in the oil and gas industry...Nigeria is one country I have written off and have barred email from that country. My potential loss, but no worries !
Ive knocked back 2 seperate attempts by my employers to get me into Nigeria.... Better jobs, highest hardship rates etc..... But have told them that if they pushed Id bugger off to the competition..

So they send me to Dubai....
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:06 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

I've actually got a nice selection of worthy propositions at the moment...

This is to officially inform you that (ATM Card Number(5438400123456789) has been accredited in yourfavor.Your Personal Identification Number is 2900. The ATM Card Value is 3.5MILLION USD. You are advice to contact our affiliate courier company with the information below. Note:The only fees you have to pay to the courier company is the delivery fee of US100,contact them as soon as possible to make arrangement on how to deliver your ATM CARD. Contact Person:Mr.Jeffrey SimpsonEmail: [email protected]hone Number: FULL NAME,DELIVERY ADDRESS,TELEPHONE NUMBER,COUNTRY,OCCUPATION,SEX,AGE: Regards, Senator David Mark.

Can't go wrong with a Senator emailing me, surely?!
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:08 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Ive knocked back 2 seperate attempts by my employers to get me into Nigeria.... Better jobs, highest hardship rates etc..... But have told them that if they pushed Id bugger off to the competition..

That'll teach you to be picky...
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:10 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
I've actually got a nice selection of worthy propositions at the moment...

This is to officially inform you that (ATM Card Number(5438400123456789) has been accredited in yourfavor.Your Personal Identification Number is 2900. The ATM Card Value is 3.5MILLION USD. You are advice to contact our affiliate courier company with the information below. Note:The only fees you have to pay to the courier company is the delivery fee of US100,contact them as soon as possible to make arrangement on how to deliver your ATM CARD. Contact Person:Mr.Jeffrey SimpsonEmail: [email protected]hone Number: FULL NAME,DELIVERY ADDRESS,TELEPHONE NUMBER,COUNTRY,OCCUPATION,SEX,AGE: Regards, Senator David Mark.

Can't go wrong with a Senator emailing me, surely?!
Ooh, ooh; I'd go for that. Can you pm me your bank account number, password and username to credit the tons of money I'll send to you when I get paid out.

Honest...
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:11 pm
A bubbly-jock...

Haha... I think you made the right choice..but I am beginning to wonder myself about Dubai..so many doom and gloom stories surfacing of late
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:39 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

some mad stories in that 'don't tell mum I work on the oil rigs...' book about Nigeria, sounds full on lawless.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:40 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by Spugsy
some mad stories in that 'don't tell mum I work on the oil rigs...' book about Nigeria, sounds full on lawless.
Aye, his first book was spot on on a lot of places.... Didnt like his second one tho....
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:42 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Haha... I think you made the right choice..but I am beginning to wonder myself about Dubai..so many doom and gloom stories surfacing of late
Im more than happy at the mo... Just had the big boss in Houston telling me that Im one of the bullet proof ones...

Mind you, is that like getting the backing of the board for a footie manager????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.